Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

November 14

Bridging the Stress Gap

"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." - Isaiah 40:31

Stress is nothing new. Noah had it when he was building the ark with no rain in sight. Martha had it when she was preparing a meal for our Lord. Stress is the gap between the demands placed on us and the strength we have in meeting those demands. It is not a sin to be stressed, nor a sin to be weary. It is a sin, though, not to seek a lessening of that stress which tears down the temple of the Holy Spirit, your body. Where is your answer? In waiting upon the Lord — waiting in the midst of demands. When you learn to wait on Him, God steps in to bridge the stress gap with His mighty strength.

Ask God to equip you to be a stress-buster today. Perhaps it will be your boss or your spouse that is "stressed out." Rejoice in the opportunity you have to share God's love.

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 15

The Will of God

"For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is My brother, and My sister, and mother." - Mark 3:35

Major Ian Thomas, English author and founder of a worldwide missionary fellowship, once wrote, "Which of these things in the life of Jesus is more spiritual?  When Jesus preached the Sermon on the Mount? When He raised Lazarus from the dead? When He washed His disciples' feet? Or when He spat on the ground and made clay to anoint the blind man's eyes? None was more spiritual than the other. Jesus did not divide His life up into little segments of spirituality. He was simply available to do whatever His Father willed." The will of God is not a road map. It is a relationship! You just simply set yourself apart to do the will of God.

Are you segregating your life into activities that are more spiritual than others? Surrender all you are to Him and make yourself available for whatever He calls you to do today.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 16

God Is In Control

"For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee." - Isaiah 41:13

Once I had the rare opportunity of visiting with Corrie Ten Boom. I drank in her words. I listened and kept my mouth shut. One of her statements went straight to my heart: "There is no panic in heaven, only plans." That is how God operates — no panic. Did you know the Holy Trinity never meets in an emergency session? God has never stepped down from His throne. Jesus has not left His right hand, and the Holy Spirit has not stopped interceding for you, His child. Refuse to listen to Satan's lies of fear, discouragement, and despair. You are a victor. And God is in control!

Repeat the following throughout the day today, "God is in control of my life. He will not leave me. His right hand will sustain me all the length of my days."

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 17

People God Chooses to Do His Work

"But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty." - 1 Corinthians 1:27

The people God chooses to do His work are plain, simple folks. All you have to do is look at the twelve men Jesus chose to be His disciples. Fishermen, a tax collector, a "zealot." What a ragtag bunch! But they ended up "turning the world upside down." And those who watched them exclaimed, "Why, these are ignorant and unlearned men!" (Acts 4:13). Maybe you didn't make the "Who's Who," or worse, the "Who's Not"! That's all right. God has a plan for you. God knows what He is doing. He turns the table on the world's idea of success. Wealth, fame, acclaim. None of these are necessary for you to be used of God.

What a glorious truth for you to share with someone today who may be feeling like they're not worth much. Ask God to lead you to that someone right now.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 18

Release from the Ghosts of Guilt

"Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life." - Jude 1:21

Guilt dogs the footsteps of mankind. It gnaws. It growls. It eats away at the joy God intends for us. Is there no peace from guilt? Will the ghosts of our guilt always lurk nearby? Not with the convicting work of the Holy Spirit and the healing power of our Lord in us! The devil is the prosecuting attorney who is going to point his bony finger of accusation at you. But the Holy Spirit is not the accuser. He is the Convictor. In love, He convicts to lead us to confession. Then we can confidently come to God and ask for cleansing. No psychologist or psychiatrist can take away guilt. Only Christ Jesus can.

Read the story of the adulterous woman in John 8:1-11. Praise God for His lovingkindness and generous mercy!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 19

Never Alone

"I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." - John 14:18

The late Dr. Paul Tournier, great Christian psychiatrist from Switzerland, wrote that loneliness is the most devastating malady of this age.

What is loneliness? Many confuse it with being alone. But you can be alone and not lonely. Your loneliness does not have to overwhelm you. After all is said and done, truly your only solace is found in Jesus. Why? He understands. John 1:10-11 tells us that the world neither received Him, nor knew Him. In many respects He lived a life of loneliness. "But I need somebody real." Jesus is real. He is closer to you than anyone else can be or ever will be. What a friend we have in Jesus! We will never be separated from Him!

Are you lonely? Chances are someone you know is, too. Why don't you give someone a call right now and invite them to do something.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 20

Heartfelt Soul-Winning Brings a Bountiful Harvest

"He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him." - Psalm 126:6

Do you know what you're doing in the morning when you have a quiet time? Weeding your garden. You're weeding the garden of your mind, so that the good seed of the Word of God can multiply. Now, the next step is to plant the seed and cultivate His harvest. And when you go out to win souls, water the crop with your tears. Read how the Lord's heart broke over the people He longed to embrace and love unto Himself (see John 17). Learn this same sort of compassion in the garden God has given you to harvest for His kingdom.

Ask God to put you into His fields of service today. Ask Him to make you bold, yet compassionate and wise to share His Good News.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 21

It Is Not Ours to Ask "Why?"

"As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is tried: He is a buckler to all them that trust in Him." - 2 Samuel 22:31

When bewilderment enshrouds you and despair looms at your door, when trials storm the beaches of your life, you may want to ask God, "Why? Why? Why?" Friend, you may never understand why things are happening the way they are in your life, but that's not your job. You see, it is not necessary for you to know why. That is God's question. Your response is all that matters. When we can't feel His hand, we must trust His heart. Our job is to simply trust and obey.

Is there something happening in your life for which you have no explanation, but long for answers? Ask God to give you peace and grace to trust Him.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 22

Just Keep Praying

"Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered." - Romans 8:26

There's an old song with the refrain "Just keep on praying 'til light breaks through." When you don't feel like praying, that's when you need to. You need to pray until you do feel like praying. You see, you're not praying by yourself. The Spirit is praying through you and for you, helping to present your petitions to the Father — petitions that perhaps you yourself are not even capable of expressing. Do not approach God with your hands full of the brass of your emotions. Rather, approach Him with hands and heart full of the sweet incense of His worth. Just keep praying.

How's your prayer life? Do you say grace before meals and squeeze in a quick prayer before you drop off to sleep each night? Take some time today to talk to the Lord.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 23

True Joy and Peace Come from the Lord Alone

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee." - Isaiah 26:3

You may admit that God is necessary, but do you honestly know that God is enough and that He is, in fact, more than enough? To find out if God is enough for you, let me ask you a couple of questions. Where do you obtain your joy? Is it from the Lord or from somewhere else? If your joy is from your health and it goes, then your joy will fly out the window. Many a believer has lost his health, his business, his family, his reputation, but has still maintained his joy because the source of genuine contentment and peace is in God. Indeed, one may not know that God is enough until God is all one has.

When was the last time you visited a hospital waiting room and shared Christ with those who are hurting? Maybe you could do that sometime this weekend.
Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk