So Much For Spring---

Started by sixdogsmom, March 18, 2010, 09:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

I see that we are under a winter storm watch; five to eight inches of wet snow; danger of building collapses due to the weight of the wet snow. Yuk! And I am wanting to plant flowers and stuff!  :'( :'(
Edie

jerry wagner

That's a shame... it was 16'C today and bright and sunny.

Judy Harder

It is coming, I feel it.........boy do I feel it.

Just accept that we live in Kansas and one of these days it will snow in JULY.
Enjoy what you can of today.

I have walked once today and while it is warmish and sun is out think I will go out again.
I too have spring-fever......but it will wait.
Hang in there................This too shall pass!
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Diane Amberg

Yesterday and today were in the low 70's here and beautiful.....finally. You have snow coming? Good grief!

W. Gray

It has been heavily snowing here since before we arose this morning. Within the past 30 minutes, the snow has turned to sleet.

Visibility is bad but ironically, the streets have not yet been affected because the temperature is in the early 30s and the previous days was in the 60s. Our back yard, though, has deep snow and the mutt loves to play in it.

We get our heaviest snowfalls in March and April.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

sixdogsmom

Still feel like crud today, but had to have some groceries before the storm hits. I went to Sedan, and saw everybody I know from Moline, (almost). After shopping, I stopped for a burger and coffee. By the time I got home, I got sprinkled on as I unloaded groceries. Now I will settle down for a nap before the round of games tonight. They are still saying snow later tonight and throughout the day tomorrow.  :P
Edie

Ms Bear

I am sorry you are having such bad weather there.  It is nice here, sunny but still a little cool.  I will have to get gas for the riding mower tomorrow and start mowing my weeds, I don't think the grass is tall enough to mow yet but the weeds sure are.

Hope your bad weather doesn't last long.

W. Gray

It is still snowing heavy and has begun to accumulate.

The forecast, right now, is for it to end by midnight.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

sixdogsmom

The temp has now dropped from 75 this afternoon to 33 degrees with rain. Waldo, the radar looks like we will start getting snow about the time yours is finished. All the forecasters this evening say we will get up to ten inches by the end of the storm. Yuk, and more yuk!  :-X
Edie

Diane Amberg

We are beautiful here today.The daffy groups are opening and the sun is warm. I'm sorry you are having another storm, but would you not send it here when you are finished with it? Please?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk