Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

JULY 22

Mountains Need Moving

"Jesus answered and said...if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done." - Matthew 21:21

When a nation loses its ability to discern morality, it embarks on a slippery slope toward self-destruction, especially when it comes to basic sexual morality.

When a nation turns its back on the commands of God, He will say, "That's the last step. I wash My hands. You asked for it. You got it."

Americais in a crisis, and unless we have a moral rebirth, we will join the graveyard of the nations—it's time to wake up. Time is passing—it's time to look up. Jesus is coming—it's time to sober up. Satan is working—it's time to pray up. Mountains need moving.

Ask the Lord to heal our land, forgiving the iniquities of the wicked by bringing salvation to their souls.

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

JULY 23

Jesus Paid It All

"But God, Who is rich in mercy, for His great love wherewith He loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ (by grace ye are saved). - Ephesians 2:5

Suppose your best friend offered to buy you a new car. You tell him that you can't accept it outright and offer to help pay for the car. Then you say, "Here's a quarter. Thank you!"

Now you're driving around, and somebody compliments you on your new car. You say, "Thanks! My friend and I bought this car."

Wouldn't that be ridiculous? Well, that's what we're doing with God when we add our two bits-worth of self-effort to His grace. If you do that, you take the glory from Almighty God. When you get to heaven, all you're going to be able to say is, "Jesus paid it all."

Spend some time reading Ephesians 2 today and praise God for His divine plan of salvation.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

JULY 24

The Enduring Word of the Lord

"The grass withers, and the flower thereof falls away: But the word of the Lord endures forever." - 1 Peter 1:24-25

Many centuries ago there was a Roman emperor named Diocletian who was known for his hatred of Christianity. He hated the Bible so much that he took a Bible and burned it. Then on top of that burned Bible he erected a monument.

Chiseled on that monument were these words:

"Extincto nomini christianorum" — "The name of Christian is extinct."

Over the years many like Diocletian have sought to eradicate the Bible and Christianity, but for naught. The Bible is the incorruptible Word of God, and the foul breath of time and the gnawing tooth of decay cannot destroy the Word of God!

Purchase a Bible this week for the sole purpose of giving it away. Then ask God to find that special someone for you to give it to.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

JULY 25

The Penetrating Power of the Word of God

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword." - Hebrews 4:12

I have found that when you don't apologize for the Bible but accept and teach the Bible, it goes through the devil's lies like a white-hot cannonball through a crate of eggs.

There is power in the Word of God, and Satan does not want you to understand the authority of the Word of God. He doesn't want you to get the power that will divert his fiery attacks away from your heart — his prime target. When the Word of the Lord and the Lord of the Word become your authority, then Satan and all of his demonic forces will flee, and you are going to have authority for your life.

How is the Word of God penetrating your heart? Are you even allowing it to do so? Take a few minutes and ask God to begin a mighty work in you through the power of His Word.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

JULY 26

Charting Our Course by His Word

"But whoso keepeth His word, in Him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in Him."  - 1 John 2:5

The word "keepeth" in 1 John is a derivative of a word that sailors used years ago to refer to their practice of steering their course by "keeping" the stars.

This did not mean, of course, that a sailor would not be blown off course or that he might not over-steer. It didn't mean that he might not nod at the wheel or somehow be distracted, or fail to keep a perfect chart. But the goal, the aim, the desire, and the controlling principle in his life were those stars. He knew that in them he could find direction to his destination.

In the same way, John says God's commandments are to be the standard by which you and I chart our courses in life.

What is determining your steps today? God's Word? Or your word?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

JULY 27

Failure Is Not Final

"O love the Lord, all ye His saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful." - Psalm 31:23

Ty Cobb and Babe Ruth were two of the greatest baseball players of all time. Ty Cobb was known for his record number of stolen bases, and Babe Ruth was known for his record number of home runs. What you may not know is that Ty Cobb was also thrown out more than any other man in baseball trying to steal bases. And Babe Ruth struck out more than any other man in baseball! These fellows didn't let their failures stop them, and neither should you!

Fix your goal.
Face your faults.
Forget your failures.
Failure in the Christian life is not final.

Maybe you or someone you know is feeling discouraged today. Remind them or yourself of the promise in Philippians 4:13.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

JULY 28

One Burning Focus

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." - Matthew 6:33

Do you know what the problem with many of us is? Our faith is something tacked onto our lives. Jesus said, "No man can serve two masters..." (Matthew 6:24). Do you believe that? You are to have but one goal in your life, and that is to know Jesus Christ personally, powerfully, passionately, and preeminently. Everything else will flow out of that.

You say, "But wait a minute. I've got other things to do! I've got a job. I've got to rest. I've got to have recreation. I've got to have friends. I can't just narrow my interests to one." When you bring your life into a burning focus, all of these other things will contribute to the main thing.

What is the burning focus of your life? Make it Jesus, and you've made it!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

July 29

You Are Not a Speck—You Are Cherished!

". . . the very hairs of your head are all numbered." - Matthew 10:30

The Lord sees you. He knows all about you. And I guarantee you on the authority of the Word of God, that He loves you.

This is amazing when you realize that we are just specks on a globe that's about the size of a grain of sand or less compared to the size of the universe.

There's no more reason that the Lord of Glory should be interested in us then we should be interested in an ant floating on a piece of cheesecake in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. And yet our Lord looks down and He sees us as cherished individuals that He loves one by one.

The great God that runs the universe is concerned about you as though that were His only goal.

When was the last time you counted the hairs on your head? Can you trust a God who has them numbered?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

July 30

Your Virtual Reality—Newness of Life!

"We are buried with Him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life." - Romans 6:4

I was in an airport one day looking for something to pass the time. I saw a virtual reality motorcycle ride. I sat down and buckled my seat belt as instructed. The screen came on and I couldn't believe it. I felt like I was riding a motorcycle, but I was just sitting in a room!

Sometimes our mind tells us something is true when it's not true. Other times when something is true, we fail to believe that it is true!

How critical it is for us to focus on the truth! Jesus died for you. He lives for you. You died with Him. You live for Him. Day by day, you need to take those facts and turn them into faith.

Tell yourself this truth today. Write it down. Post it all around you! You are buried with Him. You rose with Him. You can walk in newness of life!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

July 31

How Do I Get More Light?

"Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart." - Psalm 119:34

Is God righteous? Yes! How is the righteousness of God revealed? "From faith to faith." How does that work? God gives you truth...you believe that truth...God gives you more truth.

The more you obey the light, the more light you get.

The reason some of us don't understand the Bible any more than we do is because we have not been living up to the light God has already given us! If you want to understand the part of the Bible you don't understand, begin to obey the part you do understand and you'll understand what you didn't understand. Do you understand?

Ask God for faith that will reveal to you the hidden truths of His Word that are hard for you to understand right now.

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk