Missing Horses!!

Started by Sarah, May 19, 2010, 07:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

We are missing 3 of our horses, so for ranchers that ranch over SW of Piedmont, or if you know of ones that do, please tell them to keep an eye out.  Missing since last night.  One big tall bay gelding, one stout sorrel Quarter Horse mare and one very loud black and white spotted leopard Appaloosa.  Please, if you see them, pm me and let us know.   Disappeared around 9:00 last night on Rd. 9, 1 and 1/2 miles south of Rock Rd. 

Janet Harrington

Did they just escape because of storms or do you think someone took them?

Sarah

They just escaped.  Neighbor was kind enough to bring them over first thing this morning when they showed up in her front yard.  Have no idea where they were all night before last or all day yesterday.  We had walked and driven all over the place and not a sign of them anywhere.  But all of them are back home safe and sound and locked in the small pasture till fence can be walked.  :-)

Diane Amberg

Glad they turned up OK.  Don't you wish they could talk?

Rudy Taylor

What? Horses don't talk??
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Ms Bear

Maybe it is best that they can't, sure glad my tomcat can't talk.  His girlfriend moved in and now has at least four kittens, still can't get her to come close enough so I can pet her.  As soon as she gets friendly enough they are going to visit the vet.

Roma Jean Turner

One of the things I love most about driving through Elk Co is seeing all the horses.  Probably sounds strange to you all that live there, but I hardly ever see a horse.

Sarah

Quote from: Roma Jean Turner on May 21, 2010, 02:21:38 PM
One of the things I love most about driving through Elk Co is seeing all the horses.  Probably sounds strange to you all that live there, but I hardly ever see a horse.

No horses where you're at?   Ours haven't gotten out again so I "think" I have their hole patched up.  Horses generally don't look for a way out like cows and goats do.  They just stumble upon them. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk