County Road Department

Started by Wilma, December 25, 2009, 05:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.MM

I also "say what I mean and mean what I say," and the county road situation is not a joking matter. I believe there are a LOT of frustrated people around the county, but I get facts before posting things. May throw a little humor out there, such as the idea of the county doing a "cash for 4x4's".......yeah right! And I still don't know you even though you opted to give your name, but like I said, don't really matter to me that I don't. Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Diane Amberg

Actually I have traveled those county roads. Had family 10 miles out on Limestone Rd. long ago. Never had the pleasure during winter or mud season though. It must be frustrating for everyone knowing you have to deal with it every winter.

Varmit

Quote from: kshillbillys on February 25, 2010, 06:15:50 PM
P.S. I'm gonna start not taking people seriously who don't have the nerve to put anything about themselves in their profiles or write in the New Members thread like everyone else has done. If you just go ahead and let us know who you are it gets other people out of hot water (like Fish). And I'm damn sure not going to pay any more attention to people who I KNOW are using two different names on here to argue and make themselves look important!

Could be folks use two names for fear of losing their job.  Isn't that what happened to a former road crew member? 

But since we are going to start applying standards then we should start with who we see in the mirror.  Time and time again folks on this forum have spoken out on how the Federal Gov't needs to not only stop wasteful spending but also do what is best for the country.  How can we expect our Federal Gov't to act in our best interest if we are not willing to demand the same from our county gov't?
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

kshillbillys

Well since I don't work a 4 day week like they do at the county, my weekend won't officially start til tomorrow after work, but yeah, you all have a good weekend too.... ;)

MRS KSHillbillys
Jennifer Walker

P.S. Geez I didn't know people could get confused so easily after you explain something to them... ::)  Can I borrow your crayons and draw you a picture?
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

kshillbillys

Varmint---If all that is being said is "TRUE" then why would someone be afraid of losing their job? Especially for comments on a PUBLIC forum that CANNOT be held against you, as long as they are TRUE...

MRS. KSHillbillys

the shadow

It sounds like there is an identity crisis on the forum these days no one knows who they are.

BUT THE SHADOW KNOWS !!!!
The Shadow knows!

Diane Amberg

Varmit

Quote from: kshillbillys on February 25, 2010, 09:02:46 PM
Varmint---If all that is being said is "TRUE" then why would someone be afraid of losing their job? Especially for comments on a PUBLIC forum that CANNOT be held against you, as long as they are TRUE...

Because we don't live in a perfect world.  And folks don't like bein told they're wrong.  But more to the point, what has been said that isn't true?
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

the shadow

and evil shall be their undoing my fair lady Di
The Shadow knows!

kshillbillys

I don't work for the county so I don't know how true any of it is. Yes some of the roads are bad. If you go back through the last couple of years' posting when Dick Scott had just retired, you will see the comments were the same as they are now. The roads suck... I've never met Ernie but the only bad things I've ever heard about him are from the people on here that "don't work" for the county.

It's a lot like in the politics section over here right now....Ernie is being blamed for things that he inherited from Scott and probably that Scott inherited from whomever was before him.....ya know like Obama inherited stuff from Bush 2,  Bush 2 inherited stuff from Clinton and Clinton from Bush I ...blah blah blah...

I don't go around bashing my job or the people I work with on a public forum, simply because I don't think that's good business. If you aren't proud of who you work for and what kind of job you do, then find a new one. Everyone gripes about the economy so feel free to create a job for someone who would APPRECIATE it!
MRS KSHillbillys

I know you're a taxpayer but say for instance you pay $600/year on your place, I am most certain that you double that in one months' wages with the county. Your small percentage of taxes would'nt even pay an employee for the county for one month much less 14 in the road dept. for a year. This doesn't count courthouse personnel or sheriff's dept. personnel, upkeep of equipment or a rock budget. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it takes everyone in the county who pays their taxes to keep the county government running but only 1 little chicken shit to stir up hate and discontent.

MR KSHillbilly

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk