Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

July 8

A True Heart of Forgiveness

"For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." - Matthew 6:14-15

A father came home one day and walked in on his two children who were in the midst of a fight. When the little girl looked up, she knew she was in trouble. Right away, she turned on some crocodile tears, came over to her daddy and said, "Daddy, I'm so sorry. We shouldn't have been fighting. Forgive me. I love you Daddy."

She was in her daddy's arms and he was thinking, "She really has a good spirit about this." But then he looked out the corner of his eye and she was sticking her tongue out at her little brother. Her father said, "You can't hug my neck and stick your tongue out at the same time."

Do you have that kind of heart today? You're playing a game with God and holding a grudge against somebody. Do you think God receives your worship?

Friend, it's time to get it right. Your unforgiving spirit is going to do more damage to you than it will ever do to the person you refuse to forgive.

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

July 9

Redeemed for an Abundant Life

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot." - 1 Peter 1:18-19

Emancipation. What picture does that word bring to mind? Many think about slaves. But did you know that the cross of Jesus Christ has emancipated every believer?

In 1 Peter 1:18, the word "redeemed" is the same word used to emancipate a slave. Jesus Christ has redeemed you and set you free from your "vain conversation." That means "empty living"—drawing your breath, drawing your salary—not getting serious about this thing called the Christian life.

Oh friend, it's time for you to take hold of the exciting life to which God has called you, and the abundant life for which Jesus died to give you. It is a thrill to serve the One who has redeemed us with the silver of His tears and the gold of His blood.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

July 10

It's Half Past Late

"Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin." - Romans 6:6

The word "sober" has become a one-definition word these days—to be free from alcohol. But in Bible times, the word "sober" meant to be serious-minded about the things of God.

It's half past late and Satan knows it. Now you need to know it, too. Do you think that the closer we get to Christ's return, Satan is just going to roll over and play dead? Absolutely not.

Revelation 12:12 says that Satan is going to come in "great wrath" because he knows there is but little time left. You are going to see all of the artillery of hell let loose upon the believer as Christ readies for His return.

It's time to wake up, time is passing; look up, Jesus is coming; and sober up, Satan is working.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

July 11

What If It Were Today?

"Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy." - 1 Peter 1:16

Why would you and I choose to live a holy life? One reason is that we anticipate His second coming. When we are looking for Christ's return at any moment, we desire to be clean, holy in preparation of seeing Him.

For example, if you knew that Jesus was coming this afternoon, do you think you'd get right in your life? Would there be somebody with whom you've had a falling out and want to make amends? Would there be some sins for which you need to repent?

None of us know when Christ will return. Seize the day—keep short accounts—forgive and ask for forgiveness. Be ready to meet Jesus at any time.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

July 12

The Treasure Waiting to Be Opened

"I rejoice at Thy word, as one that finds great spoil." - Psalm 119:162

Have you ever found a dollar bill on the sidewalk? Did you leave it there? You probably picked it up, maybe asked people around you if it was theirs, and if it wasn't, maybe you rejoiced a little, hmm?

Now, what happens with your Bible? You see it sitting on your desk and say, "Oh, the Bible is a wonderful book filled with good things for my life." But what good is it going to do to just say nice things about the Bible? A dime and a gold Krugerrand are both of the same value when they are corroding on the ocean floor.

The promises in God's Word are of no value, unless you dig down deep and appropriate them into your life.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

July 13

Regaining Far More than You Lost

"Who hath saved us, and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began." - 2 Timothy 1:9

You will only know the glory and honor that God has prepared for you when you know Jesus as your personal Savior and Lord. Man was crowned with glory, charged with guilt, but can be changed by grace.

When you are saved, God doesn't just put you back like you were before you were lost. You have gained far more in Jesus than you ever lost in Adam (your old nature). Adam was only innocent. You are positively righteous. Adam could lose his relationship. You can never lose your relationship with God.

Angels do not even comprehend the joy of a sinner saved by grace. And the best is yet to be. Praise Him today that you are not just regaining what was lost but what you could never have achieved!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

July 14

The Work is Finished!

"When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, He said, 'It is finished:' and He bowed his head, and gave up the ghost." - John 19:30

In the Old Testament, the priest would enter the temple to minister, burn incense, offer prayer and sacrifices. But there was one piece of furniture that was not in the Holy of Holies, and that was a chair for the priest to sit upon. Why? Because his work was never finished.

But when Jesus bowed His head upon that cross and cried out, "It is finished!" He was finished, and He sat down at the right hand of God, the Father. The first words that are recorded that Jesus said were: "I must be about My Father's business." And His last words were: "It is finished." He stayed until He finished His Father's work.

Nothing that you can do will add one measure to His completed work. It is finished! Hallelujah!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

July 15

Completing Your Course—Finishing Well

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God." -  Acts 20:24

Have you ever seen a triathlon? I saw the finish of an Ironman competition on television, which involved 2.4 miles of swimming, 112 miles of biking, and 26.2 miles of running.

There was a young lady leading the pack, but suddenly within just a few feet of the finish line, she fell. Her legs were like noodles. She tried to get up and walk, but fell again. I wept as I watched her end the race in agony. She literally clawed her way to the finish line and sadly did not finish first.

If these men and women put themselves through this grueling race for a corruptible crown, God forbid that we should be any less the strong, spiritual athletes to which God is calling us. We're dealing with life and death, heaven and hell, and the glory of God! Determine today that you will run the race and finish well.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

July 16

Can You Share What God Has Done for You?

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen." - Matthew 28:19-20

Have you ever shared the story of how God saved you with someone else? Some people are afraid of doing that because they are afraid they wouldn't know what to say. Or they are afraid that someone will ask a question they cannot answer. Do you ever feel that way?

I believe it is okay for you to say "I don't know." It's not a sin to be ignorant. It's a sin to be willing to stay that way, though.

God has called you to be His witness. Do you know what a Christian is? A witness—someone who has seen, heard, or experienced Jesus Christ—nothing more, nothing less.

Jesus did not call us to be lawyers to argue a case. He called us as His witnesses. Will you be His witness today?
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

July 17

We Do Have His Presence

"For we walk by faith, not by sight." - 2 Corinthians 5:7

In John chapter four, we read the story of a nobleman whose son was gravely ill. And yet Jesus chose not to go to the son to heal him. Other times, Jesus went to lay His hands on the sick and they recovered. Why didn't He do that this time? I think for my sake and your sake He did not go.

There are so many of us who think if only we have the physical presence of Jesus, then we will have the blessings of Jesus. We say to ourselves, "If only I lived back then." Or, "Won't it be wonderful when Jesus returns."

We don't have to live in the past or in the future; we have His Word today. And it's just as real and powerful as if He were here in the flesh. Distance makes no difference.

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk