Obama is gonna ram through healthcare attached to a budget bill

Started by Teresa, February 22, 2010, 02:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/02/19/obama-keeps-democratic-health-option-open/

QuoteThe president reportedly is working on health care legislation intended to reconcile differences between House and Senate Democrats that could be attached to a budget bill and pass with only 51 Senate votes.

The president's proposal, which is still being written, will be posted on the Internet by Monday morning, senior administration officials and Congressional aides told the New York Times.

By piggybacking the legislation onto a budget bill, Democrats would be able to advance the bill with a simple majority of just 51 votes, averting a Republican filibuster in the Senate.

The White House signaled Thursday that an aggressive, all-Democratic strategy for overhauling the nation's health system remains a serious option, even as Obama invites Republicans to next week's televised summit to seek possible compromises.

"It will be a reconciliation bill," the Times quoted a Democratic aide as saying. "If Republicans don't come with any substantial offers, this is what we would do."

This video is from January 28, 2010:

Anybody who has been paying attention for the past few months had to know that the Imposter-In-Chief had some strategy up his sleeve to ram this down the throats of ....."we the people". 

What absolutely amazes me is the arrogance of this administration and Congress. They KNOW the American people are opposed to this bill. They know we don't want it..and yet.. they insist on ignoring the masses of people in the United States..and are going to try to pass it procedurally...
Bastards.>:(
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Teresa

This dried up old raisin should be kicked out of there and put to work doing what she is qualified to do..
Emptying the wastebaskets in a Diarrhea Ward. >:(
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

srkruzich

Oh i pray, pray that these lowlifes do not survive the revenge of the voters in november.  These arrogant SOB's. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

jarhead

I do beleive all those hours behind closed doors with Harry Reid are taking a toll of San Fran Nan. The old hide is looking kinda rough.

srkruzich

Quote from: jarhead on February 23, 2010, 02:58:32 PM
I do beleive all those hours behind closed doors with Harry Reid are taking a toll of San Fran Nan. The old hide is looking kinda rough.
Awwe ain't that sweet.  reminds ya of bill and monica doesn't it.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

jarhead

Nope Steve. Rumor has it that Pelosi doesn't like cigars ---unless it's a Cuban !!!

frawin

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to enlarge this, I will have to work on it and repost.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk