Feds announced that they will not uphold the Law of the land

Started by srkruzich, May 21, 2010, 04:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

A top Department of Homeland Security official reportedly said his agency will not necessarily process illegal immigrants referred to them by Arizona authorities.

John Morton, assistant secretary of homeland security for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, made the comment during a meeting on Wednesday with the editorial board of the Chicago Tribune, the newspaper reports.

"I don't think the Arizona law, or laws like it, are the solution," Morton told the newspaper.

The best way to reduce illegal immigration is through a comprehensive federal approach, he said, and not a patchwork of state laws.

Immigrant rights' supporters around the country took to the streets on May 1 to protest Arizona's new immigration law which seeks to identify, prosecute and deport illegal immigrants.  Take a look at the massive protests. 

The law, which criminalizes being in the state illegally and requires authorities to check suspects for immigration status, is not "good government," Morton said.

In response to Morton's comments, DHS officials said President Obama has ordered the Department of Justice to examine the civil rights and other implications of the law.

"That review will inform the government's actions going forward," DHS spokesman Matt Chandler told Fox News on Friday.

Fox News legal analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano said ICE is not obligated to process illegal immigrants referred to them by Arizona authorities.

"ICE has the legal discretion to accept or not to accept persons delivered to it by non-federal personnel," Napolitano said. "It also has the discretion to deport or not to deport persons delivered to it by any government agents, even its own."

Morton, according to a biography posted on ICE's website, began his federal service in 1994 and has held numerous positions at the Department of Justice, including as a trial attorney and special assistant to the general counsel in the former Immigration and Naturalization Service and as counsel to the deputy attorney general.

Border apprehensions in Arizona, where roughly 500,000 illegal immigrants are estimated to be living, are up 6 percent since October, according to federal statistics
. Roughly 6.5 million residents live in Arizona.

Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-AL, said it appeared the Obama administration is "nullifying existing law" and suggested Morton may not be the right person for his post if he fails to enforce federal immigration law.

"If he feels he cannot enforce the law, he shouldn't have the job," Sessions told Fox News. "That makes him, in my view, not fulfilling the responsibilities of his office."

Sessions said the U.S. government has "systematically failed" to enforce federal immigration law and claimed Morton's statement is an indication that federal officials do not plan on working with Arizona authorities regarding its controversial law.

"They're telegraphing to every ICE agency in America that they really don't intend on cooperating with Arizona," Sessions said. "The federal government should step up and do it. It's their responsibility."
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

But what about the people who want the Feds to basically butt out of the states' business? The Feds just tossed it back and that doesn't suit either? What next?

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on May 21, 2010, 05:51:24 PM
But what about the people who want the Feds to basically butt out of the states' business? The Feds just tossed it back and that doesn't suit either? What next?

Excuse me diane, This is the fed govts responsibility. Part of securing our borders, defending the nation as a whole. Thats why they call it the border.  What everyone is demanding the feds get out of is,  siezing control of businesses, banking, wallstreet, our health industry, our education, and the list goes on and on.  They need to get back to doing their job which is NOT controlling the states business on a national level.

Diane Amberg

I don't disagree but it seems whatever I say someone will argue with it.  It seems rather late in coming after many years and rather inside out.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on May 21, 2010, 09:46:48 PM
I don't disagree but it seems whatever I say someone will argue with it.  It seems rather late in coming after many years and rather inside out.

You know maybe it is late, but it doesn't really matter now does it.  The law has been semi followed for the last decade or so since clinton took office, but now the administration is ignoring the law completely.  Its time for the feds to DO the job that is delegated to them. 

Why are we spending billions on Dept of Homeland Security when they are not securing our border?   SHoot they are wasting 8 million dollars and stealing a farmers 5 acres up near canada somewhere, where only 40 cars a day cross.  what crack is napolitano smoking??

Diane Amberg

Really, I don't disagree but how do they pay for it? Reallocate existing funds? Or raise taxes? Now that would be real popular!Then what? Our prisons here are overcrowded as it is. Do we build new federal facilities and at what cost? Even tents cost money. Then food ,clothes etc. Then they have to go through an already crowded court system, takes too much time. Very expensive no matter how it is done. OK, so we deport them... how, to where and to whom? Is Mexico going to cooperate? If they are dropped off just over the border they'll  come right back. What about the "coyotes" who make a living transporting them? How do we clean them up? In the meantime the schools and hospitals and all seem to be stuck and won't say no and I'm not sure why. (If the states themselves won't get their act together, how can the feds do anything?) So the feds better be coming up with money to subsidize those kids just as we got a stipend for the education of the military kids. Some states are issuing drivers licenses? Why? How does that help? There is a mismatch here I don't understand. It seems some state groups are harboring them and others are trying to do something about the problem. They better all get together on this.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on May 22, 2010, 08:30:34 AM
Really, I don't disagree but how do they pay for it?
Like Dept of homeland security doesnt' have waste spending....But to answer you question, What does the government do that has no constitutional authority.  Lets see, National institute of Art recieves millions upon millions of dollars that they use to buy these butt ugly "pieces of art" and i use that term very loosely that sit outside of courthouses and government buildings.  These so called recipient artists could not make it in the real world as a serious artist so the government decided to buy their uhmm creations since the market knows what art is and is not.

Then you can find more money in the department of ed, which is nothing but a black hole for money cause it does absolutely nothing to further education. 

Those are just two areas we could find the money.

QuoteReallocate existing funds?
Thats a start.

QuoteOr raise taxes?
No need for that if we reallocate money.

QuoteOur prisons here are overcrowded as it is.
Ok, and the problem is? If theres space on a floor theres space for a prisoner. They are in PRISON not the hilton.  Personal space is a luxury that is not afforded prisoners.

QuoteEven tents cost money.
Tents are cheaper than concrete.

QuoteThen food
Baloney and pb&j.  Why not corn mush and bread?  Oh heres a novel idea,   why not put the illegals that are serving out their prison terms to work growing the food for the prison! :O  nahhh thats too easy you know.

Quote,clothes etc.
NOt that big a problem.   Lets see, you can buy clothes in bales and bulk for pennies on the dollar.  put them in a washer and dye them pink or whatever color and distribute them out.

QuoteThen they have to go through an already crowded court system, takes too much time.
well we already have to send em to court as it is.

QuoteOK, so we deport them... how, to where and to whom? Is Mexico going to cooperate? If they are dropped off just over the border they'll  come right back.
IF they come back, its a second offense. or third.  Sentence them accordingly. First offense, 6 mo -1 year in jail. 2nd offence 5 years.  Third offence 10 years.  Before long its not worth the risk for them to come back.

QuoteWhat about the "coyotes" who make a living transporting them? How do we clean them up?
Shoot them.  THeir smugglers, be it drugs or people.  Make the penalty for smuggling not worth the risk of getting caught.

QuoteIn the meantime the schools and hospitals and all seem to be stuck and won't say no and I'm not sure why.
ITs relatively simple. Deny services.  IF you are illegal you don't get squat. IF you are illegal and wish to pay for it out of your own pocket, then thats fine.   

Quote(If the states themselves won't get their act together, how can the feds do anything?)
The states have been trying to get something done but the FEDS will not do their job.  but thats about to change.  Arizona fired the first shot.  Many other states will join after Arizona is successful in their goal such as forcing the feds hands into securing our border or Arizona is successsful in doing it themselves.  Either way, once something happens, the rest of the states are going to jump in on it.

QuoteSo the feds better be coming up with money to subsidize those kids just as we got a stipend for the education of the military kids.
WHy subsidize the kids?  not our problem.

QuoteSome states are issuing drivers licenses? Why? How does that help? There is a mismatch here I don't understand. It seems some state groups are harboring them and others are trying to do something about the problem. They better all get together on this.

Your right some states are harboring criminals.  California is one.

jerry wagner

Quote from: srkruzich on May 22, 2010, 08:53:09 AM
Like Dept of homeland security doesnt' have waste spending....But to answer you question, What does the government do that has no constitutional authority.  Lets see, National institute of Art recieves millions upon millions of dollars that they use to buy these butt ugly "pieces of art" and i use that term very loosely that sit outside of courthouses and government buildings.  These so called recipient artists could not make it in the real world as a serious artist so the government decided to buy their uhmm creations since the market knows what art is and is not.

Then you can find more money in the department of ed, which is nothing but a black hole for money cause it does absolutely nothing to further education. 

Those are just two areas we could find the money.

Thats a start.
  No need for that if we reallocate money.
  Ok, and the problem is? If theres space on a floor theres space for a prisoner. They are in PRISON not the hilton.  Personal space is a luxury that is not afforded prisoners.

Tents are cheaper than concrete.
Baloney and pb&j.  Why not corn mush and bread?  Oh heres a novel idea,   why not put the illegals that are serving out their prison terms to work growing the food for the prison! :O  nahhh thats too easy you know.

NOt that big a problem.   Lets see, you can buy clothes in bales and bulk for pennies on the dollar.  put them in a washer and dye them pink or whatever color and distribute them out.

well we already have to send em to court as it is.
IF they come back, its a second offense. or third.  Sentence them accordingly. First offense, 6 mo -1 year in jail. 2nd offence 5 years.  Third offence 10 years.  Before long its not worth the risk for them to come back.
Shoot them.  THeir smugglers, be it drugs or people.  Make the penalty for smuggling not worth the risk of getting caught.
ITs relatively simple. Deny services.  IF you are illegal you don't get squat. IF you are illegal and wish to pay for it out of your own pocket, then thats fine.   
The states have been trying to get something done but the FEDS will not do their job.  but thats about to change.  Arizona fired the first shot.  Many other states will join after Arizona is successful in their goal such as forcing the feds hands into securing our border or Arizona is successsful in doing it themselves.  Either way, once something happens, the rest of the states are going to jump in on it.
WHy subsidize the kids?  not our problem.

Your right some states are harboring criminals.  California is one.

Wonderful display of human kindness.  They're children for Christ's sake, some Christian you are.

redcliffsw

Are there some new standards for Christians that we have not heard about?

srkruzich

Quote from: jerry wagner on May 22, 2010, 09:36:23 AM
Wonderful display of human kindness.  They're children for Christ's sake, some Christian you are.

First of all, you don't know my relationship with God, so your not able to make that judgement.  Secondly, so what if their children?  i get tired of hearing ohhh the children and then everyone goes awwweee lets spend some of joes money over there he's got more money than he knows what to do with, so lets take it and spend it on the children! 

I quite frankly am tired of it.  Not my problem anymore.  We have our own children, American children born of American parents that are starving cause they can't get any help because the ILLGEALS are taking their food. 

We take care of our own people first, then and only then if we have any extra we can spare, then take care of some other folks.

Charity begins at home, not the whole damn world

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk