Good things About Elk County

Started by Lookatmeknow!!, March 01, 2010, 08:34:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mom70x7

QuoteI think about going back to Elk Co where there is only one stop light.

We have a stop light?
:D   :D  :D

M.MM

ELK FALLS is the place to be, ain't no people any better than the Friends of Elk Falls! We have a very quaint little town away from the hustle bustle of things these days, and our outhouse tour festival every November is the best time! Yeah, where is that stop light? LOL

Teresa

I can sit on my front porch and not only wave at everyone that drives by..but I know them ..and their mama and daddy and most likely their grandparents..  ;D
My keys are in my little truck and I have no worries that they and my truck will still be in my drive the next morning.
My back door and sometimes my front door is unlocked while I sleep.. no worries...
I can walk by myself day or night and any time at night and never worry about not being safe.
I smile and  greet everyone I meet by their first name and they do the same with me. (and usually give them some kind of verbal trouble)  ;D
I can walk into Julies drug store and grocery store and it comes to more $ than I grabbed.. I take my stuff and tell them I'll be right back with the money.. and they smile and write the amt on a scrap of paper . And I go home and get the money..
A month ago.. a lady I have known all my life said" Here's the couple of bucks Teresa.. I'll catch you later and you can pay me back"..  :)  ( Of which I did when I saw her go into the post office, * she had forgotten about it.. I hadn't*)
There's no zoning rules to tell me what I can do and can't do on my own property..
I can carry a rifle in my truck.. and no one thinks anything about it.
Its quiet and peaceful after 6:00 at night...
I can open all my windows in the spring while I sleep and not worry about the noise or pollution in the air.
I can drive just a hop skip and a jump and go fishing or hunting... anytime I want to.

I could go on and on and on....  :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Judy Harder

I think about going back to Elk Co where there is only one stop light.

We have a stop light?

I saw that too, signs maybe and when West Elk is in session doesn't the light on the highway work?

I sure have been enjoying this thread. Keep up the good work.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Mom70x7

Quotedoesn't the light on the highway work

You're right, it does. I guess school zone lights are stop-lights.!
;)

Lookatmeknow!!

Such great comments!!  I have to agree, love the positive.  I love Elk County!!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

jarhead

Guess what I like about Elk County differs from most folks. I like it because we have old hand dug wells all over the place. Wells in the timber---wells where an old homestead was----wells in pastures. One more year of fishing with Sarge listening to him brag about being the best harmonica player---he caught the biggest fish---he caught the most fish---he trapped more coons than me---and on & on & on !!!! It never ends. Every man has a breaking point and---lets just say I love having all these old wells  around !!!!

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Roma Jean Turner

:D  I must have dreamed up the one stoplight.  No stoplights is even better.

debid

I love it here because I feel like I can trust people.     My wonderful friend Connie has lived around here for a long time and she told me I could trust people here.   These are REAL people here, who are learning to trust me as well.  I came here to try to make a business of my own in a town where I could feel safe.  Many people have adopted me, and look out for me.   I cannot tell how great it makes me feel to know that there are still people like ya'll around.    I feel great about doing something I enjoy while working hard and putting out a good product.   

Because of the hours I keep I do not get out and do a lot especially when it is cold.    I am kind of a hermit in the wintertime.  I do not like the winter at all.   I am looking forward to the spring and summer to really enjoy all the town/county has to offer.   I have a little RV and look forward to little mini vacations at the area lakes many weekends.

I have to say I really like the people here. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk