Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

August 1

One Body in Christ

"So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another." - Romans 12:5

My left hand is a member of my body. So is my right hand. The right hand cannot direct the left hand and vice versa. But both hands can receive instruction from the head. If one hand is connected to the head and the other hand is connected to the head, then it simply follows that our hands are going to submit one to another. They're not going to fight one another.

It's the same way in the Body of Christ—the church. Who is the head of the body? The Lord Jesus Christ. Who are the members of the body? You and I. God put us in the church together that we might have a spirit of submission in the fear of the Lord.

Is there someone in the church with whom you're having difficulties? Submit yourself to the Lord and allow Him to give you grace to submit one to another.

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

August 2

Carrying Our Own Burdens

"Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee." - Psalm 55:22

A man was carrying a heavy load of grain down a country road. Another man in a wagon being pulled by a horse saw the man walking and said to him, "Mister, you need a ride?" And so the man got in the wagon. But he kept the load of grain on his shoulder. The wagon driver said, "Man, put that down and relax!" The rider said, "Oh no. It's enough for you to carry me without having you carry this too."

Have you ever done that to the Lord? You say, "Lord, I'll let You save me, but I'll carry my own burdens." How foolish we are to do this with the God who hung the stars and planets.

If you can trust God to save you from hell, don't you think you can cast your burden upon the Lord right now?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

August 3

When It Comes to the Devil... How to Think

"Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good." - Romans 12:21

There are two mistakes people make about the devil. One, they get into demonology—always studying, wondering, and talking about demons. Their focus rests on Satan rather than on the Lord Jesus. The Bible says we're to resist the devil; it doesn't say we're to chase him.

On the other hand, there are those who are flippant about the devil. They have nicknames for him and think he's a cartoon or fantasy.

The truth is, we have a powerful adversary, the devil. Peter likens him to a roaring lion! A mature Christian recognizes that he has an enemy. He respects the power of the enemy. Then he clings to the power of the Lord Jesus Christ to overcome this great adversary.

Is the lion prowling around your life? Take up the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God, and break free from his jaws of destruction.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

August 4

Happiness vs. Joy

"Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice." - Philippians 4:4

Happiness comes from outside circumstances. Joy comes from within. So it's cruel to say to people who are in sorrow, "Smile and be happy." Better to come alongside and mourn with them than to try to force the square peg of happiness into a round hole of sorrow.

The human life is a life of tragedy, sorrow, heartache, and pain. Yet in every difficulty, you can find joy. Happiness is an outside job. Joy is an inside job.

There is someone in a nursing home that longs for that joy. Find some time this week to bring the joy of the Lord to them.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

August 5

Peace in the Midst of the Storm

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful." - Colossians 3:15

In Florida where I was raised, we had a lot of hurricanes. Even as a child I learned that in the center of the worst hurricane, there's a calm called the "eye" of the storm. When the storm passes over, there is a calm like a mill pond on a summer evening.

Friend, in your storm today there is a center that is calm. It's the heart of God. He is there. He is the "I AM" in the midst of your storm.

As someone has well said, "God gives peace that the world can't take away." It is supernatural peace.

Do you have the peace of God in your heart? Claim the promise of Psalm 29:11, Isaiah 26:3, and Romans 5:1 today.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

August 6

The Trying of Faith Works Patience

"My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing." - James 1:2-4

What does God want out of you? He wants you to experience the fullness of Christ. And the way to this is through trials and tribulations. Can you be patient during this process? If you're like most people, probably not. We become like children who don't know the difference between "No" and "Not yet." If you say, "Wait a while," to them that is, "No." They want it now. But God is interested in maturing you. A Danish proverb says, "Give to a pig when it grunts and give to a child when it cries, and you will have a fine pig and a bad child." Tribulation brings patience, and patience makes us mature.

What are you waiting for? What are you struggling with? Give it to Jesus. Trust in His timing and His provision.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

August 7

Abiding in the Vine

"Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in Me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in Me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without Me ye can do nothing." - John 15:4-5

You'll never see a fruit factory. Now, you'll see factories for making clothing, cars, and computers, but not a fruit factory. Instead fruit is grown in an orchard. It is dependent upon life.

There is no fruit without life. The only way that fruit is going to ripen and grow is in the right climate and with the right nutrients. Just like we can't grow bananas in Alaska, we can't grow and produce the fruit of the Spirit unless we're in the place where the Spirit can produce His fruit in us. And that place is walking and abiding in the Spirit.

Read Galatians 5:22-25 today and ask God to help you abide in the Spirit to produce the fruit He desires in your life.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

August 8

God Keeps the Score

"And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you." - Ephesians 4:32

I read something that deeply touched my heart about a PGA golfer named DiVensenzo. As he was leaving a golf course with his winnings, a woman approached him and said, "I have a baby who is dying." Moved with compassion, he endorsed the check and gave it to her saying, "Take this, and try to buy some happiness for yourself and your child."

A week later he was in the clubhouse having lunch, and one of the PGA officials came up to him and said, "Did you know that the woman who approached you last week didn't have a baby dying of an incurable disease!" And DiVensenzo said, "There's no baby dying? That's the best news I've heard all week!" What an attitude!

Do you ever feel like people are going to take advantage of you? Be thankful today that God keeps the score.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

August 9

Evaluating True Riches

"And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever." - 1 John 2:17

Do you want to know how rich you are? Add up everything you own that money cannot buy, that death nor disaster cannot take away, and then you'll know just how rich you are. What did you discover? Hopefully, you discovered that it's time you started laying up true riches. Because all the rest will burn away. If you are putting all of your labor in this world, it's like rearranging deck chairs on a sinking ship.

Read Matthew 6:19-21. Where is your heart? Where is your treasure?
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

August 10

The Voice of Conscience from Within

"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me." - Psalm 51:10

After David had sinned and done the terrible thing that he had done by committing adultery, he said in Psalm 51:3, "For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me." Can you imagine what it would be like for your sin to "ever" be before you? The deed would reverberate through your consciousness unendingly. You see, the conscience is an inner judge that God puts in you that accuses or excuses you. It cannot make you do right, but it shows you what is right or what is wrong. And when your conscience is right, you have tremendous freedom. A good conscience will do something for you that a sleeping pill could never do.

What is your conscience "telling" you today? Are you right with God?

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk