Prayer Request

Started by Roma Jean Turner, January 07, 2010, 03:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roma Jean Turner

Please pray for safe travel tomorrow for Bev Leffingwell, who is flying out of Wichita early in the morning to get our older cousin, Marion Turner Johnson and fly her back to Wichita all in one day.  Marion grew up in Moline.  Her father Laurence Turner was the county Attorney many years ago.  Anyway Marion has been in a nursing home in Pennsylvania for 5 years with no family left there, so God Bless Bev for taking the initiative to get her back to Kansas and into a home in Wichita.  Although I have talked to her on the phone the last two years, I haven't seen her since my fathers funeral in 1970.

patyrn

I hope the weather conditions are conducive to travel on both ends of the journey.  Our thoughts will be with Bev as she puts in a full day, with hopes for a good trip for Marion, also.

Diane Amberg

Might I ask where in PA? Is she flying into Philly? We may have a short period of light snow late tonight and into tomorrow morning ,but not a large amount to cause any problems. My thoughts will be with you all.

Roma Jean Turner

The nursing home in Bloomsburg is taking Marion to the Harrisburg airport and Bev will fly in and out of there.  I am so hoping they can come straight home and not get stuck anywhere.  Marion will be in a wheelchair as she can walk some but is frail and can't do stairs.  Thanks for the prayers everyone.

Diane Amberg

Harrisburg is about an hour and a half northwest of us. I just checked their weather and they are getting light snow now, same system we will get later tonight. Not much moisture in it, so will produce around 3''or so, which is nothing for that area. All should be well for them on this end.

jarhead

Roma Jean, I wish I'd known your Cousin was in Bloomsburg, Pa. Bloomsburg is where "Scar" my Lt. from Nam lives. If your  cousin needed carried up some stairs, ol Scar could have done it. He "almost" had to carry me up a few mountains---I said "almost " :)
I wish your cousin a safe trip.

Ole Granny

I remember Marion coming into the cafe with her dad.  She always seemed quiet and reserved (unlike me).  How very thoughtful of Bev to bring her back to Kansas.  John would be pleased he has such a thoughtful daughter.  Laurence would be happy also.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Roma Jean Turner

Ole Granny, I will pass that on to Bev, it will mean the world to her.  David Brace told me about Bev.  I did not know anything about Marion's mothers family.  I contacted Bev 3/4 years ago when I was in Wichita and we became instant friends.  In fact we call each other 'cousins' and have considered ourselves family through Marion.  We are all looking forward to sitting down together at last.  Marion was always very quiet and extremely shy.  Not like me either.

Diane Amberg

Hope all went well today.

Roma Jean Turner

Talked to Bev a while ago and she was on her way to the nursing home in Wichita, (Medicalodge),  to see Marion.  They flew back yesterday with no problem.  Thanks for the prayers and concern.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk