School overstepping their right...........

Started by Teresa, March 26, 2010, 06:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Are you trying to say that there was no certified, qualified teacher assigned to that class at all, and the aide was all there was? That is a whole different thing. Nowhere does the article say that. I thought the problem was when the aide was working with a group that the little boy was in, not that the aide was the only adult ever in touch with the kids in a self contained classroom. That's absolutely not the way it should be. Why would anyone expect her to know the details of daily classroom organization and timing. She should have never been put in that position. Was she acting as a short term substitute? There is something very wrong there! Why was she always there alone?

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on April 05, 2010, 11:07:28 AM
Are you trying to say that there was no certified, qualified teacher assigned to that class at all, and the aide was all there was? That is a whole different thing. Nowhere does the article say that. I thought the problem was when the aide was working with a group that the little boy was in, not that the aide was the only adult ever in touch with the kids in a self contained classroom. That's absolutely not the way it should be. Why would anyone expect her to know the details of daily classroom organization and timing. She should have never been put in that position. Was she acting as a short term substitute? There is something very wrong there! Why was she always there alone?

I kinda gathered that from the article.  look at it, would a teacher in the room put up with the comments made by her assitant???  IF so, the teacher should be fired.  The article said the parents came to the administrator not the teacher.  IF the teacher didn't come to the administrator then she should be fired as well for covering up.

And  yes if you ever go to mississippi or alabama many of the schools don't have qualified teachers its just not discussed.

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk