Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

February 18

The Value of a Soul

"Yoy were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold...but with the precious blood of Christ." - 1 Peter 1:18-19

I was talking to a man who sold real estate and asked him, "What determines the worth of a piece of property?"

He said, "What a person is willing to pay for it."

In other words, it doesn't matter how much you paid for it yourself. It's what another person is willing to pay to have it for himself or herself.

That makes me want to shout! You and I must be worth something if Jesus would pay His life to have us for His own. Jesus is the proof of how much we're worth.

Do you know how much you weigh? Call a jeweler or a bank today and ask how much your weight is worth in gold. Then realize there's no comparison to your worth in blood...the blood of Jesus Christ.

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

February 19

Be Still and Know that He Is God

"Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." - Psalm 46:10

I read in the newspaper about a fighter plane that fired off a weapon and was moving so fast that it overtook the bullet and shot itself down. Literally! There are a lot of folks I know doing the same thing. They are shooting themselves down.

They don't take time to slow down and to be still and know that God is God. They don't take time to experience His serenity and inner quietness. Isaiah 30:15 says, "In quietness and confidence shall be your strength."

How much time do we take to be quiet before the Lord? If you don't have time to do this, you are too busy! You are going to miss life looking for it.

I have a question for you. Are you spending time alone with the Lord every day? If not, let this be your wake-up call.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

February 20

Dead To Sin, Alive To Christ

"Reckon also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord." -  Romans 6:11

A woman woke up one morning and noticed that she felt like she had just gone to sleep. She said, "It can't be six o'clock in the morning!"

But the radio said it was six. The clock said it was six. The sunrise said it was six. Now, I submit to you: it really didn't matter how she felt, did it?

Sometimes we respond the same way when it comes to our salvation. We need to get our salvation out of the realm of fickle emotions and begin to "reckon" (count on) God's facts.

Each morning when you wake up, begin by saying, "I am dead to sin. I am alive in Christ. I know it's a fact. He died for me. Now I reckon it!"

Look up the word "reckon" in the dictionary. Are you "reckoning" yourself dead to sin and alive to Christ? If not, begin to do so today.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

FEBRUARY 21

Why Is There Suffering in the World?

"If the Son therefore shall make you free, you shall be free indeed." - John 8:36

"If there is a God, and that God is a good God, then why is there suffering?"
"What kind of a God is it that has created evil?"

Ever heard those comments before? Ever made them yourself?

You're not alone. Many people have thought the same thing. But that's not straight thinking. Let me tell you the way it truly is.

God did not create evil. God created perfection. God made man perfectly free. The freedom He granted man meant that he had to be free to choose to love.  Then in order to choose to love, we must be able to choose not to love. This freedom of choice gave rise to evil, for man's freedom meant he could make a wrong choice.

Which kind of love do you want from others? A forced love or a free love? Which sounds better, "I love you" or "I have to love you"?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

February 22

Pray to Be Heard of God, Not Men

"And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Truly I say unto you, They have their reward." - Matthew 6:5

One time a young professional was waiting for a meeting when he heard someone walking down the hallway. Thinking that this might be a potential client for him, he picked up his telephone and pretended to be having a high-powered conversation.

Soon the footsteps stopped at his desk. Looking up he asked, "What may I do for you?" The man standing before him replied, "I'm from the telephone company. I've come to hook up your phone."

Prayer is the same way. The prayer that gets our Savior's attention comes from the heart and not from the head, "to be heard by men." Prayers to impress people are one-way conversations.

Find a quiet place in your home where you can be alone with the Lord every day for a special time of communion with Him. He is waiting for you there.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

FEBRUARY 23

To Be "in Christ Jesus"

"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." - Romans 8:1

What does it mean to be "in Christ Jesus?" First, think about what it was for Noah to be in the ark. The ark was waterproof. How do we know it was? Well, God told Noah, "put pitch on the inside and on the outside" (Genesis 6:14). The word "pitch" in the Hebrew is kapar, and it is exactly the same word translated as "atonement." You see, we are in Jesus as Noah was in that ark. Just as the storms of God's wrath beat upon that ark, the storms of God's wrath beat upon the Lord Jesus. But we are on the inside, and not one drop of judgment can come through.

Read Romans 8:35-39. Reflect on the things that Paul says will never separate you from God's love. Give glory to God that your sins have been atoned for by the righteous blood of the Savior.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

FEBRUARY 24

What Is Justification?

"...and whom He justified, them He also glorified." - Romans 8:30

What does it mean to be justified? It means to be declared righteous.

Justification is not being good, though being good gives God glory. When you put your faith where God put your sins—on the Lord Jesus Christ—then God stamps "righteous" over your name in His "Book of Life."

It's not because of what you have done or ever can do, but because of His justification.

No court on earth can justify anybody. But what God does is take a guilty person and not only give that guilty person a pardon, but He makes that guilty person just as if he had never sinned. That's justification.

If you lived every moment believing in the justification that God has given you, how would your faith be strengthened? Would you be more vocal about the gift of God's love?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

FEBRUARY 25

Living by Promises Not Explanations

"Be not therefore like unto them: for your Father knows what things you have need of, before you ask Him." - Matthew 6:8

According to an article, Henry Ford asked some engineers to box the transmissions for his Model-T Fords in certain sized boxes. He gave meticulous dimensions and material instructions for these boxes. The builders were confused, but they did as they were told.

When the transmissions were delivered, the factory workers took apart the boxes and used them for the floorboards! Mr. Ford was thinking ahead!

That's what God does. He knows what we need even before we ask Him. We may not understand all of His ways, just like those workers who were boxing up the transmissions did not understand.

We do not live by our understanding; we live by His promises.

Is there something happening in your life right now that you don't understand? Read Proverbs 3:5-6 and trust in the promise that He will direct your path.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

FEBRUARY 26

What Is Success?

"And be not conformed to this world: but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God." - Romans 12:2

You've heard it said, "The one who dies with the most toys wins." Is that success? Having your dreams come true? Getting all you want? Earning enough money so that you never have to work again?

May I tell you what success is? And I say this without equivocation. Success is the progressive realization of the will of God for your life. That's what it is.

It's not how much money you have. It's not how famous you are. It's not how healthy you are. It's not how many friends you have or how many toys you have acquired. Success is nothing more, nothing less, than the progressive realization of the will of God for your life.

Do you want to know God's will? Do you want your heart's desire to come true?

Read Micah 6:8. What does God require of you?
Read Psalm 37:4. What is God calling you to do?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

FEBRUARY 27

Longing For His Return

"...we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air." - 1 Thessalonians 4:17

Is your heart longing for Jesus to return? Are you looking for Him? I am. The coming of Jesus is really the only hope for this world.

And when will that be? I don't know. It may be at morning when the clouds break open with sunlight and shadows of night recede from the sky. It may be at noon when the world is hustling and bustling. It may be at dusk when the birds are singing their evening song. Or at midnight, when the stars will dim by the blaze of glory when He descends from the heavenlies.

What joy fills my heart! Does it fill yours as well to think of that moment? Are you ready?

Look up into the skies today and think about His return. Can you imagine the sound of the trumpets and the voice of the angels announcing His return?

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk