County Road Department

Started by Wilma, December 25, 2009, 05:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarhead

You had to be registered to have a CB back in the 70's ?? Well, I guess I was a big time law breaker back then too. :)
Wouldn't think too many people would be offended by what they hear over their scanner. If they were I wouldn't think so many would put that chip in their scanner so they can evesdrop on what their neighbors  say on portable and cell phones !!!

Jo McDonald

Ron, I don't know why I remind you of your Aunt Helen T.  Sort of strange, don-cha think?
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

srkruzich

Quote from: jarhead on March 28, 2010, 08:12:40 PM
You had to be registered to have a CB back in the 70's ?? Well, I guess I was a big time law breaker back then too. :)
Wouldn't think too many people would be offended by what they hear over their scanner. If they were I wouldn't think so many would put that chip in their scanner so they can evesdrop on what their neighbors  say on portable and cell phones !!!
Somewhere around here i still got a 23 channel one.  those were much more powerful than the 40 channels that came out. Back when i was driving truck, they came out with the i think it was Andrew jackson cb's which all i had to do was plug in the crystal for the shortwave on it.  You were supposed to have a license but i never got one.  Also had me a 1000 watt liener on it which was switchable from 250 -500 -1000 watt.  Took care of those loudmouths that wouldn't give up the channel cause they thought they were the big dawg.  Stomped all over them when they didn't listen to reason.
Even had the fed boys running all around the truck stop one night lookin for me. LOL
Man you could spot em from 5 miles away with those directionals.

Got to where you couldn't use a cb anymore due to the ground noise.  Still that way.  I have a cobra too here with ssb and all. Still noisy as heck.  Prefer the shortwave much better.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

jarhead

Jo, Don't you tell Helen but she's always been my favorite Aunt. That gal will and does speak her mind---kinda like Teresa does wouldn't you say ??

Teresa

what?? I have kept so quiet on this thread... Not a peep and her you are draggin me into it... :angel:
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Jo McDonald

Snicker snicker ~~~~~

That's funny, she has always been a favorite of mine too.  I talked to her 3 times yesterday...we are both goofy as heck when it comes to college basketball.  Love the teams..hate the teams...love the coaches...hate the coaches~~~~~~~~~
And of course we both think we are super smart when it comes to how the games should have been played.   lol lol lol
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

oldfart

Drove county roads to Fall River lake Sat.,cant believe the differencein Elk and Greenwood county roads.smooth and windrolls to work with

Diane Amberg

Your Federal Stimulus Dollars at work. ;D  Or is it election time again? Our roads always improve when it's election time.

larryJ

How true!!!  You don't need a calendar around here.  When the road crews start "tearing and repairing" it has to be an election year. 

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

oldfart

I was talking about how nice greenwoods roads were

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk