It has finally begun

Started by sixdogsmom, January 29, 2010, 01:50:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

It has finally begun to snow, and it is really coming down! I should be past the time on my way to bed, but one of the Alien pics is on, and I couldn't resist. Spent all day doing things that involved going outdoors-- kitty box is clean, chicken for the dogs is cooked, all the dry food dishes are filled. I even brought up my box of seed starting supplies from the cellar this afternoon. I have some Pansy seed to get going, they will be the first to go out. Then some gamble garden marigolds as I have lots of seed harvested from last summer. I plan to start two different crops. Went shopping yesterday, and stocked up on cat food, dog food, bread, milk, junk food and toilet paper. I always try to have an emergency 12 pack in reserve. You never know, do you? My old dog who is afraid of rain storms, is beginning to settle down, so I know there must not be any ice now. But I can see it is really snowing against the streetlights. Everybody stay safe and warm!
Edie

Wilma

OMG, SDM, you stay up later than I do.  I watched the Suns play till midnight, then there was Cheers that just had to be watched.  I couldn't see that there was any snow coming down at that time.

Diane Amberg

We may get some of your storm tomorrow, but I think it may go just south of us and hit lower Delaware and VA. Stay snug you all and enjoy the beauty of it if you can.

patyrn

We had ice and sleet yesterday making the roads pretty treacherous and shutting down schools in the entire OKC area.  Last night it was pretty calm, but this morning it is snowing right down.  Very pretty, and a better cushion for traveling around than that blasted ice.  Many outlying areas had power outages caused by heavy ice on the lines as well as falling ice-covered limbs.  We have been so fortunate to retain  electricity in our immediate neighborhood.  A day at home around the fireplace with a good cup of hot chocolate awaits!!!!

Wilma

Looks like about 6 inches and still snowing, though not as heavy as it was.  I have put feed in the window feeder 3 times today.  The birds are really busy.

kshillbillys

;D  Diane, the BEAUTY of it? Seriously? That's just wrong! Anytime a person has to walk 12-16 miles in it after driving on it for 30 miles there is NO Beauty! I am completely sick of Mother Nature, Old Man Winter AND Jack Frost! LOL  :D

MRS. Hillbilly
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Diane Amberg

Yours is a special case. Sorry about that. :'(

greatguns

The beauty is that Mrs. Hillbilly has a job.

Jo McDonald

Her Mother is very ill --- that sort of takes the beauty out of a lot of things.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

greatguns

I'm very sorry to hear that.  I'll keep them in my prayers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk