Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

July 26

Controlling Your Thought Life

"For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he." Proverbs 23:7

There was a sign in a business that said:

"We are not what we think we are; what we think — we are."

What are you allowing into your mind that is thereby controlling your heart, your actions, and your words? God made you so that you can't think two thoughts at one time. If you're thinking what's right, you can't be thinking what's wrong. And as you think, so you will become.

Guard your mind. Center your mind upon the Lord Jesus. Don't let the devil take away your pure-hearted devotion to the Lord Jesus Christ. Stay in love with Jesus and there won't be any room for those filthy, dirty, wicked, lascivious, lustful, and prideful thoughts that bombard us all.

Start today to become more active in marshalling your thoughts and bringing them into obedience to Christ (2 Cor. 10:5). Use Philippians 4:8 as a sieve through which you pass each thought:

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

July 27

Your Adversary, the Devil

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against . . . the rulers of the darkness of this world." Ephesians 6:12

Did you know there is a ruthless, cruel underworld system that wars against you?

The crime bosses are but amateurs compared to this syndicate, ruled by the Master of Deception. He's called the "destroyer," "liar," "accuser," "tempter," and "prince."

Satan is indescribably wicked, brilliantly stupid, and hideously beautiful.

If he can't convince you that he does not exist, then he tries to spread the lie that he is only in hell. He is not in hell. Hell was prepared for the devil and his angels, but he is not there yet!

Be warned . . . Satan comes against you to obsess, depress, and possess. But be encouraged . . . Jesus has purchased your victory by His blood!

Satan is portrayed as a roaring lion in 1 Peter 5:8. Put on the full armor of God and claim the victory that only faith in King Jesus can achieve.  In Ephesians 6:10-18, look at the armor God has provided you. Suit up and be prepared for the battle.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

July 28

The True Gospel

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God." Ephesians 2:8

How can you tell whether or not the gospel you have the true gospel? Paul gives you three tests.

First, the source of the gospel. Where did it come from? God gave it. It is direct and divine revelation. The gospel is authenticated by its source.

Secondly, by its salvation. Any gospel that is not the gospel of grace is not the true gospel. You can't beg it. You can't buy it. You can't borrow it. You can't steal it. You can't earn it. It was bought by Christ on the cross. It is the supernatural work of God.

The third test is its subject. It is the grace of Christ. Jesus is the subject. From Genesis to Revelation, the Bible is all about Jesus.

Take an hour or two this week and find the prophecies of Jesus in the book of Isaiah. Take comfort in knowing that Jesus is the One Who was, Who is, and Who is to come!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

July 29

What is Salvation?

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God." 1 John 5:1

What is salvation?

Salvation is not a creed. You say, "Well, I believe the plan of salvation." You can believe the plan of salvation and go straight to hell. You're not saved by the plan of salvation, you're saved by the man of salvation.

Salvation is not a code. You say, "Well, I believe if you live right, you'll go to heaven." If you could be saved by living right, then Calvary was a blunder.

Salvation is not a cause. You say, "I'm a member of a good, fundamental, Bible believing church." You can be a member of any church and many good causes and go straight to hell.

Salvation is not any of these things. It is found in Christ. Salvation is not "believing something," it is receiving Someone. The true gospel is one that centers in Jesus Christ.

Ask God to give you a divine opportunity to boldly share Jesus with someone today. Maybe it's a co-worker, maybe it's your child. Maybe it's a stranger that sits next to you at a restaurant. Be strong and of good courage. God will go before you to prepare the way.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

July 30

Fear Not

"Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." Joshua 1:9

The devil is the sinister minister of fear. When he clamps his icy fingers of fear on your heart, do you become afraid of what he'll do to you if you take a stand for God?

Don't be afraid. Fear is an insult to God who said, "I will be with thee."

Fear will destroy you. Are you a worrywart? One lady said, "Don't tell me it does no good to worry. Most of the things I worry about never come to pass."

Be not dismayed. God will take care of you.

Ask the Holy Spirit to show you what your fears are, then confess them as sin. Repent, then reach up and take hold of His right hand that is outstretched to sustain you and give you the victory!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

July 31

The Powerful Influence of Music

". . . and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ." 2 Corinthians 10:5

Satan is waging a battle to control the thought life of America's teenagers.

The typical teenager listens to an average of 10,500 hours of rock music from the seventh to the tenth grade. That's only 500 hours shy of all the time he/she spends in school from first through twelfth grade!

Do you have any idea of the fatalism that is bombarding the airwaves everyday into young people's heads? The National Education Association estimates that a percentage of the 5,000 teenage suicides we have in America every year are caused by the fatalistic music of today's youth.

Somebody has said, "You let me write the songs that a nation sings, and I don't care who makes its laws."

Is there a teen in your life? If so, spend some time this week talking with them about the music they listen to and the healthy choices they need to make to take back the ground that Satan is trying to conquer with his onslaught of fatalistic music.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

August 1

God's Grace Takes the Initiative

"We love Him, because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19

When I was in the sixth grade, I wrote a love note to Joyce Louise Gentry. Then she became my bride and my beloved. Do you know she still has that note? From that time on she began to take an interest in me. Do you know why? Because I first loved her.

Do you know what the Bible is? It is God's love letter to you. It is God saying to you, "I have set my eye upon you. I love you!"

You're not saved by doing good works. You're not saved by joining a church. You are saved by the grace of God that said, "I love you" first.

When was the last time you wrote a love letter? 
When was the last time you received one? 
Spend some time today and write a love letter to the Lord.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

August 2

Justice, Mercy and Grace

"...the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will He withhold from them that walk uprightly." Psalm 84:11

There are three words that came together at Calvary: 

justice
mercy 
grace

Justice is getting what we deserve. Mercy is not getting what we deserve. Grace is getting what we don't deserve.

But wait a minute; grace is more than that! It is grace that gives at great cost to the giver. It is not cheap. Grace cost the life of God's Son. Jesus gave freely of Himself in agony and blood.

Did you know that grace has to chase us down? If God didn't run faster than us, we would never be saved! Grace seeks to give to vile and wicked people that which they don't deserve and can never deserve.

Are you a grace-giver? Find someone today and do a favor for them - something for which they couldn't possibly repay you. Perhaps it will even be for a stranger you will never see again.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

August 3

Perfectionism Is a Thief 

"For He hath made Him to be sin for us, Who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him." 2 Corinthians 5:21

Did you know that your performance doesn't make you any more or less acceptable in God's eyes?

If you think that God is going to accept you on the basis of your quiet time, your Bible study, or your service, you will fall into a trap of never knowing if you've done enough. You'll never truly feel accepted.

Perfectionism is a thief. It promises rewards, but it steals both joy and satisfaction. Why? Because perfection is an unattainable goal! If you are a perfectionist, you've set an impossible goal for yourself, and therefore you will constantly be faced with frustration and failure.

Two things about you are true, without your "performance"— 

You are forgiven in Christ. 
You are righteous in Christ.
Are you a perfectionist? Ask the Holy Spirit to free you from the fear of failure. Now make a conscious decision that you can be less than perfect and still be loved by God.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

August 4

Perfection Found in Jesus Alone   

"Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:39

A perfectionist in the church is a miserable person. And not only that, but he makes everybody else miserable, too. The fellowship is never sweet enough. The teacher is never prepared enough. The music is never spiritual enough, and on and on it goes.

Jesus supplies the only perfection that we will ever attain until we get to heaven.

It is not perfection that God is looking for in His children; it is excellence.

God is working in you to achieve His purpose for His glory.

Memorize this statement, "I am worthy apart from my performance because Christ died for me and gave His life to me. My life is hidden in Him. Jesus loves me." 

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk