Howard Lake Construction, 1935

Started by W. Gray, March 01, 2010, 07:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

How are you feeling by now, Waldo?  Hope your recovery is coming along as scheduled.

Karen I.

W. Gray

In a nutshell: I am doing finer than a frog hair split four ways and that is pretty fine. No problems.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

patyrn

Janet Harrington

The Harrison's are the last stop on Limestone.  The road continues, but only into pasture land.

Diane Amberg

Thanks Janet, that works for me. The creek was encroaching on Limestone Road right at the end of Uncle Bill's driveway ,so they took it off of alignment and moved the road closer to his old house which shortened the driveway a bit. There was a Denton Oil Ranch sign right there at one time. It was big and had those reflective glass marbles all around it. I was pretty impressed with that the first time I saw it.  8)

Janet Harrington

I would like to see a picture of that sign.  I'll ask Guy Denton's son if he has one.  Who was your Uncle Bill?

Diane Amberg

Sorry, everybody out there knew him as Billy Denton. Mom insisted we call him Uncle Bill, not sure why. We used to have one (photo) but my sister may have it or it may be gone I'll look too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk