Good Bye To Lady

Started by sixdogsmom, January 03, 2010, 05:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

I had to say good bye to an awfully sweet animal today, although I knew in my heart of hearts a couple of days ago that it was just a matter of time. I often told Ted that among the many things he brought to me when we married, Lady was among my favorites. She fell in love with me, and I with her shortly after Ted and I started to date. We used to take all the dogs out to the rodeo grounds on a daily basis so that they could run free. They especially enjoyed me going with them as a pack through the back part of that land, and down along the creek. About a mile in total I think; often Lady would let me know how much she enjoyed that by coming up to me and 'leaning' against my legs. Just like Lee Marvins' horse in Cat Ballou, she would put her full weight against my legs and lean. Had I moved even a little she would have fallen, her way of showing me she trusted me. She would also 'play' ferocious by taking my arm in her rather large mouth, growl and shake it like a rag doll. Of course she never clamped down. She was the best clock I owned, get up in the morning, put the coffee on then have balogna. Drink coffee, feed the cat, get dressed, then have chicken. She would also remind me when it was my own mealtime, as she would happily share in most things. She was an officianado of cornbread and biscuits, as well as cookies, cake and candy. I have never had such a gentle creature, she approached death as she lived life, in a dignified accepting manner. Thank you Lady for being my friend and companion all these years. I am blessed indeed.
Edie

Rhonda

It's always hard to say goodbye.  She was blessed to have you in her life also.  May you find peace knowing she is no longer suffering.

Diane Amberg

Oh my.   I'm so, so sorry. :'( What a wonderful family member she was. She was so lucky to have you in her life all these years. I'm glad you'll have lots of sweet memories until you see her again. I'm sending you a big hug~squeeze~.

greatguns

I am so sorry for your loss.  My heart is with you this evening.  God bless!

Ole Granny

You will miss her but what fond memories you have.  Thanks for sharing.   The tears are flowing.  So sorry.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Teresa

What a wonderful heart full of memories she gave you and I know she is carrying all your love you gave to her with her as she plays on the other side..
I'm so sorry you had to lose her for awhile..  :'(
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Dale Smith

I'm very sorry for you loss.  I'm sure you have seen this before, but I read this each time that I lose a part of my family and I find it gives me comfort. I hope it does you, too.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. Her bright eyes are intent; her eager body quivers. Suddenly she begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, her legs carrying her faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Sarah

I'm so sorry!!!  It's always hard to lose a deeply loved pet.  Just seems they never live long enough! 

Rudy Taylor

Thank you for sharing your memories of Lady.

Your love for her so touched us.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Judy Harder

Edie, I know your pain. I also know that it was her time and just knowing she is
at peace has to comfort you a little.

The animals that God allows into our lives comes when we are so needy ourselves and
when we let them they can help us heal from whatever life has hit us with.

God keep you in your grieving and thank you for sharing with us your heart.
God bless you.
Hugs, too
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk