Arizona May Abolish Concealed-Carry Permits

Started by Warph, March 26, 2010, 11:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

As far as I know they don't take 10 year old boys. ;D

Roma Jean Turner

Actually I have no problem with that at all.

Roma Jean Turner

As far as the ten year olds, it would be nice if we could count on some adults...now we are back into the problem.

Diane Amberg

Warph

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer has signed CCW bill

Citing her belief in the individual rights of her state's citizens, Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer has signed into law the ability for people to carry a concealed weapon without first obtaining a permit.

Brewer, a Republican, signed Senate Bill 1108 into law Friday, allowing people 21 or older to forego background checks and classes that are now required to get a concealed carry permit in that state.

"I believe this legislation not only protects the Second Amendment rights of Arizona citizens, but restores those rights as well," Brewer said in a press release. "I am joined in support of this legislation by both Republican and Democratic members of the Arizona legislature, and I laud the strong number of bipartisan supporters who join with me to defend the rights of our citizens."

The bill was passed in the state Senate on March 29th, 20 to 10. It cleared the House on April 8th, with 36 votes for its passage, 19 against, and 5 no-votes. It headed to the governor on April 12th, four days before she signed it.

Arizona is the third state to grant such a gun right to its people. Vermont and Alaska are the other two.

Rest of story:
http://www.kpsplocal2.com/news/local/story/Arizona-Extends-Gun-Rights-Concealed-Carry-Bill/yw6Gp_b_w0yvUAydPUKjvg.cspx
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

srkruzich

Quote from: jarhead on April 16, 2010, 04:40:06 PM
Roma Jean, Could I recommend a place to train these kids ? It's called MCRD and there's one at San Diego and another at Parris Island !! :)

Dang  you beat me to it, i second the idea. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: Roma Jean Turner on April 17, 2010, 09:42:02 AM
As far as the ten year olds, it would be nice if we could count on some adults...now we are back into the problem.

Welll i am doing my part, got my grandson a .22  for him to learn with.  he's 7 years old.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Roma Jean Turner

Good for you, he will grow up with a respect for it and it's use.

Diane Amberg

May I assume his parents were OK with it? ;) What did you get him?

Jo McDonald

Diane --- he already said what he got him ~~~~~~~~~~~?????
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk