Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

September 5

Praising the Lord for Who He Is

"I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being." Psalm 104:33

·         We have a God who is simply presented in all of creation; we should recognize Him.
·         We have a God who is sovereignly powerful; we should respect Him.
·         We have a God who is surely purposeful; we should reverence Him.
·         We have a God who is savingly personal; we should receive Him.

All of that is in Genesis 1:1 which says, "In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth."

We have an obligation to God. We are twice His. First, we are His because of creation, and secondly, we are His because of redemption. He made us and He bought us.

Have you ever had something very precious and lost it? Then gratefully, it was restored to you again? That's just an inkling of the treasure you are to God!

:angel:

Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

September 7

The Meaning of Everything

". . . all things were created by Him, and for Him." Colossians 1:16

Do you want to know the meaning of everything? It is Jesus only. You may think that is an overstatement. We live in a great big universe, billions of light years in expanse. And the Bible tells us that "all things were created by Him, and for Him" (Colossians 1:16).

There is nothing made that was not made by the Lord Jesus. The answer to creation is Jesus only. People say, "the world needs saving." But what the world really needs is redemption. And where is redemption going to come from? Not from a creed, code, or cause, but Jesus only.

The entire universe, the plans of God, and the sweep of all the ages comes down to two words - Jesus only.

When was the last time you shared your faith? Maybe today you can begin a conversation with someone about the expanse of the universe. Who knows where that spark of truth will lead?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

September 8

The Impending Great Tribulation

"For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be." Matthew 24:21

General Omar Bradley said this about our generation:

·         We know more about war than about peace.
·         We know more about killing than about living.
·         This is our 20th Century's claim to progress – knowledge of science outstrips capacity for control.
·         We have too many men of science, too few men of God.
·         The world has achieved brilliance without wisdom, power without conscience.
·         We are a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants.

I think he said a mouthful. Jesus said there's coming a time like never before seen in history – the Great Tribulation – when all our progresses and advances will come down to one thing – Jesus Christ.

Where will you be on the day of Tribulation?

Where do you want to be?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

September 9

The Blessing Book

"Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand." Revelation 1:3

When I was in seminary, my wife Joyce told me, "You're going to flunk if you don't start hitting your school books."

Instead I was reading books on prophecy and told her, "I've got to find out what this is all about. They're not teaching it in school." And as I would study these things, I felt God building me.

There is a blessing to be found in a study of prophecy. It would be better for you not to know these things than to know them and to be idle about them.

There's nothing that fuels the flames of evangelism like a proper understanding of prophecy.

When was the last time you read the book of Revelation? Maybe you can start on it today!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

September 10

It's Getting Gloriously Dark!

"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." Luke 21:28

I wonder what would happen if scientists began making a human being from the cell of another human being. We are living in strange days, are we not? But I want to tell you our hope is not to be found in science. There's no blessing in the book of science. Friend, the blessing is in the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.

When I see things like cloning come to pass they do not shake me. Sometimes they grieve me or sadden me, but they do not shake me because I know God's Word.  I know it is the fulfillment of prophecy, and I can say with all of the saints, "Praise God! It's getting gloriously dark."

Next time you read something in the paper that shadows the end times, use it as an open door to share the Second Coming of Jesus with someone.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

September 11

Into The Storm—With Jesus

"And He arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm Mark 4:39."

Remember when Jesus was with his disciples on the Sea of Galilee and a storm came upon them? The lightning began to play in the wind. The sea churned. And the gentle winds turned into a cruel gale. The little ship was tossed and turned like a cork. The disciples despaired and said to the Lord Jesus Christ who was asleep, "Don't You care if we perish? Do something!" And Jesus said, "Peace, be still." And the winds ceased and the sea calmed. This world is headed into a storm and the spiritual barometer is dropping. And our world will not know peace until Jesus, the Prince of Peace, comes and says, "Peace, be still."

Read the full account of what happened to the disciples in Mark 4:36-41. What application can you give to your life?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

September 12

Lukewarmness—a Form of Blasphemy

"Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love." Revelation 2:4

In Revelation 2:1-7, we read about the Lord's charge that the church at Ephesus had left their first love. It wasn't that they didn't love the Lord Jesus. It was that they didn't love Him like they used to. If there ever was a time when you loved Jesus more than you do at this moment, you're backslidden. G. Campbell Morgan said that lukewarmness is the worst form of blasphemy. I believe he's right. Lukewarmness is a way of saying, "God, I believe in You, but You just don't excite me." Oh, how we ought to stay in love with the Lord Jesus Christ!

Have you left your first love? Has your love for Jesus became lukewarm? Pray Psalm 26:2 and seek His face.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

September 13

The Rapture of the Church

"For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first." 1 Thessalonians 4:16

I believe there will be seven years of terrible tribulation. It will be a time of tyranny and persecution. It will be a time when all nature will be out of joint and when demon spirits will infest the world. It will be a time when the Anti-Christ will rule and reign.

But before the tribulation comes, the Church is going to be raptured out. You might find it interesting to note that the word "rapture" is not found in the Bible, but the word "caught up" is, and that's literally what the word "rapture" means. We will be "caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air" (1 Thessalonians 4:17).

Do your loved ones know what the rapture means? Why not ask them what they think this next week and open the door for a candid discussion about the future?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

September 14

"Praise the Lord!"

"Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honor, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever." Revelation 7:12

I heard about a man who got a little excited in church and kept shouting, "Praise the Lord!"

One day, some of the brethren called on him while he was plowing his fields. When they were finished talking, he hung his head and said, "I know it's the truth. I have disturbed the services, but you know, I sit there and think what the Lord has done for me, how He died in agony and blood for me upon the cross, how He's forgiven all of my sins, how He's filled me with the Spirit, and – here, hold this mule while I shout!"

If being a Christian and going to heaven doesn't excite you, then you have calluses on your soul. It's exciting to know the Lord Jesus Christ!

When was the last time you raised your hands and shouted "Praise the Lord!" Maybe right now is a good time!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

September 15

Holy Spirit Conviction vs. Satanic Accusation

"Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night." Revelation 12:10

You will be a miserable Christian if you don't learn the difference between Holy Spirit conviction and Satanic accusation.

When the Holy Spirit convicts you of a sin, He will not make you just feel bad all over. He will put His finger right on the sore spot and push. He will convict you specifically and He will convict you legitimately.

Now if the devil doesn't convict you of all your sins in general, he will try to accuse you of a specific sin for which you have already been forgiven. And he will fight a losing battle, because if you put your sin under the blood of Jesus Christ and it comes up again, it's not God bringing it up.

Are you under conviction or accusation today about an unconfessed sin? Read Revelation 12:9-11. Claim the powerful blood of Jesus to cover your sin. Repent and believe!

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk