Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

NOVEMBER 16

God Has Not Forgotten You

"And He shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday." Psalm 37:6

One preacher was in a church where he felt God had led him. But nothing seemed to be working out, so he wanted to go to another church.

He told a friend, "I know where God put me, and I know God put me here, but I just wonder if He remembers where He put me."

Yes, God remembers! He has not forgotten. He is never late. Don't rush God. Don't think He has abandoned you because your prayers are not answered. He will turn your midnight into a sunrise and your mourning into dancing.

Read Psalm 37:4-7 and rejoice in the hope of God's providence and provision in your life.

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

NOVEMBER 17

The Mind vs. the Brain

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Philippians 4:8

Did you know that there is a difference between your mind and your brain? The brain is what the mind thinks with. The relationship of the mind and the brain is very similar to the relationship of a pianist and a piano. The piano is the brain and the pianist is the mind.

The most dangerous thing in the world is a man with a bad mind and a good brain. He is a clever devil.

When you get saved, you don't get a new brain. You get a new mind. And the god of this world will do all he can to distort your mind. Why? Because Proverbs 23:7 says, "For as he thinks in his heart, so is he." 

Dwell today on the true, the honest, the just, the pure, the lovely—think on virtue and praise.  Pray for missionaries serving the Lord in other countries - that they will dwell on the truths of the Lord and that their walks will be strong and undeterred from the Lord's mission.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

NOVEMBER 18

Is Anything Too Hard for the Lord?

"Is anything too hard for the Lord?" Genesis 18:14

A little boy was trying to roll a rock as his father watched from a distance. The boy was heaving and sighing, but he couldn't turn the stone over.

His dad, with a smile said, "Son, are you using all of your strength?" He said, "Yes, Daddy, I'm using all my strength." And the father said, "No, you're not because you have not asked me to help you. My strength is your strength."

Sometimes we wrestle with problems and say, "I don't know what to do." Our Father wants us to say, "I've run out of my strength," and run into His. He is there.

There is no problem too big for Jesus to solve.

Do you believe that? I hope so.

Is there a problem too big for you to solve? Give it to Jesus. He can handle it. 

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 19

God's Provision, a Living Testimony

"But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

What is it about your life that you cannot explain apart from God? Do you know that's the only part of you that is believable?

Let me illustrate. If your neighbor can explain you, then you are just like him - only you're religious. Friend, your life as a religious person is not going to convince him of the power of God. But when he sees God supernaturally meeting your needs, then you're going to be believable.

How is your life radiating the light of our Lord in your neighborhood? Invite your neighbors over for a night of fellowship, and share with them the Good News of the divine birth of Jesus. 

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

NOVEMBER 20

Letting God Work In and Through You

"For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure." Philippians 2:13

One of the greatest secrets I have ever learned is this: God doesn't want me to do anything for Him. He wants to do something through me.

People say, "Well, I just serve God in my poor, little, old weak way."  I feel like saying, "Well, quit it."  He doesn't want you to serve Him in your poor, little, old weak way. He wants you out of the way, so He can flow through you!

We need to make ourselves available to God and say, "God, I'm tired of being inhibited. I want to be inhabited by You. I want You to live Your life through me."

Where have you been standing in the way of God instead of surrendering to God and letting Him live through you?   

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

NOVEMBER 21

Calling Good Evil and Evil Good

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" Isaiah 5:20

People can become so warped in their thinking that they don't know the difference between right and wrong.

I was listening to the radio one morning, and they were talking about what scientists want to do with the tissue of aborted babies. They said that some women are thinking about having babies, aborting them, then selling the tissue for research. The scientific community is promoting this propaganda because of the good they say the research will have on the whole of humanity! But what about the whole of humanity that begins in the womb?

People today will play enough tricks on their minds that they will literally approve evil with a good conscience.

Where do you stand on this issue? What is right and what is wrong?

Take some time this morning to read Psalm 139 and ask God to show you His truth. 

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

NOVEMBER 22

God Will Always Answer

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." Jeremiah 33:3

I read about some children in a Sunday School class who wrote a missionary to let him know that they were praying for him. The teacher of the class said, "Now, children, the missionary is a very busy person, so don't expect him to write you back." One little girl's letter read, "Dear Brother Brown, We're praying for you. We don't expect an answer."

Sadly, this is how we pray! We don't really expect an answer. But God has promised He will answer us when we call upon His name. Psalm 91:15 says, "He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honor him."

·         What are you praying for today?

·         Do you believe that God can answer?

·         Do you believe that He will answer?

·         Then thank Him now for answering.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

NOVEMBER 23

No Offense, No Effect

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." Matthew 10:34

A pulpit committee approached me one time and said, "We need a pastor for our church."

I said, "I know just the guy. He is a fantastic preacher and has a fiery evangelistic spirit, but he has health problems and he's kind of old." I continued, "He's also been in jail several times."

They began to shake their heads, and one said, "Well, we don't know whether he's the man we want or not."

I said, "Well, don't worry; you couldn't get him. He's already in heaven, and his name is Paul."

You don't want a guy who can rub shoulders with the people of this world and not rub any salt in their wounds. Where there is no offense, there is no effect.

Pray for the men who occupy the pulpits in our churches that they would not water down the truth of God's Word, but be strong to proclaim its power. 

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

NOVEMBER 24

Proving God in Finances

"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in Mine house, and prove Me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it." Malachi 3:10

You can say all you want about getting right with God, but if you don't get right with God in your finances, you are not right with God. The kind of repentance that does not reach the bank account, has never reached the heart.

In Malachi 3:7, God says, "Return unto me, and I will return unto you." And the people said, "Wherein shall we return?" God's answer in verse 8 reveals that they were to return in tithes and offerings.

The point of return is the point of departure. If you're going to come back to God and if you're going to renew your fellowship, you're going to have to begin with the tithe.

It's time to put the good book to the checkbook!

How are you doing in the area of your tithes and offerings to the Lord? 

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

NOVEMBER 25

With Prayer and Thanksgiving

"Be anxious for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." Philippians 4:6

Sometimes we complain when we shouldn't. I remember an occasion when I was driving across the country with a gentleman. At the time, all of our children were in private schools, and Joyce and I were "dying of mal-tuition." I began complaining a little bit to the man about the great cost of sending a son to college. He looked at me and said, "I'd give anything in the world if my son would go to college." I thought, "Oh, what an ungrateful spirit I have!"

Do you ever complain about dirty dishes? There are lots of folks in Third World countries that would like to have some dirty dishes. We are to be thankful in all things.

Rejoice in God's blessings in your life. Nip that temptation in the bud to complain and grumble about your life today.

Rejoice in God's blessings in your life. Nip that temptation in the bud to complain and grumble about your life today

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk