Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

OCTOBER 17

Trusting His Love to Provide

"And they that know Thy name will put their trust in Thee: for Thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek Thee." Psalm 9:10

After World War II, a group of humanitarians placed orphan boys in tent cities to care for them. But the boys would wake up in the night from nightmares. A psychiatrist surmised that their fear was because they had such an uncertain future.

He decided to feed the boys a big meal each night, then give them each a piece of bread. He instructed them to hold the bread in their hands so it could be their breakfast. Somehow just holding in their hand a piece of bread helped them to sleep all night.

When you go to bed tonight, I want you to have bread, not in your hand, but in your heart. He is the Bread of Heaven and His name is Jesus!

Take a walk with the Lord today. Tell Him your fears. Confidently place them before the Lord. Trust in His love to provide.

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

OCTOBER 18

Standing for Peace and Righteousness

"Now the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always by all means." 2 Thessalonians 3:16

One of the strangest verses that ever fell from the lips of Jesus, the Prince of Peace, is this: "Think not that I have come to send peace on the earth. I came not to send peace, but a sword." That's incredible, because the Bible calls Him "the Prince of Peace." What is He talking about, then?

He is saying, "I came with a sword to put a line of demarcation between truth and error, between light and dark, between sin and righteousness."

When God's standard of righteousness is set, there will always be division. Without righteousness there can be no peace. Peace can never come where sin remains. God will never make a peace treaty with sin, never!

Some people think when others act righteously that they are acting religiously, and sometimes not very peacefully. How can you stand in the gap for peace AND righteousness?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

OCTOBER 19

The Life-Transforming Power of Christ

"But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through His name." John 20:31

The same Jesus who turned water into wine can transform your home, your life, your family, and your future. This same Jesus is still in the miracle-working business. And His business is the business of transformation. When we believe that Jesus is the Christ, we will receive life through His name.

Someone has well said that nature forms us, sin deforms us, the penitentiary reforms us, education informs us, the world conforms us, but only Jesus transforms us.

What are you to trust Christ for today? A miracle?  Or for more of Him? Your very next breath is a miracle. Thank God for the miracle of life He has given you today 

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

OCTOBER 20

Jesus Only

". . . all things were created by Him, and for Him." Colossians 1:16

Do you want to know the meaning of everything? It is Jesus only. You may think that is an overstatement. We live in a great big universe, billions of light years in expanse, and the Bible tells us that "all things were created by Him, and for Him" (Colossians 1:16). There is nothing made that was not made by the Lord Jesus. The answer to creation is Jesus only.

People say that the world needs saving, but what the world really needs is redemption.

So where is redemption going to come from? It's not from a creed, code, or cause but from Jesus only. The entire universe, the plans of God, and the sweep of all the ages, comes down to two words - Jesus only.

When was the last time you shared your faith? Maybe today you can begin a conversation with someone about the expanse of the universe. Who knows where that spark of truth will lead?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

OCTOBER 21

The Gospel, a Truth Worth Dying For 

"...we believe and are sure that Thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God." John 6:69

Jesus Christ is a fact of history. All secular historians who have any merit admit that regardless of what they believe about Him, Jesus lived!

There's no way to explain how the Christian Church exists apart from the fact that Jesus Christ was here. What did the early church preach? Not only that Jesus was here, but that He walked out of the grave. How do you explain that?

Somebody said, "Well, they must have made up the story. They said they touched Him, they said they ate with Him." Oh? We're talking about men who died for their faith. Do you think they would willingly, knowingly die for a lie? A man may live for a lie, but few would die for one.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

OCTOBER 22

Moving His Son Into King's Row

Psalm 2:6 - "Yet have I set My king upon My holy hill of Zion."

The kingdoms of this world are being moved around like checkers, but soon God is going to move His Son into King's Row and say, "Crown Him King of kings!"

How many times have you prayed, "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven"?

Do you think God's will is being done on earth as it is in heaven?

Look around at the crime, rape, murder, child abuse, and blasphemy. Do you think that's God's will? Of course not.

Do you think Jesus Christ would have taught us to pray a prayer that will not be answered? God is going to move Jesus into King's Row and say, "Crown Him King!"

Read Psalm 2. What does the Psalmist tell the kings of this world to do? Pray now that God will work in the hearts of the world leaders!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

New Life, A New Creation in Christ

"For with Thee is the fountain of life: in Thy light shall we see light." Psalm 36:9   

Jesus had a life that the grave could not keep. While He carried your sins to the grave and left them there, Jesus came out of that grave living, risen, and victorious! When Jesus rose, you rose with Him.

Christians are not just nice people, they are new creatures. We have the same power that raised Jesus Christ from the dead.

We have come out of the grave of the old life. Our old master has no more hold on us. The old debt has no more penalty that we have to pay. When Jesus came out of that grave, we came out with Him and we have been raised to walk in newness of life.

Are you walking around in the grave clothes of your old life? Shed them, my friend! Jesus came to give you new life! Believe that you are now a new creation in Christ!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

OCTOBER 24

True Friendship

"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." Proverbs 27:17   

True friends will put an edge on your life. They will make you a sharper person. Not all my friends do that for me, but my best friends do.

Have you ever had a friend who loved you so much that he would even hurt you in order to help you? Proverbs 27:6 says, "Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful." What truer words of love can be spoken than from the heart of a friend who is going to spend an eternity with you? Even if those words hurt, they are words that will heal.

Do you have a friend who sharpens you as iron? Then forward this email to your friend as a word of thanks.

For encouragement in your Christian walk and/or additional resources by Adrian Rogers, click on the following link to visit the LWF website
For more from Love Worth Finding and Pastor Adrian Rogers, please visit www.lwf.org.

You can also listen to Adrian Rogers at OnePlace.com.

Watch Adrian Rogers and Love Worth Finding Video Online.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

OCTOBER 25

He Has Overcome the World

"In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33

The will of God will never take you where the grace of God cannot keep you. His power is ever-present in your life as His child.

If I could have been there in the days of His flesh, I would have wanted to see Him walk across the sea and calm the waves. I can just see that kingly form with the wind in His hair, putting His foot steps on the sea, His garments billowing back. Smiling at the storm.

When the disciples saw Him walking on the water, what was their biggest problem? The water. Jesus in essence was saying, "What looks like it's going to be over your head, is already under My feet."

What are some problems that are drowning you in fear, in discouragement, in sadness today? Give them to Jesus. Remember: what is over your head is under His feet.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

OCTOBER 26

Governed by His Providence

"But He saith unto them, It is I; be not afraid." John 6:20

When storms come into your life, I want you to remember this truth: "I am governed by His providence."

The storm did not take the wave walker, the Lord Jesus, by surprise. As a matter of fact, the Bible says He's the one that "commandeth and raiseth stormy seas." (Psalm 107:25)

Perhaps you're in the eye of a storm right now. It looks like your boat is sinking. Maybe it's so dark you can't see your hand before your face. I want you to know there is nothing that comes to you that He does not either cause or allow. Whether I can see it or not, whether I can understand it or not, it is a fact that God has not relinquished His rule upon His universe.

Read Matthew 8:23-27. Does Jesus see the storm in your life? Bow before the One, the only One, who can calm your storm. Trust His ways. He's in control.

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk