County Road Department

Started by Wilma, December 25, 2009, 05:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kshillbillys

WHEN did I say that I did NOT APPRECIATE MY JOB????????????
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

kshillbillys

I also NEVER said anything about women need not apply at the county shop either! I was stating it was a woman that came up with the logo using HER program, HER decal sheets and HER time! DISCRIMINATION was NOT even brought up by me!

Just when I was starting to calm down for the evening...Go back and reread my posts! I NEVER said anything about NOT appreciating my job!! I appreciate my benefits and my nice healthy paycheck and I even appreciate my boss and the patrons I deliver to! DO NOT EVER PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH WHEN YOU HAVE NO IDEA!

the shadow

The Shadow knows!

the shadow

Way to go 6Dog for injecting stupid into the equation! I read your post hillbilly and I did not see where you put down your job either. 6Dog must have some kind of superpower to read what she wants to read and perhaps believe what she wants to!

the shadow KNOWS
The Shadow knows!

sixdogsmom

Mrs. Hillbilly, you are a woman working for good wages in what in times past had been considered a male only occupation, thus the term 'mailman'. I would think that you would be in the front lines to assure that not even a hint of discrimination entered the job site; especially in a public servant venue. Elk County Boys is an inappropriate term for public servants in positions that are preasumably open to all applicants. I do hope this reaches the attention of our county commissioners BEFORE some kind of suit is made, and that this error is corrected. This county is not a wealthy one, and a suit such as this would really be felt. It is the law, sorry for those who do not agree, but it is the law.
Edie

srkruzich

Quote from: sixdogsmom on February 28, 2010, 10:00:54 PM
So, you are telling me that it is a closed shop; that women need not apply? Why not change the logo to The Elk County Girls, if it is so easy and inexpensive? The road department is being paid for with tax dollars, certainly not a place to even hint of discrimination. And Frank, Mailman is incorrect, you had it right when you said mail carrier. And Mrs. Hillbilly, I am sorry that you do not appreciate your job, and what other women went through to assure you were even considered for that job. It would be so easy to slip back to the days of blatant discrimination. Think about it!

Mailman Mailman Mailman Mailman Mailman.  Sheesh.  come on it doesn't matter.  The fact is whoever, man woman chimpanzee, or ape whatever it takes to get that mail delivered, is all that matters.  Discrimination my foot!  Who cares as long as the mail gets delivered or the roads get fixed.

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

the shadow

The Shadow knows!

kshillbillys

But YOU stated that I don't APPRECIATE my job...and you are stating this because I ALLOW people to call me, a woman, A MAILMAN? Oh my goodness...That kills me! Do you know who calls me mailman, mail lady, mail girl? LITTLE KIDS on the routes that I do..The adults call me by name usually...Should I copy off your last post so that I can be more sensitive to ALL women and let these kids know that they SHOULD NOT call me a mailMAN? THAT is the STUPIDEST THING I've ever heard to EQUATE me NOT appreciating MY job to not telling someone off that calls me a MAILMAN! I have been there for almost 10 years and I have NEVER yet been offended by that dumbass comment.

Now I'm going to have to go take one of my husbands blood pressure pills....Geez~!

P.S. Thank You Steve and Shadow!

M.MM

Sixdogsmom, you are so right, I too feel it is an inappropriate logo for the county, but it was probably put in place to suit the road bosses ego. REALLY, what was wrong with 'Elk County Road Department'?
Does anyone know if the county was really $150,000 over budget last year? Looks like the comissioners would keep better tabs on spending than that. They are in a position where they should know how to follow a budget, or keep their hirees in line with the budget!

kshillbillys

can i just say BULLCHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!M.MM                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 MR.KSHILLBILLY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk