Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

December 5

Jesus Is Victorious Over All

"For He hath put all things under His feet. . ." - 1 Corinthians 15:27

Praise God! The story has a happy ending! He is risen! Jesus is sitting at the right hand of God at this very moment, interceding on your behalf (Romans 8:34). And His prayers are always answered. When the problems of your life are over your head, remember they are under His feet. Where is His head? It is in the heavenlies, interceding for you. Where are your problems? Under His feet. Jesus is alive and waiting in the wings to return for you!

Is there someone in your life who is struggling? Write them a note of encouragement and use Romans 8:34 as a closing verse of hope.

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

DECEMBER 6

Omnipotent God—Held by His Love and Grace

"Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy." - Jude 24

Have you fussed and fumed through life's challenges, wondering if the Sovereign Creator of the Universe was on vacation? I have a message for you: The God who hung the stars, the God who poured the oceans, the God who raised the mountains, the God who knew you before you were knit together in your mother's womb, this sovereign God is your Savior. He is your King, and He is in control.

When you are plucked from the depths of sin, you are placed in the very hand of God! You can't climb up into the hand of God; you are placed into the hand of God. Hallelujah! Our efforts didn't get us there. His grace placed us there. And His love will keep us there forever.

Read Psalm 139 and rejoice in the truth that God has created you and will make a way for you!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

December 7

Dependence on God—A Witness of His Power

"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us." - 2 Corinthians 4:7

If you're like most people, you don't realize your dependency on God until you're burned out from stress—either self-induced or caused by circumstances beyond your control.

Why is that?

Paul says it's because we are fragile. But he doesn't stop there. He says that God made us this way so that His power may be known through us!

Maybe someone told you, "Oh, just tie a knot and hang on!" Sometimes God wants us to let go of the rope because it is keeping us tied down to our destructive habits. We are totally dependent on God so that the love of His Son may be made known to the world.

Get a piece of rope and tie a knot in it. Let it sit on your desk this week as a reminder that God is more than just a knot at the end of the rope. He is the Savior of the World!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

December 8

Let Jesus Lead the Way

"Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord." - Psalm 31:24

Who knows you better than the One who created you? Who cares more for you than the One Who died for you? Who leads you more carefully than the One Who knows the end from the beginning? There is no greater picture of courage than the picture of Jesus Christ—the Savior Who lays down His life. You can know security because the One Who loves you is compassionate, caring, and courageous. Jesus knows you. He cares for you. He wants to lead you into the abundant life.

Are you willing to lay down your life for the sake of the Lord?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

December 9

Free to Choose

"What man is he that feareth the Lord? Him shall He teach in the way that He shall choose." - Psalm 25:12

You are free to choose. You are not free, however, not to choose. After you make a choice, your choice chooses for you.

There are consequences for your choices—always. If you choose to step off the roof of a ten-story building, you are not then free to choose the consequence of your choice. Your choice has chosen for you.

What if you make a bad choice? What is God's reaction? First, He is in control. Your choices will not take Him by surprise. Thanks to God, He can prevail over our bad choices to restore us into fellowship with Himself!

Have you made a choice in your past that has brought you consequences reverberating even today? Share this insight with someone who is younger in the faith than you.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

December 10

Follow Someone with a Limp

"For our God is a consuming fire." - Hebrews 12:29

Someone has said, "If you are looking for a leader to follow, find someone with a limp." The wounded in life are those who have learned difficult lessons through suffering. Do not resist the Shepherd's rod of correction.

Is the wounding painful? Indeed. Does it seem that you will not be able to bear it? Most certainly. Then why would He subject us to such pain? Because you have a Father who loves you so much that He is willing to hurt you to heal you. What you need to focus on is not your pain, but your Savior. God didn't save you to take you to heaven. That's a fringe benefit. God saved you to make you holy—as He is holy.

Read Hebrews 12:1-13. What application can you make from this passage for your life today?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

December 11

Listening for His Voice

"Hearken unto Me now therefore, O ye children, and attend to the words of My mouth." - Proverbs 7:24

The United States Government doesn't teach Treasury agents to detect counterfeit bills by having them study fakes. They show these agents real dollars over and over and over until they have the pattern memorized. Then when a counterfeit is put in front of them, they recognize it instantly because it doesn't fit the pattern their eyes are looking for.

Do you know the voice of the Lord? The only way you can be sure that it is His voice you are hearing is to hear it so often that a stranger's voice is instantly recognizable. It is far wiser to spend time learning the One True Voice than it is trying to learn to detect a multitude of false voices.

Spend at least 15 minutes today being silent before God and listening for His voice.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

December 12

Off the Defense and On the Offense

"And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." - Mark 16:15

If I had to identify the major misconception about believers today, it would be that they spend too much time getting out of trouble with God, instead of getting into righteousness!

We are living on the defensive instead of the offensive. We need to move beyond the defensive line of Christianity, and move on to the offense—advancing the Kingdom, fulfilling the Great Commission, and telling others about Jesus. Our Shepherd will never lead us where His strength cannot keep us. He will never lead us down a path that He hasn't first walked down Himself.

Are you sharing His love and words of salvation with someone who's lost? If not, begin today to move beyond your comfort zone and see the hand of God move.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

December 13

Burdens and Trials a Necessity?

"Knowing this,that the trying of your faith worketh patience." - James 1:3

A man had a grandfather clock. One day he felt sorry for the grandfather clock because it had a weight on it. And that weight was always pulling on the clock. The man said, "Oh, Mr. Clock, you've held this weight so long, I'm going to remove it and let you rest."

The clock protested, saying, "Don't take that weight from me. That's what keeps me going."

In the same way, the trials and tests of life are there for your endurance. They're to keep you going, keep you trusting, keep you praying, and keep you depending upon God.

When was the last time you shared with someone that they needed to be thankful for their trials? When was the last time you told yourself?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

DECEMBER 14

Light of Hope in a Dark World

"The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined." - Isaiah 9:2

Imagine being in a cave without a flashlight. Can you see any shadows? You cannot even see your hand! Shadows are only visible in the presence of light.

Regardless of how dark, how large, how absolutely ominous a shadow appears, it is only there because there is light. David says, "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil." Why? Because "Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me" (Psalm 23:4).

Jesus has taken the sting out of sin and the fear out of the grave. He has empowered us with the Holy Spirit to give us confidence that He will always be with us and watch over us.

There are many today who are grieving because of a loss—the loss of a loved one, a job, a wayward child.  Pray for them. Send them a note of hope and include 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17.

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk