The Marines are Looking

Started by redcliffsw, May 07, 2010, 12:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

The Marines Are Looking for a Few Good High School Students
-Laurence M. Vance
http://www.lewrockwell.com/vance/vance202.html

Diane Amberg

Good grief. Does this writer not realize that for some poorer areas of the country the military is also a source of a JOB?   Also, education and training? The pay may not be what I'd like it to be but it surely is better than delivering pizzas for a living. A pilot for Obama? How narrow minded and shortsighted is that? Is there anybody left who doesn't have some sort of negative agenda?

srkruzich

I don't disagree with him for the most part.  Today is not the day to go enlist.  It has gone from bad to worse since this administration took office.   
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

How? This is is going to sound flip, but is it better for a young person to live off taxpayers ,meaning me, while doing nothing,unemployed, or live off the taxpayers money while doing something honorable? What happened to all the support our troops talk?

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on May 07, 2010, 05:00:32 PM
How? This is is going to sound flip, but is it better for a young person to live off taxpayers ,meaning me, while doing nothing,unemployed, or live off the taxpayers money while doing something honorable? What happened to all the support our troops talk?

No ones not supporting the troops.  This isn't about supporting them.  The troops are leaving in droves because conditions have gotten so bad since this administration has taken over. 

My son was going for a career in the military but its gotten so bad that he's getting out now and i said thank God he made that decision. 

First of all if Obama was serious about ending this crap in afghanistan, he would send in the troops in mass and release the dogs of war.  That will stop it once and for all.   But no he wont' commit the necessary troops to get the job done, and he is playing political correct bs and jeapordizing our boys lives.  They are nothing but fodder over there now policing the popluace instead of fighting a war. 

I've heard it said that, when they send in the marines they send them in to break things, kill things, destroy things. Once its all done and the targets have been dispatched, then the army comes in and rebuilds stuff that the marines broke.

what needs to happen is 1. use a ton of hellfire missles on the poppy fields, 2. drop bunkerbusters everywhere there is a taliban raghead popping up, and make sure to carpet the whole area.  3. once you bomb the * out of them bomb em again to make sure before sending in the troops for cleanup.  4. Lock down every city going from door to door and cleaning out the rats nests in there, bring them to their knees. 

Lastly once you clean out the infestation of terrorists, help the rest that are left to rebuild.  Don't just leave them in the stone age, but rebuild and train and educate them. 

IF we are going to be over there, might as well do it right and get r done. 

Iraq is a success.  Not because obama pulled out, but because we went in took care of business, assisted the people in the region that wanted peace not war, killed the ones who wanted war not peace.  THen we rebuilt the country.

And for those who say we don't need to rebuild them, We have always as a nation, helped rebuild countries that we destroyed in war.  Japan, Germany, both of which were good examples.  The concept of rebuilding is a good one, in that we dont' leave a vaccuum for another hitler like or sadam like leader to take control.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Sarge

the older I get the more I know how little I knew when I knew it all

jarhead

Daine,
When you say ,"live off the tax payers money", you mean kind of like being a teacher, firefighter, etc. ?

Diane Amberg

Ya spelled my name wrong. ;D and yes, of course. Look very carefully at what I said. Public sector people are paid for their work by public money. I'm not taking a swipe at the military,nor would I.
I just spent most of the day  at the fire house ,wasn't paid a penny and didn't expect to be. It was a clean up day, plus the two fires and a serious accident....car ran into and I do mean inside a gas station building. Except that several people were hurt, it would have been funny.There was a huge sign up on the wall that said "open"...that's were the car went in.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk