Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

SEPTEMBER 26

The Law and the Gospel of God's Grace

"Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all." Romans 4:16

There are more than six billion people on the face of this earth. If you extracted from each one the very best character traits and put those things into one man, that one man would still have to bow before God and cry out for mercy to be saved.

We've got to quit trying to be saved by doing good things or being a moral person or even by keeping the Ten Commandments.

The law says "if." The gospel says "therefore."
The law says you must earn salvation.  The gospel says salvation is a gift.
The law demands holiness. The gospel provides holiness.
The law says run, but it doesn't give us legs.
The gospel says fly, and it gives us wings of grace.

Read Romans 10. What application can you gain for your life from this chapter?

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

SEPTEMBER 27

Fully Trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

John G. Patton was a Bible translator in the South Sea Islands. While translating, he came to the word "believe" and searched for a word that the native people could truly understand. He wanted something that meant commitment and trust, but he couldn't think of a word. Then one day, a messenger rushed into Mr. Patton's room out of breath. Needing to rest, he flung himself into a big chair and leaned back in complete relaxation. Patton asked the native for a word to describe what he did when he sat down and completely trusted in the chair to hold him so he could relax. That's the word he used for "believe."

When a person quits trying and begins to trust the Lord Jesus, that's "belief."

Who have you been sharing Christ with that hasn't yet been saved? Ask God to give you a word that will break through the barriers and bring salvation to this person.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

SEPTEMBER 28

Not Ashamed of the Lordship of Christ

"O my God, I trust in Thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me." Psalm 25:2

Have you ever noticed that some people get a little embarrassed in a restaurant if you bow your head and mention Jesus as you ask His blessing? They rub their eyebrows or forehead when you pray. Have you ever asked yourself why they're ashamed? I think it is because they don't know what they're missing in Jesus. You see, salvation is a wonderful gift. God sent His Son to die for us. He rose from the grave for us. He ascended into heaven for us. He's coming again for us! How can we be ashamed of this?

Next time you go to a restaurant, let your prayer of blessing turn into an evangelistic opportunity with your unsaved friend.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

SEPTEMBER 29

Loving God with All Your Mind

"And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength. . ." Mark 12:30

Jesus said of Satan, "He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it" (John 8:44).

Satan is a clever liar. In fact, many of his lies sound like the truth. He plays with our minds to confuse us. He lies about the biggest subject of all – God. Satan wants to deceive you about God. If he can distort your idea of God, then beyond the shadow of any doubt, he has you in everything else.

What does it mean to love God with all your heart, soul, and mind?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

SEPTEMBER 30

The Comfort of the Holy Spirit

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

Jesus called the Holy Spirit "the Comforter."

Whenever peace enters your heart in the midst of grief...
Whenever joy enters your heart in the midst of a trial...
Whenever you see evidence of His life in yours...
                 .....you can be sure the Holy Spirit is flowing through your life.

Can He forget you? Never. The seal of the Holy Spirit, the Comforter, is on your life if you are His child. Whenever you pass through a room or walk through a crowd, His oil of gladness sends a sweet aroma of Christ through the air!

Read 2 Corinthians 1:3-5. How can you show the comfort of Christ to someone who is hurting?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

October 1

Facing Temptation

"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." Hebrews 4:16

When you face temptation, remember it is not a sin to be tempted. Temptation to sin is not sin.

If temptation were a sin, then Jesus would be a sinner, because Hebrews 4:15 says, "For we have not a high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin."

Jesus was tempted in all points like as we are, yet without sin. Jesus felt what you feel. He was just as much a man as though He were not God at all, and He was as much God as though He were not man at all. He was the God-Man, and praise God, Jesus never sinned though He knew those temptations.

Are you facing a temptation today that you feel no one has ever faced? Turn to Jesus and He will meet you there.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

October 2

The Testing of Your Faith

"Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you." 1 Peter 4:12

Has something bad happened to you and you said, "Oh me. What did I do? I must have done something terrible. Otherwise, this wouldn't have happened!"

And before you knew it, you fell headlong into a pity party of morbid introspection—taking yourself apart piece by piece to see where you went wrong. If you're like most people, you have.

But have you ever thought that maybe you've done absolutely nothing wrong, but God is simply testing your faith? This is an important truth for you to understand, because if you don't, you may get discouraged. The seeds of doubt and discouragement sprout in the soil of ignorance.

Read Exodus 16 about the testing of the Lord in the lives of the Israelites while they were wandering in the desert. What applications can you give to your life?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

October 3

Humbly Grateful, Not Grumbly Hateful

"My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations." James 1:2

Sometimes we have to admit that it's hard to "count it all joy." Sometimes we complain and rather than being humbly grateful, we become grumbly hateful.

Oh, how I wish that, beginning today, we would emulate the faith of the saints that have gone before us—saints like Fannie Crosby, the great hymn writer.

For most of her life Fannie Crosby was blind, and yet, at the tender age of eight, Fannie wrote:

"Oh! What a happy soul am I, although I cannot see,
I am resolved that, in this world, contented I will be.
How many blessings I enjoy, that other people don't.
To weep and sigh because I'm blind, I cannot and I won't."

And do you know what? .... She didn't.

·         How can you apply this truth to your life today?

·         How can you share this truth with someone else?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

October 4

The Greatest Event of All Ages

". . . and the Lamb shall overcome them: for He is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with Him are called, and chosen, and faithful." Revelation 17:14

The Second Coming of Jesus is going to be the greatest event of all of the ages. It is one of the grand theological truths taught in the Bible from Genesis to Revelation.

·         The New Birth is vitally important, but it is mentioned only nine times in the New Testament.

·         Baptism is vitally important, but it is mentioned only 20 times in the New Testament.

·         Repentance is mentioned only 70 times in the Bible, as important and needful as that is.

·         But the return of the Lord Jesus Christ is mentioned in God's Word at least 380 times.

One out of every 25 verses points with an eager finger to the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.

How are you getting ready for His Second Coming? What if He came this very hour?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

October 5

Patience Worketh Perfection

"But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing." James 1:4

"Patience worketh perfection." When was the last time you asked God to make you perfect? Maybe you should have asked for patience as well, because it is only through patient, abiding faith and trust in the Lord that we become "perfect."

A lot of people confuse this word "perfect" with "sinless." The Greek word for perfect in James 1:4 is teleios,and it refers to a maturing growth. For example, an oak tree is the teleios of an acorn. It is the perfection of an acorn.

So when you are discouraged and feeling a little blue,

Take a look at a mighty oak and see what a nut can do. 

Take a walk this week enjoying the beauty of God's creation and ask Him to give you the patience and faith that can turn a little acorn into a mighty oak.

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk