Weather?

Started by patyrn, May 10, 2010, 05:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

What is going on with the weather in southeast Kansas this afternoon?  We've seen broadcasts of bad weather in northern Oklahoma that appear to be heading your direction.  We avoided damage in our area of OKC, but there is lots of tornado damage east of OKC along I-40. 

greatguns

So far in Piedmont we've only had rain.  Thae wind blows pretty good for awhile the it dies down and comes back again.

Diane Amberg

I've been watching on Wonder Weather. Several tornado warning areas. Flood warnings for Wichita. Severe thunderstorm warnings for most everybody else. Sorry to hear there was damage.

greatguns

They said they had home and building damage in Dexter.  Now they have added a flood warning for us.

Diane Amberg

So far the tornado boxes are south of Howard but Howard is about to get more really heavy rain, I think. Hope nobody was hurt in Dexter. I'm going to assume the weather folks have taken over the TV like I saw when we were out there in '08. It is fascinating to watch.

Wilma

We had continuous coverage from our local NBC affiliate and they kept us informed about our area, which is unusual.  We usually have to just watch the radar and guess at what might happen.  Our weather channel was concentrating more on what was happening in Oklahoma and it was pretty bad.  That system moved on up here and looked like it was going to go right through Elk County.  Radar did show possible rotation south of Grenola, but then it was reported that ground observers couldn't see anything.  Our tornado siren sounded for about a minute, then stopped and that was about it.  Later another system came through and gave us some wind and heavy rain for a bit.  My rain guage shows about an inch.  It is badly needed in this area.

patyrn

I'm glad Elk County missed the worst of the weather  It looked like you were right in the path earlier in the afternoon.  We are north of OKC and avoided any of the damage from at least 26 tornadoes verified in Oklahoma today, but the east side of OKC extending on through the state toward Arkansas had extensive damage.  Miraculously at this point, there were only 5 fatalities.   A lot of rural areas and small communities were involved, so that number may grow with daylight when searches can be resumed.  Prayers go out for all those affected in any way!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk