Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

August 25

Living By Promises Not Explanations

"Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask Him." Matthew 6:8

According to an article, Henry Ford asked the engineers to box the transmissions for his Model-T Fords in certain sized boxes. He gave meticulous dimensions and material instructions for these boxes. The builders were confused, but they did as they were told.

When the transmissions were delivered, the factory workers took apart the boxes and used them for the floorboards! Mr. Ford was thinking ahead!

That's what God does. He knows what we need even before we ask Him. We may not understand all of His ways, just like those workers who were boxing up the transmissions did not understand.

We do not live by our understanding; we live by His promises.

Is there something happening in your life right now that you don't understand? Read Proverbs 3:5-6 and trust in the promise that He will direct your path.

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

August 26

What Is Success?

"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." Romans 12:2

You've heard it said, "The one who dies with the most toys wins." Is that success? Having your dreams come true? Getting all you want? Earning enough money so that you never have to work again?

May I tell you what success is? And I say this without equivocation. Success is the progressive realization of the will of God for your life. That's what it is.

It's not how much money you have. It's not how famous you are. It's not how healthy you are. It's not how many friends you have or how many toys you have acquired. Success is nothing more, nothing less, than the progressive realization of the will of God for your life.

Do you want to know God's will? Do you want your heart's desire to come true?

Read Micah 6:8. What does God require of you?

Read Psalm 37:4. What is God calling you to do?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

August 27

Longing For His Return

"...we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air." 1 Thessalonians 4:17

Is your heart longing for Jesus to return? Are you looking for Him? I am. The coming of Jesus is really the only hope for this world.

And when will that be? I don't know. It may be at morning when the clouds break open with sunlight and shadows of night recede from the sky. It may be at noon when the world is hustling and bustling. It may be at dusk when the birds are singing their evening song. Or at midnight, when the stars will dim by the blaze of glory when He descends from the heavenlies.

What joy fills my heart! Does it fill yours as well to think of that moment? Are you ready?

Look up into the skies today and think about His return. Can you imagine the sound of the trumpets and the voice of the angels announcing His return?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

August 28

God's Providence

"Wait on the Lord, and keep His way, and He shall exalt thee to inherit the land." Psalm 37:34

We talk about providence, but what is providence?

Providence means to see ahead of time and to make provision. This is what God does. He sees events before they ever get here and moves everything toward the goal He has in mind.

Now there is a lot of evil in the world, so don't get the idea that everything that happens is God's will. Rape is not God's will. Murder is not God's will. Racial hatred is not God's will. Adultery is not God's will. Sodomy is not God's will.

Man has a will and man has an evil heart. And in God's grand design, He gave man a free will. Even when man does evil, where God does not rule, God overrules.

Read Psalm 37. Find a brother or sister in the Lord and discuss the presence of evil in this world and the providence of God in the lives of His children.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

August 29

Searching Frantically for Your Life?

"In Him was life; and the life was the light of men." John 1:4

I heard about a lady who was looking in her purse for her keys. She looked casually at first, then seriously, then frantically. Do you know what she discovered? She was looking in the wrong purse! I don't know everything about you, but I know this much: you would like to have a full, meaningful, fulfilling life. Am I right? I think most people feel that way.

But no matter how much you search, you'll not find it apart from Jesus Christ. Now, I'm not talking about life as in breathing and heart beating. You have that. I'm talking about the rich, abundant life that Christ died to give you. Life is in Christ. Only Christ can give you life.

It's time to turn your eyes to Jesus and look full in His wonderful face. Click here to go to Cyber Hymnal and sing along or simply meditate with the hymn by Helen Lemmel "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus."

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

August 30

Stepping Out

"Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk." John 5:8

In the Gospels we learn about a man who languished by a pool for 38 years, hoping for someone to put him in when the waters stirred, so he could be healed (see John 5:1-9).

He had a place in line, but someone always stepped in front of him. What was Jesus response? Step out of line, take up your bed and walk!

Suppose a man had been standing in line for Super Bowl tickets for 38 years. His buddy comes up to him and says, "I have two tickets on the 50-yard line. Come on." If he steps out of line, he puts all his trust into this guy's word that he has two tickets on the 50-yard line. Do you know what a lot of us do? We want to make a provision for our flesh, or we want to keep our spot in line. Jesus says, "Leave it behind."

What are you holding onto in your life that God wants you to give up so you can live the life He died to give you? Can't think of anything? Maybe there's not anything, but just in case, why don't you spend a little time talking to God about it?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

August 31

Simply Resting

"These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full." John 15:11

Do you depend upon Jesus Christ? I mean totally depend upon Him? Here's the way you can tell: Are you resting in Him today?

You see, when you are totally committed to Jesus Christ, you rest in Him. You realize your every need is something for Him to supply.

Have you ever looked at a branch? It has no other source of life than the vine. If you asked that branch, "What's your secret for your healthy leaves and fruit?" he would say, "My secret is that I'm resting in the vine."

"But what about your needs?" you ask.

"I know I have needs, but that's not my responsibility. My response is to rest in the vine's ability to provide. I don't produce the fruit. I just bear it."

Are you resting in the Lord today?

Take a walk outside over the next couple of days if you can and take a close look at the trees, shrubs, and vines. Meditate on what it means to abide in Christ "that your joy might be full."

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

SEPTEMBER 1

All Things Work Together for Good

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

I read about a farmer who had a big brush pile of debris that he was going to burn. He noticed that a little bird had built a nest in that brush pile, so he destroyed the nest. When he came back days later, he found the bird rebuilding the nest. The farmer destroyed the nest again. But the bird built again, and again the farmer destroyed it. Finally, the little bird gave up.

I can just imagine that little bird going home and saying to his family, "I just don't know why all our good plans of building a home are not working."

Well, there was an unseen hand that was doing something that the bird may have thought was bad, but was really good.

Read Romans 8:28 again. Notice that the verse doesn't say all things are good. All things are not good. There are some terrible things in this world. The point is that only God is good! He alone can work all things together for your good.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

SEPTEMBER 2

Nothing Can Separate Us from the Love of God

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

What if you had an appointment with the doctor and found out that you had cancer? Maybe you have heard this news or heard it on behalf of a loved one.

I want to tell you some things cancer cannot do. 

Cancer cannot shatter hope. 
Cancer cannot corrode faith.
Cancer cannot eat away peace. 
Cancer cannot place a limit on eternal life. 
Cancer cannot quench the spirit of God and 
Cancer cannot lessen the power of the resurrection.

That's how limited cancer is!

Is there someone in your life who is suffering from cancer? Give them the Good News that you've read today and pray that they will know the Savior.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

SEPTEMBER 3

Help Yourself to Happiness

"Blessed are they that keep His testimonies, and that seek Him with the whole heart." Psalm 119:2

Have you ever thought that if you lived according to God's laws, you were going to miss out? The truth is if you don't live according to God's laws you're going to miss out!

God's laws are for your welfare. God is not a tyrant in heaven making a bunch of laws to make you squirm like a worm in hot ashes as you try to keep those laws.

God loves you.

Every time God says "Thou shalt not," God is simply saying, "Don't hurt yourself." And every time God says, "Thou shalt," God is saying, "Help yourself to happiness."

God has something so wonderful for you.

Write the following down on some sticky notes and post them everywhere: 

God loves me. 
God knows better than I do. 
God is in control. 
God is good. 

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk