Personal

Started by Jo McDonald, April 26, 2010, 08:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo McDonald

This is the end of a day that I never wanted to experience.  After all the tests that Fred has had this past two weeks and the results of the biopsy that was preformed last Friday, we were told today that he has advanced cancer in the lung, liver and lymph glands.  It is beyond chemo, radiation or any kind of surgery.  I feel like my heart has been sliced in two.  God has granted us 63 wonderful years together and two beautiful daughters, wonderful loving son-in-laws, 2 handsome grandsons, 1 lovely granddaughter and beautiful granddaughter in laws and 3 great grand children.  Blessings galore and love abounding.  Many, many friends, and now sadness beyond belief.  My love for him knows no end.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Dee Gee

Jo & Fred, Judy & I are so sorry to hear this. Our thoughts and prayers are with you two beautiful people.  If there is anything we do just let us know.

Dale & Judy
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Wilma

I know how you are feeling and can sympathize completely.  When Jim was diagnosed with melanoma, we knew it was a lost cause, but he wanted to try the treatments anyway.  Sometimes I wish he hadn't.  Maybe he would have lived longer.  Even though I knew there wasn't any hope, it took me quite a while to accept it.  The worse part was knowing there was nothing I could do about it.  Jo, all you can do is love him and make the rest of his life as happy as you can.  Make some more good memories to keep with you.  God bless you.  

sixdogsmom

I am so sorry Jo, you are both in my prayers. So sad.  :'(
Edie

Mom70x7

I am soooo sorry! You have my prayers.

larryJ

Jo, I am so sorry to hear about Fred.  My prayers are with you as always. 

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

flo

Jo, there are no words that can be spoken to make you feel "better".  No one can say positively "I know how you feel".  Maybe others, including me, have been through the same thing, but everyone reacts differently when something like this happens to those you love so much.  I have let Teresa know that you, her, Sheri and Fred are in my prayers for Gods comfort to all of you during a very emotional time in your lives.  God Bless You All.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Ole Granny

"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

pamagain

I am very sad to hear this......my prayers are with you all.

Diane Amberg

All I can do is echo those who said everything far better than I ever could. Prayers of comfort continue for all.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk