New Elective for Washington

Started by Jo McDonald, January 09, 2010, 05:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo McDonald

1.  Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart every hour of every day.

2.  This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!

3.  Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.

4.  Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.

5.  Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest private Employer, and most speak English.

6.  Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the World.

7.  Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger & Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only 15 years.

8.  During this same period, 31 Supermarket Chains sought bankruptcy.

9.  Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.

10.  Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 Years ago.

11.  This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur At a Wal-Mart store. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)

12.  90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart.

You may think that I am complaining, but I am really  laying the ground work for suggesting that MAYBE We should elect the guys who run Wal-Mart  to fix the economy because the idiots in Washington sure can't do it!

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

srkruzich

Ok its bugging me.  What is a electrolet!  I know what a Electret is, it is a dielectric material that has a quasi-permanent electric charge or dipole. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Jo McDonald

Hell, I don't know ------- should have posted elective............................sorry 'bout that

pepelect

Haven't you figured out that W's business model of buying cheapest at all cost has killed American manufacturing, retail, and job opportunities?  Unless your career goal is less than full time with lots of stock option.

Shouldn't we have a higher standard than that?   It is the cheap first quality second and who cares about where it came from that has us in the giant trade shortfall with China.

You are suggesting that we need to elect the Waltons theory of 1% margin for the company to run the entire country?

srkruzich

Quote from: Jo McDonald on January 09, 2010, 08:00:12 PM
Hell, I don't know ------- should have posted elective............................sorry 'bout that

ROTFL you had me searching dictionaries to find out what that word was.... LOL

srkruzich

Quote from: ADP on January 09, 2010, 08:37:05 PM
Haven't you figured out that W's business model of buying cheapest at all cost has killed American manufacturing, retail, and job opportunities?  Unless your career goal is less than full time with lots of stock option.

Shouldn't we have a higher standard than that?   It is the cheap first quality second and who cares about where it came from that has us in the giant trade shortfall with China.

You are suggesting that we need to elect the Waltons theory of 1% margin for the company to run the entire country?
Sorry but manufacturing was going out long before Bush came into office.  It wasn't politics that killed it. it was a dying industry in the 70's.  We went from a manufacturing era to a information era.  The same thing happened in the agricultural society when the industrial society rose in the early 1900's.  It's how things go.   

Now the Services industry is growing along with information industry and they will be the two main employment areas.  Manufacturing has gone to the cottage industry and folks that get into it make pretty good income. 

But you should have known that since your in the service industry. :)

Jo McDonald

For Gosh Sake Patrick -- lighten up---don't you ever see any humor in anything?

redcliffsw

Diane Amberg

I thought the W stood for Walmart,not George W. ;D

srkruzich

Quote from: redcliffsw on January 09, 2010, 09:51:48 PM
The myth about U.S. manufacturing
-Dr. Walter Williams

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=121034

Good article and so true. I remember when factory workers were screaming about computerized robots that could do the job efficiently and better than the laborers.  Most of your welding in automotive is done by robotics with a operator handling a whole line.
This has produced lighter stronger vehicles. 
Same thing in many other areas.  I grew up with cotton mills all around me, and textile mills.  The workers pretty much lived short lives due to health problems from the cotton fibers and dust in the factories. Now the textile mills did die off.  Their done by other countries. but we do produce end products from the milled cotton and material that is brought back.
And if your eating apples in the spring, that is because apples are being brought in from south america.  if we didn't have that happening we wouldn't have apples for half the year.

Now you can buy a lot of US produced items. One such thing is powertools. Most powertools are brought in from overseas and their cheap.  But if you go looking you can find a good one that is made here.
several companies use Emerson electric motors in their powertools.  I know that Rigid tablesaws use Century 5hp motors manufactured in Chicago.

Then you have all the mom and pop businesses that manufacture anything from furniture to the fellow down the road from me that manufactures grain hoppers.  So manufacturing isn't dead. It just went down a different more efficient path. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk