County Road Department

Started by Wilma, December 25, 2009, 05:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kshillbillys

Geez the things that are griped about on here! Those logos have been on the trucks for about 8 months and you're JUST NOW starting to bitch about them? Cripes, if it said Road and BRIDGE Dept., you all would bitch because they don't build bridges..And I guess they should drop the ROAD too because YA'LL don't think they do a good job there either! How about just a logo on the trucks that says DAMNED IF WE DO AND DAMNED IF WE DON'T?

I wish I knew where everyone on this forum worked so I could criticize them and their work. It's petty and stupid, but I guess it makes ya'll feel better. What started as a nice thread from Wilma has branched off into a big bitchfest...

Jennifer

P.S. In my paragraph I wrote telling about me and the MR. when we joined the forum, I stated I work at the Post Office so hell, start bitching about me and leave the "boys" alone for a couple of days... ::)
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

the shadow

steve you are right (fubared) law suit ? i dont think you can suit if you screw up your own car thinking its a truck. Roads are not in the best shape and anyone who knew this y would they continue to travel and not adjust their direction of travel? If i go outside and shoot my truck and i dont adjust my aim who do i sue smith&wesson.?                                                        

ps. kshillbilly   the post office sucks              (LOL)
The Shadow knows!

frawin

Jennifer, now I have someone I can bitch to about the mail. I have been waiting on this , about 15 years ago the mailman didn't close my mailbox good and the mail got wet. OOPS I said mailman that is probably an offense that I can get sued over,I should have said the mailperson.
Frank

kshillbillys

It's OK Frank!! I'm not offended by it...There's only one word I'm ever called that I'm offended by and it would get that person's hiney beat! (But I'm NOT tellin' what it is!) LOL...I get called mailman, mail lady, mail girl, hey you, whats ur name...everything...People are too thin skinned anymore and just want to whine and bitch about everything! I'm sorry you had a bad mail carrier tho. If I was your mail carrier I would NEVER let you down!  :P

Jennifer  ;D

frawin

Jennifer, Myrna and I like and have a lot of respect for our mail carriers, they are out there everyday delivering the mail in all kinds of weather, and they always have a great attitude about it.

Varmit

Quote from: the shadow on February 28, 2010, 09:02:48 PM
steve you are right (fubared) law suit ? i dont think you can suit if you screw up your own car thinking its a truck. Roads are not in the best shape and anyone who knew this y would they continue to travel and not adjust their direction of travel? If i go outside and shoot my truck and i dont adjust my aim who do i sue smith&wesson.?                                                   
  p.s. kshillbilly   the post office sucks              (LOL)

Okay genuis, what about folks that don't own a truck and have no choice but to drive on our roads. like say, maybe if they live on a bad road?  
As for your anaology...smith&wesson isn't funded by our tax dollars.  Our road crew is.

Jennifer, if we didn't have money for gravel why in the hell would we spend it on logos?  Frankly, I don't care what they say, to me thats not the point. If the county is hurting for money then they shouldn't be wasting it on things like logos.

It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

the shadow

Varmit, it sounds like you've gone ex-commando because your panties are in a wad! I know a few people that work for the road and bridge deptartment and one of them that I know is a nice little lady working dowstairs in the basement. Now what would you say if all it took for those logos was a neat little computer program and some decal paper and her time of running that program? Boy talk about wasting money! I'm pretty sure she has some pink decals that she could make some logos for you, saying Varmit, Blly, Crybaby or R. Shackelford

The Shadow KNOWS
The Shadow knows!

kshillbillys

Good point Shadow. I was told that that nice woman you speak of is the one that came up with the idea for the Elk County Boys. Also, I believe rock was still being hauled into the middle of November so the logos would've had no bearing on that budget anyway.

larryJ

Sorry, Jennifer, I can't bitch about the Postal Service.  I've watched the mail person deliver mail in freezing cold, rain, hail, 100 degree heat with high humidity, a job I would not like to do.  The young man who processes our passport applications some years ago rushed it through so we would have them in time for our vacation.  I remember some years ago, Susie, our mail lady delivering the mail in freezing rain and I had just heated some soup for my lunch.  I ran out and gave it to her because she just looked so miserable.  I made her sit in the mail truck and eat it.  So, you won't hear any bitching from me.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

sixdogsmom

So, you are telling me that it is a closed shop; that women need not apply? Why not change the logo to The Elk County Girls, if it is so easy and inexpensive? The road department is being paid for with tax dollars, certainly not a place to even hint of discrimination. And Frank, Mailman is incorrect, you had it right when you said mail carrier. And Mrs. Hillbilly, I am sorry that you do not appreciate your job, and what other women went through to assure you were even considered for that job. It would be so easy to slip back to the days of blatant discrimination. Think about it!
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk