Just a note.

Started by Teresa, November 25, 2004, 02:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

I need to say something here to everyone. :)
I know that a few of us like to banter and rib each other all the time, here on the forum. And we have so much fun doing it. But I am sure that the newcomers and a whole lot of everyone else, including myself, really enjoy the actual topics and happenings that are going on.
I know I love old pictures and stories that are posted about the old days of long ago. But unless everyone chips in and contributes odds and ends of either news items or stories that have been told to them over the passings of time, or pictures etc... We will dwindle to only daily chattering. :(
I love that part too, but several have commented here on the forum that they enjoy coming in because they do not live here anymore and like to "connect" again. Which means being in Howard without actually being here.( ??? Ahhhh did that make sense ???)
So, to try to make a long story short. :-X..(which I can not do, because I am as windy as they come :-[ )
I will try to do some research a few times a week and see what pictures or stories that I can find and share them with you. If the rest of you could help out , and do the same from time to time , it would be great.  ;D
We have a lot of guests that drop in every day to check things out, and read what others have written.. and that is wonderful and I am glad that they do...
But if you like to come in.. why not register, so you can also take advantage of voting on the poll, and being able to post comments or opinions?
I want to say Thanks to all those who help in keeping this forum alive and fun to be in. I really appreciate it. :)
Teresa
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Teresa

I haven't done too well on this "intention" of mine have I? :-[
I am sorry. With Kjell and I getting ready to jump headlong into this new business with the Outdoor Channel and also Halloway's Mercantile, I have not had time to  hardly even post on the forum.. let alone find pictures etc... ( Have I whined myself into forgiveness yet?) LOL
I still have good intentions on doing this though... Just don't know when...But I will TRY
If anyone has any old  pictures that they want posted and doesn't know how to put them in ... send them to us and we will do it for you.

DanCookson

Just some pictures of some old west outlaws, for those who like the old west and the folklure that surrounds that time period.  I have tons of these pictures that I have found over time.  This is one of my hobbies and interests, so I have most all the famous and infamous pictures.  I will post a few famous ones, and if anyone wants more or has any requests; well, I'll do my best.

1.)  Wyatt Earp---Famous lawman in Kansas.
2.)  Doc Holiday---Famous Outlaw, gambler, dentist.  Most famous for his role in the shootout at the O.K. Corral with the Earp brothers
3.)  Jesse James--Famous Outlaw from Missouri.
4.)  Butch Cassidy-Famous for Robbing stagecoaches with partner.(to be seen later!)

Janet Harrington

So, Snakehater, were you bored today?  Those are excellent photos.  thanks for sharing them with us.

Teresa

LOVE the photo's... and I also got the low down bonus of the history lesson tonight...that goes with them. :)
Between him and the Marshal, and both of them being old west buffs, I get the scoop on all the old time greats.
Thanks Snakehater.

NATCH

Worst pictures i've ever seen.
All blury and not even in color!!!!!!!!!!!

(Just kidding BUD, I like them)

DanCookson

Just like the picture of your goat.  So far away I can't see the color of his eyes.

NATCH

AND HIS HAIR WAS PERFECT!!!!        ::)             (NOOK)

Jo McDonald

Nice pictures, Snakehater (gosh that sounds strange - coming from me)     Your Grandpa is on the same track as you and the Marshall.
  I enjoy the forum!!!
Nice to see things from Natch also!!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Jo McDonald

I am going to take it upon myself to start a new topic that is an offshoot of this one, because I think that there are a lot of old pictures and stories that could be told.
(Especially by me :D)
You can find the story at:
http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php?topic=142.0

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk