Elk County Historical Society

Started by ddurbin, October 22, 2006, 07:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddurbin

The annual meeting for 2006 of the Elk County Historical Society has been announced.  It is scheduled for November 5 at 2:00 p.m.  Location will be Fellowship Hall in the basement of the United Methodist Church in Moline.  Annual dues are only $1.00 per individual.  Contact person for additional info is David A. Brace, Chairman,  Box 307 Moline, Ks.  67353    dabrace@ksok.biz  Why not plan to attend to learn what the group is all about and how you might like to be involved.

genealogynut

Thanks for posting that useful information. I am interested in that, as I have quite a few questions.  I've marked my calendar, now......I'm hoping nothing comes up to conflict with that day and time.

Roma Jean Turner

I'm glad you are planning on going.  I'm going to e-mail David Brace and tell him to sign me up.  I simply have to much going on that weekend to make the trip down for the meeting.  Perhaps we can get enough people to have an active group or at least a quarterly newsletter of some kind.  Although with this great site, perhaps we don't need a newsletter. I'll look forward to your report.

Teresa

Thanks ddurbin.. nice to see a "new face" amongst the crowd.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

Ms. T,

ddurbin has been a member since June.  ddurbin just hasn't been talking until now.

Teresa

I realize that Miss Know It All... But I was referring to the fact that she is starting to post...

Jeese....Like I don't know who is a new member or not??~~??~~ ::)

ddurbin

Teresa,  You're being a little presumptuous to think that all your new members are of the female gender.  Think back to your high school days and see if you remember going to the Saturday dances at the fair barn and spending some time on the dance floor with one of those Moline boys--Dan Durbin.  That would be me.  I've lived over here in Winfield since 1977, but still try and keep in touch with Elk County.  This site is proving to be an excellent way to do that.  One of my main interests is genealogy and local history so I'll be contributing more in the future.  Like Lois and Roma, I've done a lot of research in old Moline papers and have a lot of obits, wedding announcements, 50th wedding anniv. stories and the like.  I've lurked long enough, and will try to submit more regularly.

genealogynut

Bring'em on, Dan!  I am anxous to read them. :)  I get tired of "hearin' myself talk" on the genealogy board.  I'd like to read someone else's material for a change. :)  By the way, do you have a sister named Becky?

We used to live in Winfield.  We were there over 25 years, until we moved away in 1997.

Janet Harrington

Oh, yes.  Dan Durbin.  I remember you.  I'm sure that Ms. T does too if her old mind can remember that far back.

Teresa

Dan Durbin? I am so sorry. I thought actually  that the D might stand for Diana..
and yes, I remember you..
Ahhhhh the old high school days... and the dances at the fair barn..
((Glad that old place can't talk))

whoooeeee would all of us be in trouble.. LOL LOL  ;)

Well, welcome Dan and I am glad that your Lurking days are over..
NOW... don't you feel better after coming out of the closet? Hee hee hee hee

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk