Roses

Started by Wilma, April 21, 2010, 01:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

I have three pink ones, Queen Elizabeth, Tiffany and Falling in Love; a yellow one, Ch-Ching; three that are shades of cream, Julia Childs, Over the Moon and Brass Band;  one white one, John F. Kennedy and one orange one, Salmon Sunspace.  The orange one is just like fire when the sun hits it.  Then there are the miniature roses:  Cracklin' Fire, orange; Starla, white; Sun Sprinkles, yellow; Gingerbread Man, yellow and Wildfire, orange.

The drainage is fairly good except when it rains 8 inches in two days, then it takes a little longer.  They are loving the humidity, but the blossoms aren't as big as they will be later when it is cooler.

Diane Amberg

With all that rain how are you handling the black spot. I mean the roses,  ;D not you personally.

Wilma

Not good.  It appeared almost overnight.  I have picked off all infected leaves and sprayed with a fungicide.  This morning I can see one leaf that needs to be picked but with the rain we had yesterday afternoon, I couldn't get to the bush.  My wheels just sink into the soft, wet soil.  There wasn't any problem when the wind was blowing good, but lately it has been quiet and sultry and muggy and like a sauna out there.

Diane Amberg

We are having the muggies too. I can't keep up either.

sixdogsmom

Ugh! it is so hot and humid; when I step outside, my glasses immediately fog over. Ewwww---! :P
Edie

Diane Amberg

Why, it's so muggy here my eyes fog over!  ;)

sixdogsmom

Edie

Mom70x7

Then there are those of us who live in a fog all the time!  ;D   :D   ;)

Judy Harder

:)At least I have an excuse. With fibromalgia we get Fibro fog.............and believe me some days
if you handed me a piece of paper with a simple sentence on it and said "read this" I would be
able to read it, but would not get the message. It isn't funny having it. But, I do have to laugh at
myself. This is one form of the confusion I get when the pain is more accute than usual.

Have a good day and God bless
Jude

Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Ms Bear

We had a lot of rain yesterday and I spent the night at friends house in East Texas and went out this morning to take pictures in her yard and the camera lens fogged up.  Sure was nice and cool in the house though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk