Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

January 9

Burning Brightly for the Glory of God 

"And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush." Exodus 3:2

Major Ian Thomas has imagined Moses saying something like this when he encountered God in the burning bush, "Would you look at that bush? It just keeps on burning for God. I wish my life could burn for God like that and keep on burning." Then Major Thomas imagined God replying, "Moses, you think this bush is so wonderful? Do you see that bush over there? I could do the same thing with it. Moses, it's not the bush - it's God in the bush. Any old bush will do." 

It's not you! It's not me! We are only the vessels of God's anointing. As you surrender yourself to God today, He will fill you and use you for His glory.

Surrender yourself to God today. And as you do, He will use you. Allow His flame to burn brightly for all to see. 

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

January 10

Gathering in His Name 

"For where two or three are gathered together in My name, there am I in the midst of them." Matthew 18:20 

There is something wonderful about unity. I heard about a fellow who courted a girl by writing her a beautiful love letter every day for two years. He thought that would be a wonderful way to court her. Do you know what happened? She married the mail carrier! 

There is nothing like being there. There is nothing like personal contact. There is a sense in which Jesus Christ is present when His people gather that's not in any other sense. You cannot get it the same way at home.   

Do you have a church home? If not, I encourage you to find one today. If church attendance isn't important, I wonder why Satan works so hard to keep folks away. If you do have a church home, make a special effort this week to meet a new friend and find a need they have which you can meet.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

January 11

God the Father and God the Creator 

"...that we may be partakers of the divine nature." 2 Peter 1:4 

Have you heard the phrase, "The universal fatherhood of God and the universal brotherhood of men"? It sounds warm and fuzzy, but it is cold and barren of truth. 

God is not the Father of all people, God is the Father of those who are born into His family. But you say, "But pastor, didn't God create all human beings?" 

Yes. 

"And if God created all human beings, wouldn't that make God the Father of all human beings?"

No, it makes God the creator of all human beings.

There's a difference between fatherhood and creation. God created rats, roaches, buzzards, and rattlesnakes. He's not their father. God becomes our Father not by creation, but by conception when we're born into His family.

Read the story of creation in Genesis - making the distinction between the creations of God and the Creator called God. Go on a nature walk and thank God that He rules over creation causing the sun to shine, the rain to water the earth, and for you to have your next breath.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

January 12

How to Know the Will of God

"If ye abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you." John 15:7

Do you want to know the will of God in your life? Here's a test: how much time do you spend reading the Bible?

Do you think God really believes we want to know His will when we don't take even 15 minutes a day to read the one book above all books that God has specifically written to show you His will, to reveal His will to you, to unfold His will to you?

Your first step in knowing His will is the surrender principle - surrendering our will to His. Your second step is the scripture principle. Read His word, meditate upon it, share it, and study it. When you bow to His will and read His will, you'll know His will. 

Commit to read God's Word at least 15 minutes a day for 30 days. When the month is over, re­evaluate what you have learned and ask God to help you be obedient to daily Bible reading from this day forward.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For more from Love Worth Finding and Pastor Adrian Rogers, please visit www.lwf.org.

You can also listen to Adrian Rogers at OnePlace.com.

Watch Adrian Rogers and Love Worth Finding Video Online.

FEATURED RESOURCE

Daybreak: Practicing the Presence of God

This devotional journal with daily applications was designed several years ago by Adrian Rogers. This leather-bound keepsake will be a treasured addition to start your day out right!

Each day you will begin with a nugget from one of his messages, a reading from God's Word, and a place to write your "Spiritual concerns and prayer requests." Order your copy today.

For more Adrian Rogers resources you may visit the Love Worth Finding bookstore at www.lwf.org.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

January 13

Praying, "Thy Will Be Done on Earth ...."

"After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed by Thy name." Matthew 6:9-10

When you pray, "Our Father which art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done . . . on earth as it is in heaven" do you realize that this prayer has not yet been answered, but it will be answered?

Jesus Christ is literally, actually, visibly, bodily coming back to this earth. Do you believe that? Do you think that Jesus Christ would have taught us to pray this prayer if it would not have been answered? His kingdom has not come yet on earth. His will is not being done on earth. But it shall be, it will be, because our Lord taught us to pray that.

When you read or watch the news today, how do you see God's will not being done on earth? Ask the Lord that His will would be brought to earth - praying for the people involved in each story for their welfare and their salvation.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

January 14

Faith without Works Is Dead 

"For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also." James 2:26

When you ask God for something, do you just sit back and do nothing and say, "Well, I'm going to show my faith by doing nothing." To the contrary, you will show your faith by doing something. For faith without works is what? Dead! (see James 2:20)

Do you want a house? Pray for it. Then say "Amen" with a hammer and saw.

Do you want a wife? Pray for one. Then go shave, put on some cologne, learn some manners, and learn how to be thoughtful and loving.

What have you been praying earnestly about the last week? What is your heart's desire? Ask the Holy Spirit to show you how you can put feet to that prayer. Then, walk the talk! 

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

January 15

God's Provision in Your Life

"Give us this day our daily bread." Matthew 6:11

A philosopher once said, "To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough." I know what I want and I know what you want. I want to have some money in the bank and I want to have something there so that when tomorrow comes, I don't have to worry about it. Isn't that what you want? We call that security.

Question: is that really security? Who is more secure - the man who has a warehouse full of stale bread that the rats or thieves can get, or the man who has a father who is a very, very rich baker?

Begin your prayer time today with the Lord 's Prayer and ask Him to help you be content. Bow before Him in humble adoration of His provision in your life. Then share the Bread of Life with someone who is hungry today. 

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

January 16

The First Step to Setting Things Right 

"With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

The Lord Jesus said, "Moreover if thy brother trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault" (Matthew 18:15).  You say, "He's the one that did wrong. If he

wants forgiveness let him come and ask for it." But Jesus said, "No, you go to him." Whether you are in the right or whether you are in the wrong, as a child of God, you are to go to that individual. Isn't that what God did in the Garden of Eden? Adam and Eve sinned against God and the Bible tells us that God came looking for them: "Adam, where art thou?" That was not the voice of a detective. That was the voice of a God Who pursues us to forgive us.

Stop right now and ask God to show you if you have an unforgiving spirit toward someone. Then, in His power and strength, call that person and ask his/her forgiveness. It's going to be impossible in your strength, but remember, God does the impossible.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

January 17

In the Face of Discouragement and Ridicule

"...He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ." Philippians 1:6

One evening I overheard my father and a friend of our family talking.

"What's Adrian going to do when he gets out of high school?" the friend asked.

My dad replied, "Well, he wants to go off to college and study to be a preacher." That man just laughed and said, "He won't make it. He'll never stick it out. He'll quit."

This was a man I admired and respected very much. I almost felt like crying. That's what the world says about Christians, "They won't stick it out. They won't make it." You see, the devil hasn't changed his tactics. He's still mocking and throwing cold water on our walk with the Lord. Get ready. If you don't feel the flames of ridicule now, just wait.

Have you ever told someone that they wouldn't amount to anything? Has anyone ever told you? Send those lies back to the pit of hell and rest in the promises of His Word that you are deeply loved and bought with the price of the Savior's own blood.   

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

January 18

The Devil's Most Prized Tool

"Mine eyes are ever toward the Lord..." Psalm 25:15

There's a story about the devil auctioning off his tools. He had a high price on pride, laziness, arrogance, hate, envy, and jealousy. But there was one tool that had a sign under it: "Not For Sale."

Someone said, "What is that tool? Why isn't it for sale?"

"Well," he said, "I can't afford to get rid of that one. It's my chief tool, discouragement. With this tool, I can pry open a heart and once I get in I can do most anything I want."

Do you want me to tell you why you get discouraged? I'll give it to you in a nutshell - you've taken your eyes off God!

Are you discouraged? If not, praise God! Then find someone who is, so that you can give them the encouragement they need in Jesus Christ. Maybe it's your next-door neighbor, maybe it's a co­worker, maybe it's your spouse.

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk