What the Hell is Wrong with Sonoma County, California?

Started by Warph, December 23, 2009, 11:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmar

Quote from: srkruzich on December 31, 2009, 06:51:00 AM
I have no idea who this fella is.  
Just going by some simple facts of lineage.  
The simple fact is that Allah is NOT the same god as Christian and Jewish God.   Lets start with the fact that when Jesus came to us, the NT is a continuation of the OT.  It is the OT fulfilled as all parts of the NT agree with the OT.  

With the Koran, it does not agree with the OT whatsoever.  There is no salvation for man in it.
Another thing in the Koran that makes absolutely no sense, is it is a sin to have orgies, drink wine ect but if you kill infidels and die, you get to go to heaven and have all the sex orgies you want and get drunk.
SO if its a sin here why isn't it a sin there.  Go figure.
Mohammeds life itself is that of a tyrant and a pedophile, as well as a murderer and thief.  God only sent his righteous men to give his word in the OT.  In Islam, allah sent the worst of the worst.  

Do a one on one comparison of God vs Allah and you will find they can't be the same god.

One thing that the judaeo/christian God has that the Allah god doesn't have is that EL has been around since the beginning of time and Allah is only 1400 years old according to you.

i think your arguments come from a bunch of slander.  The only historical information about mohammed comes from muslims, and if those things were true, i don't think they would be saying them.  Furthermore, this isn't according to me, i'm quoting someone else, i didn't write it, a muslim scholar did.  The scholar is saying that he was called this name in arabic for 1400 years, not that he existed for 1400 years.  he says Allah translates to The God in arabic, which it does.  in fact, arab christians call god Allah too, it just how the word God translates into arabic.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

srkruzich

Quote from: Anmar on December 31, 2009, 11:37:02 AM
i think your arguments come from a bunch of slander.  The only historical information about mohammed comes from muslims, and if those things were true, i don't think they would be saying them.
Again, Islam is a relative newcomer. 

QuoteFurthermore, this isn't according to me, i'm quoting someone else, i didn't write it, a muslim scholar did.  The scholar is saying that he was called this name in arabic for 1400 years, not that he existed for 1400 years.  he says Allah translates to The God in arabic, which it does.  in fact, arab christians call god Allah too, it just how the word God translates into arabic.
First of all, since God has over 639 names, and Allah only has 99 names, if Allah is the same god as The christian/jewish God wouldn't he have the same number of names?

Secondly, why is it you are more willing to accept that their god is the same god?   Allah has NONE of the characteristics of Elohiym.   
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Sarah

Quote from: redcliffsw on December 31, 2009, 10:54:33 AM

Good one on the NIV. 

Correction or Corruption?
http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:4qiroYgZ6OYJ:www.tbaptist.com/aab/correctioncorruption.htm+niv+corruption&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

There are some that are staunch KJV readers only, in fact, there was a church that around Halloween was doing a "burn" of every version of the Bible except KJV Bibles saying they were evil.  It takes all kinds.

redcliffsw

Nothing wrong with being staunch KJB.
And Halloween is paganism.
We ought to take a stand for what's right, don't
ya think?

jerry wagner

Quote from: redcliffsw on December 31, 2009, 07:34:04 PM
ya think?

Right is not just your opinion but what is in the eye of the beholder.  We ought to stand for tolerance of other people and stop trying to force your beliefs on others.

Varmit

But what happens when those "other" people are wrong in our eyes?
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Sarah

Quote from: redcliffsw on December 31, 2009, 07:34:04 PM
ya think?

Uhm, I think there's a huge difference between someone believing that Halloween is wrong and believing that someone that reads a translation other than the KJV is wrong.  Sort of like comparing apples and oranges. 

I am not a staunch KJV reader.  I memorize verses out of the KJV usually as it's a little more poetic sounding and easier for me to memorize, but as far as study Bibles go, I always use the Schofield study Bible in NIV translation.  My advice to people wanting to really get into indepth study is to use several translations side by side along with a good Concordance and other study aids.  And use the cross references.  I have seen more people take more verses out of context because they refuse to cross reference them.  Am I a staunch KJV Bible?  Absolutely not.  I think there are translations out there that are better than others, but is it a matter of right and wrong?  No.  You're not going to go to hell just because you read an NASB or an NIV or the Living Bible or whatever.  As long as it's not a Mormon Bible or a JW Bible, the Holy Spirit can use any of them to teach.

Mom70x7

QuoteYou're not going to go to hell just because you read an NASB or an NIV or the Living Bible or whatever. 
Thank you.
the Holy Spirit can use any of them to teach.
Again, Thank you.

Sarah

I guess if one wants THE most accurate Bible there is in English then one really wants to read an "interlinear" Bible which I have and you can get.  It's the NT written in Greek with the literal English translation right below it.  It's a "parallel" Bible and mine has the greek, with the English translation right below it word for word along with the parallel of the NIV and KJV Bibles on the opposite page.  You can't get any more accurate than that without being able to read Greek.   :P

Sarah

Quote from: Mom70x7 on January 01, 2010, 08:22:45 AM
Thank you.Again, Thank you.

:)

I don't believe in making people feel guilty for reading something other than a KJV Bible.  My husband has an extremely hard time understanding a KJV Bible.  A lot of people do and it uses words that we just don't use in common speech any more.  There are a lot of good translations out there.  To nail people down to one translation is unnecessary.  I bought my husband a NASB and he's quite happy with it.  :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk