County Road Department

Started by Wilma, December 25, 2009, 05:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerry wagner

Quote from: srkruzich on March 06, 2010, 08:16:35 PM
Yeah thats one reason i wouldn't and won't hire permanent employee in any business i own.  I can hire a contract employee and get rid of them without fear of suit. 

In a at will state i doubt theres any cause and it would be awful hard to prove when the employer says they don't need ya anymore what cause would there be.???

Certainly is cause:

1. Termination for pregnancy
2. Termination for personal situation (sexual orientation/etc.)
3. Termination for FMLA issues
4. Termination for sexual harrassment whistleblower

etc.... the list goes on

srkruzich

Quote from: jerry wagner on March 06, 2010, 08:54:40 PM
Certainly is cause:

1. Termination for pregnancy
2. Termination for personal situation (sexual orientation/etc.)
3. Termination for FMLA issues
4. Termination for sexual harrassment whistleblower

etc.... the list goes on
And its awful hard to prove any of that.  All a employer needs to do is say they didn't need that person anymore and those issues are a moot point.

And i know that the tactic usually used is to sue anyway to cost the employer money so they will settle out of court.  Thats why i wouldn't hire or won't ever hire any perm employees.   Not worth the hassle.  Contract employees are someone elses problem.

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

jerry wagner

Quote from: srkruzich on March 06, 2010, 09:49:04 PM
And its awful hard to prove any of that.  All a employer needs to do is say they didn't need that person anymore and those issues are a moot point.

And i know that the tactic usually used is to sue anyway to cost the employer money so they will settle out of court.  Thats why i wouldn't hire or won't ever hire any perm employees.   Not worth the hassle.  Contract employees are someone elses problem.

And that is an EXCELLENT reason never to work contract.  The employer has enough protections in KS... let the employee have some.

srkruzich

Quote from: jerry wagner on March 06, 2010, 10:07:56 PM
And that is an EXCELLENT reason never to work contract.  The employer has enough protections in KS... let the employee have some.
Ahh contract is the only way to work. :)  You make 50% more working contract than you do permanent.
Employees have plenty of protections.  I have worked for employers and i have run my own business. The only thing a employer is required to do is to pay a agreed upon wage for a days work.  that's all. Employees are not entitled to anything else.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

M.MM

Yep! Just what I thought was gonna happen HAS. The first little rain came along and all the boys steady work at hauling and dumping etc last week or so, the rock is sinking out of place in them bad areas, and the ruts are back! Now time to start all over again I reckon, sad part of it is, the boss may know how to operate all the equipment, but what good is that if he doesn't know how to use it in the proper way to benefit these roads? Elk county does not have enough rock to get these roads back up in good shape!

Sarge

Quote from: jarhead on March 01, 2010, 09:22:02 AM
Hey Sarge, before we go fishing this spring and  offend someone , my little tug boat,"The Crappie Queen" will be renamed"The Green Latrine". I hate this PC crap !!!

I thought it was the green latrine since you can never quite whiz over the side of it.
the older I get the more I know how little I knew when I knew it all

peanut

We'll be back at road fix'n as soon as it drys a little.
"Talk Low, Talk Slow And Dont Talk Too Much."
                  ( John Wayne )

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Sarge on March 08, 2010, 11:35:59 PM
I thought it was the green latrine since you can never quite whiz over the side of it.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jarhead

Janet,
Please don't laugh at any thing the old fool says. It'll just make him think he's witty and then he will try to come up with another 'funny ." I swear---I do not know why his Uncle Don didn't put the lad head in a 220 connibear and maybe knock some sense into him !!

M.MM

Well Peanut, maybe in the meantime, the boss'll be thinking up a way to fix them roads that'll be more than temporary! LOL we can only hope!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk