The Cenus is Getting Personal

Started by frawin, February 24, 2010, 09:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatguns

As will I, just like I did 10 years ago.

Catwoman

Varmit

Submit what information you want.  As for me, I will hold the Census Bureau to the standards and limitiations set forth in the United States Constitution.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Wilma

Which doesn't cover what the country needs to know today.

Varmit

It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Since you are too stubborn to listen,why would anybody waste their time telling you? Most of us live in more populated areas where being able to predict school needs. nursing homes needed, sewer and water needs, etc. means something. We are planning at least 10 years out to be able to have what people think they will need. Adding these questions onto the census is a much cheaper way of getting the information. Most of us don't live right off the end of our noses.

mayflower

Varmit

Quote from: Diane Amberg on February 25, 2010, 11:36:25 AM
Since you are too stubborn to listen,why would anybody waste their time telling you? Most of us live in more populated areas where being able to predict school needs. nursing homes needed, sewer and water needs, etc. means something. We are planning at least 10 years out to be able to have what people think they will need. Adding these questions onto the census is a much cheaper way of getting the information. Most of us don't live right off the end of our noses.

The examples you cited should be provided for by the local communities and state, not the federal gov't, or did you happen to miss that part of the Constitution?  Where do you get off implying that those issues don't mean anything here? 

Diane Amberg

It's much cheaper to run the questions out ONCE. Since the Fed has to do the census it anyway, it just makes more sense to me. Nobody said the issues I mentioned weren't important out there. Of course they are, that's the whole point. The information is collected once by one sole source and the resident doesn't have to be bothered multiple times. 

Varmit

Only being collected once?  Cheaper to collect the information by one source?  resident doesn't have to be bothered multiple times? 

You might want to do a little checking on those.

As of 2010 the "long form Cenus" is being replaced by the American Community Survey (ACS). From the Population Reference Bureau"The ACS is a nationwide, continuous survey designed to provide reliable and timely demographic, housing, social, and economic data every year. The ACS will replace the long form in 2010 and thereafter by collecting long-form-type information throughout the decade rather than only once every 10 years." 

Every year?...thats funny, the Constitution only allows for the info. to be collected once every 10 years. 

According to Commerce Department Inspector General Todd Zinser, the estimated cost of the census is 14.7 Billion dollars.  And thats just an estimate.  Hell, they went 88 million over budget just while confirming addresses. 

One source...the constitution allows for "enumeration", a count of the population.  Since the Legal population is issued a Social Security Number, why not just get a hold of someone at the SSA and get a count?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk