Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

March 28

God's Providence

"Wait on the Lord, and keep His way, and He shall exalt thee to inherit the land." Psalm 37:34

We talk about providence, but what is providence?

Providence means to see ahead of time and to make provision. This is what God does. He sees events before they ever get here and moves everything toward the goal that He has in mind.

Now there is a lot of evil in the world, so don't get the idea that everything that happens is God's will. Rape is not God's will. Murder is not God's will. Racial hatred is not God's will. Adultery is not God's will. Sodomy is not God's will.

Man has a will and man has an evil heart. And in God's grand design, He gave man a free will. Even when man does evil, where God does not rule, God overrules.

Read Psalm 37. Find a brother or sister in the Lord and discuss the presence of evil in this world and the providence of God in the lives of His children.

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

March 29

Intimately Known By God

". . . the very hairs of your head are all numbered." Matthew 10:30

The Lord sees you. He knows all about you. And I guarantee you on the authority of the Word of God that He loves you.

This is amazing when you realize that we are just specks on a globe that's about the size of a grain of sand or less compared to the size of the universe. There's no more reason that the Lord of glory should be interested in us than that we should be interested in an ant floating on a piece of cheesecake in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

And yet our Lord looks down and He sees us as cherished individuals that He loves, one by one. The great God Who runs the universe is concerned about you as though that were His only goal.

When was the last time you counted the hairs on your head? Can you trust a God who has them numbered?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

March 30

Virtual Reality

"We are buried with Him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life." Romans 6:4

I was in an airport one day looking for something to pass the time when I saw a virtual reality motorcycle ride. I sat down and buckled my seat belt as instructed. The screen came on and I couldn't believe it. I felt like I was riding a motorcycle, but I was just sitting in a room!

Sometimes our minds tell us something is true when it's not true. Other times when something is true, we fail to believe that it is true. How critical it is for us to focus on the truth!

Jesus died for you. 
He lives for you. 
You died with Him. 
You live for Him.
Day by day, you need to take those facts and turn them into faith.

Tell yourself this truth today. Write it down. Post it all around you!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

March 31

Reluctance Toward a Quiet Time

"If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me." Psalm 66:18

Do you know what a quiet time is? It is fellowship with a holy God.

The reason some folks don't have a quiet time is that they feel uncomfortable. The reason they feel uncomfortable is that they don't want to look God in the face. The reason they don't want to look God in the face is because they have sin in their lives.

What did Adam do after he had sinned and God came walking in the Garden? Adam fled. Before that, Adam had that quiet time with God, didn't he? They had boundless, unending fellowship. But when there was sin in Adam's life, he did not want to look God in the face.

Are you reluctant to have a quiet time? Maybe it's because there is sin in your life. Ask God to shine His light into you. Then wait for His answer so you can repent.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

April 1

The Only One Who Ever Chose to Die

"I am the Good Shepherd: the Good Shepherd giveth His life for the sheep." John 10:11

Did you know that there has only been one person who ever chose to die? Only one.

"Oh," you say, "Suicide pilots choose to die. Other people choose to die. People who die by their own hand choose to die. People who give themselves for others choose to die."

But really no one has ever chosen to die except Jesus. Why? Because He was the only One who didn't have to die. Some people may choose to die a little sooner, but nobody has ever truly chosen to die except for One—Jesus.

It wasn't nails that held Him to the tree. It was the silver cords of love and the golden bonds of redemption that held Jesus Christ to that cross.

The fact that no one has ever chosen to die but Jesus, may be a new concept to you. If so, it's probably new to someone else as well. Share it with someone today!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

April 2

Peace through the Blood of His Cross

"... having made peace through the blood of His cross." Colossians 1:20

How can a cross bring peace if Jesus is the One hanging there?

At the cross, wickedness was not appeased. Wickedness was confronted.

At the cross, sin was not overlooked. Sin was atoned and paid for.

God's greatest righteousness confronted man's greatest wickedness, and righteousness won. Peace was attained through the blood of the cross.

Thank God for the cross! Thank God for Jesus!

During this time of year, as you celebrate the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord, take a few moments to praise Jesus for the power and hope you have because of His resurrection.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For more from Love Worth Finding and Pastor Adrian Rogers, please visit www.lwf.org. You can also listen to Adrian Rogers at OnePlace.com
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

April 3

The Resurrection - No Room for Neutrality

"He is not here: for He is risen." Matthew 28:6

It is a disturbing truth that Jesus Christ literally came out of the grave.

You just can't be neutral about the resurrection. If you are a thinking person, you're going to have to face the fact of the resurrection. Either it is true or it is not true. Either He came out of that grave or He did not.

Now which side are you on?

You can't simply say, "It doesn't really make any difference. Let's just put our arms around everybody. We all believe the same thing." No, no, no! When you take a stand for truth, you're going to have a head-on collision with the darkness that doesn't want the light shining in!

Pray for those in fulltime ministry as they proclaim the truth to a lost world.
Pray for God's protection as they go to the frontline and battle for souls! 
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

Love Worth Finding

April 4

O Death, Where Is Thy Sting?

"O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?" 1 Corinthians 15:55

Harry Houdini was an escape artist. They tried all kinds of ways to keep Harry Houdini locked up. They would bury him in a coffin, but he would get out. They would sew him up in canvas bags and throw him in the river, but he would come out. His biographer said, "He could escape from anything except your memory."

Yet there came a day when Harry Houdini died, and he did not escape the iron-clad clutches of death. But I want to tell you, there was another who died. His name was Jesus, and He made the great escape.

Jesus came out of that grave, and He arose! Praise God, Jesus is alive!

Who in your circle of friends does not know Jesus? Pray for them right now - that they would hear the Good News, repent and believe upon the Lord Jesus Christ.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

April 5

Born to Win

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour." 1 Peter 5:8

When you were born again you were born to win! Your new birth in Jesus Christ has fitted you for victory.

You can detect Satan's schemes and overcome his world system.
You can "march to the beat of a different drummer." 
You can live with victory over the desires of your flesh.

Habits, attitudes, unclean desires, worries, and dissipation must yield as you exercise authority over your mind, emotions, and will.

You can actually put Satan and his demons to flight.   
You don't have to be afraid of him—he will be afraid of you! 

Are you feeling defeated about something? Say this out loud: "I was born to win!"

Now reflect on 1 John 4:4 knowing that, "greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world."  Doesn't that feel good? Now, look in the mirror and say it again! "I was born to win!"

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

April 6

Restoring the Years the Locusts Have Eaten

"And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten." Joel 2:25

Hosea had a wife whose name was Gomer. She not only committed immorality, but she finally ended up as a prostitute on the street.

In the strength of the Lord, Hosea went to her, reclaimed her, forgave her, remarried her and restored her as his bride. What a picture of the restoration of our Lord with us!

God has promised to restore us from all the pains of our past, the heartaches from broken relationships, the struggles from defeat, and the frustrations of our lives. All the times that we've felt broken beyond repair, God has promised to restore.

God is in the business of restoring His children into beautiful works of His holiness.

Is there someone in your life who has wandered from the faith and felt the abandonment of friends and family? If so, go to that person today and encourage them in the love of Jesus.

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk