Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

July 28

Our True Enemy

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." - Ephesians 6:12

So many times we have a falling out with someone, and we want to argue with that person rather than attacking the devil that caused the ruckus in the first place. Would to God that we would have the insight to see that our battle is not with flesh and blood even in a global sense, but our battle is with Satan. If we don't see that, we are going to lose the war.

Now, I'm not saying that our nation shouldn't be prepared and ready, but we cannot shoot down an idea with a bullet. The only thing that will kill an idea or philosophy is a better idea—the saving Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Take this truth with you today:

Martin Luther wrote, "And though this world, with devils filled, should threaten to undo us, we will not fear, for God hath willed His truth to triumph through us. The prince of darkness grim, we tremble not for him; His rage we can endure, for lo, his doom is sure. One little word shall fell him."

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

July 29

Who Is a Backslider?

"And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." - Deuteronomy 6:5

I want you to reminisce about your spiritual journey for a moment. Recall the early days, when you were first learning about God. Remember the time you first understood how to pray. Now, let me ask you: Was there ever a time in your life when you loved the Lord Jesus more than you do at this moment? If there is, you are a backslider.

Friend, if you don't love Jesus now with a burning, glowing enthusiasm, you need to remember what it used to be like and return to your first love. Don't get the idea that the love bug hit you and you can fall in and out of love with Jesus. You choose to love Jesus—every day and every way.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

July 30

Obedience Brings Blessing

"Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you." - Jeremiah 7:23

In 2 Kings 5:10, we read that God chose to heal Naaman, who was a leper, in a very unique way. God told Elisha to tell Naaman to wash seven times in the Jordan and he would be healed.

Why seven times? Why not eight or five times? Because the number seven is the number of perfection in the Bible. One is the number of unity. Two is the number of witness. Three is the number of deity. Four is the earth number. Six is the number of man.

When God told Naaman to dip seven times, He was saying, "If you want Me to bless you, not only must you obey, you must obey perfectly."

If you want God's blessing upon your life, you cannot just obey in part, you must obey perfectly. What wife wants a husband who is 85 percent faithful to her?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

July 31

You Can Be Forgiven and Restored

"If Thou, Lord, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand? But there is forgiveness with Thee, that Thou mayest be feared." - Psalm 130:3-4

Samson, the mighty man of the Old Testament, learned three things about sin that I want to share with you today.

First, sin will take you further than you want to go.
Second, sin will keep you longer than you want to stay.
Third, sin will cost you more than you want to pay.
Never has there been a greater failure than Samson. But in his remorse he began to think about the great God who loved him. And he thought of the fact that God is always willing to forgive. No matter how bad sin is, God is greater than our sin.

Are you in sin right now? Do you want forgiveness? All you have to do is repent, which means that you turn from your way of sin and ask for God's forgiveness. You can be reconciled to God today. Why not do it right now?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

August 1

The Gnat vs. the Bee

"But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed." - James 1:25

James 1:23-24 paints a picture of a man in a hurry. He has a lot on his mind. He takes a casual glance at himself and rushes on. If the Bible is like a mirror, then this man is simply getting a glimpse into the Word and not really applying it to his life.

Most Christians I know today are this kind of Bible student. They are like a gnat bouncing here and there instead of being like a bee and diving in and staying long enough to extract the sweetness.

Contrastingly, the man in verse 25 gazes into the Word. This is someone who delights in God's Word, who applies God's Word, who cherishes God's Word.

Are you like that? Or do you take a passing glance at God's Word and move on to the next thing on your TO DO list?

Which sounds more like you...the passing glance or the careful gaze?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

August 2

It's Time to Get Serious

"But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." - 2 Corinthians 3:18

We are changed from glory to glory by the power of the Holy Spirit. That doesn't mean it happens overnight. But one step at a time.

Today you ought to have a little more glory than yesterday. Today you ought to be a little bit more like Jesus than you were yesterday. And tomorrow, you ought to be even more like Jesus. Are you becoming like Jesus? Not if you're not in the Word.Don't you think it's time for this generation to get serious about the Word of God?

Set aside a time and a place to get alone with Him every day and pray, "Open Thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of Thy law" (Psalm 119:18).

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

August 3

Prayer Lets the Arrow Fly!

"And the Lord shall help them, and deliver them: He shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in Him." - Psalm 37:40

In Old Testament days, when a tribe commenced war, they would sometimes hurl a spear into enemy territory. It made no difference whether the enemy was there or not. It really wasn't for the enemy to see. It was an attitude of faith that was a declaration of war. Some would call it a throwing down of the gauntlet.

You may be reading this, wanting the victory in something today, and yet you haven't let your arrow of faith fly into the enemy's territory. Faith that acts will bring the enemy to his knees.

We don't fight our enemy with actual bows and arrows, instead we fight him with the weapons of prayer and the Word. When we pray, we face the foe. By letting the arrow of prayer fly, God moves in, and our prayer becomes the Lord's deliverance. God does business with those who mean business.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

August 4

Who Will You Be?

"And He said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake, Who shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting." - Luke 18:29-30

God has given you abilities and God wants you to take those abilities and invest them in Him. Friend, it is a sin for you to be less than what God called you to be.

Sure, you may not be the next Einstein, Babe Ruth, Betty Crocker, or Billy Graham. But that's not the point. The danger is that you will not do what you can do.

There are three people inside you...who you are right now, who you could be for evil if you allowed the devil to get a hold of you, and who you could be for God. I pray you will let go of this world with both hands and give your all to God for Him to use you.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

August 5

Trusting God with Your Reputation

"But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all Thy works." - Psalm 73:28

We can be so protective of our reputations, can't we? I know of preachers who have lost their children because they were more concerned about what people thought than what God taught.

Maybe some of you are raising teenagers, and they dress in a way that isn't your style. Maybe your church friends are saying some unpleasant things. Let them criticize! God knows your heart. Those children are yours, not theirs. You need to love them with everything that God gives you. Stand by their side.

Never sacrifice your son or daughter on the altar of your reputation. Trust your children to the Lord. Ask God to give you His wisdom so you can see how He is fulfilling His promise of Romans 8:28 in every situation.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

August 6

Do You Need Help Finding Your Seat?

"And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus." - Ephesians 2:6

Why is the empty tomb so glorious? Because it signifies more than just the fact that God raised Jesus from the dead. He raised you, too, to walk "in newness of life" (see Romans 6:4). I have come out of that grave. I have ascended. You have, too, if you are saved.

Where is Christ today? Seated in the heavenlies. Where are you seated? In the same place. You don't have to die to go to heaven. In Christ, you are seated in the heavenlies right now.

We encourage our brothers and sisters by telling them to keep looking up when we should be saying, "Keep looking down!" You're already seated in the heavenlies, so you can look down on your problems. You, dear friend, have a brand new life!

Take a moment and ask God to give you a brand new life or thank Him for the one He has already given you.

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk