The Warph & Redcliffsw Show

Started by Warph, May 10, 2010, 03:17:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Hmmmm... I wonder.... I'm wondering if Red and I are the only two left out here in "Poli-Land ??? ??? ???

'Hear that lonesome whip-poor-will,
(a Caprimulgus vociferus, if your interested, Wilma)
He sounds to blue to fly;
The midnight train is whining low,
I'm so lonesome I could cry...

(Jump on in here, Red)

I've never seen a night so long,
When time goes crawling by;
The moon just went behind a cloud,
To hide its face and cry.....

Did you ever see a Robin weep,
When leaves begin to die;
That means he's lost the will to live,
I'm so Lonesome I could cry....

(Take it away, Hank....)

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

larryJ

Warph, I, too, have noticed a great absence of entries, not only in "Poli-land", but in all the other threads as well.  At first, I was alarmed that perhaps something dastardly had befallen the good citizens of Elk County, but there was nothing on the news to indicate anything like that.  Then, I thought that maybe you or me or someone had posted something so disgusting that all good and true forum members were turned off and refused to have anything more to do with it.  Now, however, I am at a loss as to the lack of good stories and wise notations usually found here.  AND, I have also noticed that even lately when these people were posting, there were those who have been active in the past that were not participating.  I mean, what happened to your buddy Anmar?  And, Billy, AKA Varmint, has been quiet lately.  But there are others whose postings I certainly enjoy and I am sure you do too.  Where, oh where, have they all gone?

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

I know why I've been quiet, can't speak for anyone else. I don't want to accidentally do anything to upset the forum moderator family during a sad time....respect for the situation. That's just me.

Varmit

Oh, I still check in from time to time, but frankly had to take a break.  One thing that floors me about this forum is the level of "blindness", for whatever reason a good many people don't see what is going on in this country.  It is sad really.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Roma Jean Turner

I've just simply been very engaged in dealing with my own personal life and business the last couple of weeks and as Diane said my heart is very tied up with what is happening with Fred and Jo.

greatguns

Just not in the mood for all the arguing.

Wilma

I'm with greatguns.  There has to be something as interesting as arguing and getting all riled up and mad.  I enjoy hearing about what people are doing in their everyday life and about their pets.  Mine is so clever and cute, you all's must be, too.  How are the gardens doing this year?  My rose garden is almost finished.  I need one more white rose, preferably a floribunda.

That is part of why I don't post much.  No one else is interested in the things I want to hear about.  I can get all the information that I want about what the country is doing from TV and the newspaper.  I don't need any more rants about Obama's birth certificate or Palin's whatever.

pamagain

I don't post in here because I dont agree with any of it much so don't see any point in it anymore. I rarely read it because I'm tired of the same ol negative blah blah blah.
  I like a little Light with my Dark. Alls this is is perpetuatin the Dark.
  Politics suck pretty much.....nothin is gonna change in Washington.....so I'm off doin other things....Like enjoying my little piece of America and livin like I'm dyin instead of wasting my time on futile pursuits.

redcliffsw

This isn't the garden section but it's possible that tomatoes or roses
might become a politcal issue.

Well Pam if you don't agree with any of it much, then you must be
leaning left on many things unless you have some conservative
alternatives.

jerry wagner

Quote from: redcliffsw on May 12, 2010, 10:50:21 AM
This isn't the garden section but it's possible that tomatoes or roses
might become a politcal issue.

Well Pam if you don't agree with any of it much, then you must be
leaning left on many things unless you have some conservative
alternatives.

Either that or you are so far off the reservation to the right that she is not left :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk