High School Musicians shine

Started by Mom70x7, March 27, 2010, 06:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mom70x7

So today was the Regional Music Contest for high school musicians. We had nine students entered in 11 events.

Zack Carlson got a I for his tuba solo, and a I for his vocal solo.

Michael Berry and Kayla Jacobs also got I's for their vocal solos.

The men's ensemble, consisting of Michael Berry, Zack Carlson and Kevin Love, received a I for their selections. They all qualify now for State Music Contest in April.

The Mixed Chorus and the women's ensemble both got II ratings, as did vocalists Kevin Love, Morgan Boles and Natasha Harper. Jennifer Eldridge received a III rating.

A super job, when nearly half the entries (5 out of 11) qualify for State. Linda Shilts-Baum is the director of this awesome group of musicians. It's the first time in quite a few years we've had someone go to State 3 years in a row, as Zack has. It's his 2nd year in a row as a vocalist. It's also the first time in several years we've taken a group to State.

Janet Harrington

Congratulations, West Elk musicians.

patyrn

Another great day for WEHS talented students!!!!!

Diane Amberg

Roma Jean Turner

Congratulations to all involved.  It's good to know that Elk still has it's music program going strong.

Mom70x7

A big THANKS to the Forum Friends!

Went to school today and Mrs. Shilts-Baum and the kids talked about being congratulated for their accomplishments, wondering "how did people find out?"

So . . . thanks for reading, thanks for spreading the word, and THANKS for mentioning it to those involved!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk