Newcomers to Howard

Started by indygal, October 17, 2006, 11:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indygal

Hi, folks!

Well, it's official...we've bought ourselves a church! Now the real fun begins, and we can hardly wait.

It was great finally meeting you, Teresa. After reading so many comments from Janet teasing you about being so "mean," I can now say without hesitation, "Teresa is NOT mean!" LOL In fact, we have yet to meet anyone in Howard who was mean, in any way, shape or form. That's a good thing!

We spent our first night at Harmony, and well, you know how you get an idea in your head about how some future event is going to be? And then the cosmos throws you a curve ball and changes everything up? Well, that's what happened to us this weekend. Terrell started feeling poorly Friday morning (flu symptoms..ugh) and it worsened as the day went on. After we signed the papers, went to Toot's for lunch (yummy food, by the way! ESPECIALLY the bacon we had for breakfast this morning...or at least I had...good call on that, Bowie Boy. But I digress.....)

So.....we ate then drove to our new home, unloaded the car, and walked around the place a bit. We did have time to inflate the air mattress, and good thing, too. Terrell zonked out and proceeded to sleep for about the next 12 hours. He stayed awake long enough to eat breakfast and had himself another nap. OK, so we did spend a little time today taking measurements, discussing possible improvements to the property, etc., and did meet our neighbor to the east of us. I also visited nearly every store on the main drag, and took a lot of teasing from the "old farm boys" at Toot's and Cookson's (which bothers me not one whit...I worked in a tire store many years ago, so I can hold my own with 'em).

With T feeling like death warmed over, we thought it best to head back to Wichita where he can sleep in a real bed and I can do things like laundry, homework and play on the Internet...lol

Anyway, if anyone is still reading this far-too-wordy post, I send you all warm howdies and hope you didn't have to spend too much time outdoors in this wind (which really howls through that empty ol' church, let me tell ya! LOL)

Janet Harrington

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you, but, I'm glad that you don't think Ms. T is mean because at least she has one person fooled. :D ;D :angel: :angel: :angel:

Terrell

Well, so okay, I was a crashing bore this weekend. But The Zombie is proud to report he's on the mend after a weekend of barely qualifying as a sentient life form. I'm certain it was a reaction to a @#)&#/% flu shot.

What I do remember from my sea-less seasick state was punctuated by friendly smiles and howdies from all we hailed throughout our day signing the land-marriage paperwork and putting our names to the fuels and fluids in & out suppliers' rolebooks. Thank you all for your 'welcomes' and helps. We're official. Wahooo! So, okay, this weekend I promise I WILL stay awake at least half the time and make noises other than groans and snorts.  

I won't yak you to snoozeland tonight, but I will add a memade cartoon that sums up my impressions of the explorations of the new digs and LI$T of things we must ado in the tuning process.

Best wishes to all. See you soon.

bowie girl

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk