Prairie Star Online

Started by patyrn, April 07, 2010, 06:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

We have been included in the test group to preview the new Prairie Star newspaper online for the past few weeks.  We LOVE it and are now able to view it on the day it is mailed out (Wednesday) as opposed to sometimes not receiving it in the mail until the following Tuesday.  Especially for those who are out of town, I would highly recommend this version.  I must admit that I would much rather have a newspaper in my hands while sitting down to relax and read it than staring at a computer screen, BUT the time element makes it more than a worthwhile trade-off for us.

Wilma

I can only say that I usually get mine on Wednesday, Thursday at the latest.  I don't think I could wait two weeks for it.

Bonnie M.

I can tell you that we are also truly enjoying receiving it "on-line."  Isn't it wonderful to get the news "when it happens," rather than having it so much later!  This is going to be a "good thing!"  We appreciate it, that's for sure!
Bonnie

Jo McDonald

Isn't that Taylor Newspaper Family just about the best EVER !!!!!

I love the Prairie Star !   :D :D :D :D :D
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Delbert

I would think that it would hurt the paper's business as some might drop the paper.   I do it with the Wichita Eagle but have no other  choice other than drive 11 miles to get the paper.   I look forward to getting the paper every Thursday.

Roma Jean Turner

I get mine every Monday.  I get to the office right after the mail comes so I can sit and read before I do anything else.  I look forward to to seeing the online version as well.

Rudy Taylor

Lest anybody worry too much about us (and thank you for doing that), our new E-Edition will be a paid product ... $25 per year. It will appeal mostly to out-of-state readers who must wait a week to 10 days to receive their newspapers. And from our perspective, it costs a lot to send out those papers --- the postage is figured by zones, and the farthest zones are quite expensive for us.

So, by sending a complete digital edition for $25 year year, we should be able to recover our costs, and maybe even make a bit more profit.

Meanwhile the reader will get his/her complete newspaper each Wednesday, just as local readers are getting theirs. I haven't read a printed Prairie Star for almost a month ... I love the digital edition.  So far we've sent them to only a test audience (such as Patryn) and response has been excellent.  We'll share more in our April 28 edition.

By the way, this will NOT affect anyone who likes to hold their newspaper in their hands and read it the old fashioned way.

Rudy
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Mom70x7

Can we do both? And get a discount by combining?

I read a lot on-line, but also like holding the paper in my hands for reading later (when electricity is out??  ;). I also cut out columns and send them to people and cut out pictures and put them on bulletin boards.

flo

I will continue to get my "hard" copy of the Prairie Star.  Nice to get something in the mailbox besides bills and junk.  Paper day is looked forward to because I get another cup of coffee and a quiet break will I catch up on the Howard Happenings, latest news from the schools and social events, always read the classifieds, Obits and thank yous, and even the advertisements.  In other words, it gets read from front to back.  Thanks.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Jo McDonald

There is just something about sitting in my rocker - with a cup of hot coffee on the side table and holding the paper and reading it.
  I spend a lot of time ( to much actually ) in front of the computer and having the paper to read, puts me in another room..and that is a good thing.
   I wish you all the success in the world with this added offer to your many satisfied customers. 
  Another thing I can do while reading is:  ~~~~~~eat a piece of chocolate pie. ~~~~ nana nana nana ~~ :angel:
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk