What the Hell is Wrong with Sonoma County, California?

Started by Warph, December 23, 2009, 11:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmar

you can't put over a billion people into a single belief system and say "they" are all a certain way.  There are good muslims, bad muslims, crazy muslims, smart muslims etc.

Furthermore, the texts that are attributed to certain authors weren't actually written by those people.  Even the bible scholars agree on that.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

srkruzich

Quote from: Anmar on December 28, 2009, 05:35:30 PM
you can't put over a billion people into a single belief system and say "they" are all a certain way.  There are good muslims, bad muslims, crazy muslims, smart muslims etc.

Furthermore, the texts that are attributed to certain authors weren't actually written by those people.  Even the bible scholars agree on that.

Uhmm  God wrote every word in the book.  He IS the author

Now they can't say that about the koran.  Mohammed wrote it and a major chunk of it was plagerized from other religious beliefs like the hindu, buddist, ect

Now anmar how bout going back and answer the questions i asked. You always do that, when you can't explain something you misdirect or call someone nuts.

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

larryJ

I think you guys need a remedial course in religious history.  Try going back and reading the fundamentals of the Koran.  Learn about where the Muslim religion came from or started, supposedly.  I say supposedly because nobody really knows for sure.

Muslims believe that Mohammad is a messenger from God.  Just like Jesus, just like Abraham, etc.  Mohammad and his followers put down what they believe God said to him, hence the Koran.  Same for the Bible.  The books of the Bible are writings handed down from those who received messages from God.  The main difference between Muslim and Judeo-Christian religions is that Christians believe in the Holy Trinity and the Muslims do not.  Of course, there are other differences, but it is like someone tells a story to two people and the story is handed down from both, but maybe in a different way. 

Islam means peace.  One of the teachings is that one should not be oppressive to others.  Those Muslims who are terrorists do not practice their religion as they should.  There are those of us who are Christians that do not faithfully follow the Ten Commandments, yet profess to be Christians.

Go back and read and learn more.

Larryj

HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Sarah

Quote from: larryJ on December 28, 2009, 08:30:55 PM
I think you guys need a remedial course in religious history.  Try going back and reading the fundamentals of the Koran.  Learn about where the Muslim religion came from or started, supposedly.  I say supposedly because nobody really knows for sure.

Muslims believe that Mohammad is a messenger from God.  Just like Jesus, just like Abraham, etc.  Mohammad and his followers put down what they believe God said to him, hence the Koran.  Same for the Bible.  The books of the Bible are writings handed down from those who received messages from God.  The main difference between Muslim and Judeo-Christian religions is that Christians believe in the Holy Trinity and the Muslims do not.  Of course, there are other differences, but it is like someone tells a story to two people and the story is handed down from both, but maybe in a different way. 

Islam means peace.  One of the teachings is that one should not be oppressive to others.  Those Muslims who are terrorists do not practice their religion as they should.  There are those of us who are Christians that do not faithfully follow the Ten Commandments, yet profess to be Christians.

Larryj

I can tell you from personally knowing a Muslim that wasn't a terrorist, just your average Muslim that no, they are not peaceful to those that are not Muslims.  There may be a few that are, but the religion in and of itself is not a peaceful religion. 

Secondly, being a Christian isn't about following the 10 commandments and that's the whole point behind Christianity.  It's about being forgiven, not following rules.

Anmar

Quote from: srkruzich on December 28, 2009, 06:20:16 PM
Uhmm  God wrote every word in the book.  He IS the author

Now they can't say that about the koran.  Mohammed wrote it and a major chunk of it was plagerized from other religious beliefs like the hindu, buddist, ect

Now anmar how bout going back and answer the questions i asked. You always do that, when you can't explain something you misdirect or call someone nuts.

Mohammed didn't write the koran, mohammed was illiterate.  The Koran wasn't in written form until about 20-30 years after his death, it was compiled by the fourth caliph, Uthman.  The bible however, wasn't written until hundreds of years after Jesus' death.  The concept of trinity didn't even appear in ANY biblical writings until the third century, you should know this.

As for your other questions, i addressed them already.

@ Sarah, please read larry's post.  some are nice, some are not, get over it.

Varmit

You know what I find kinda funny?  All the scholars, experts, historians, etc that say that the Bible is not accurate, or that the writings were twisted or whatever.  Yet Christ tells us thourgh the Bible that the world will deny Him and His teachings.  Yet we still get caught up in these conversations.  Then you have those that say we all worship the same god.  That is simply not true.  There is NO Way that the muslim god is the same as the Christian God.  You see, the Christian God had a son, His name is Jesus.  The muslim god?...not so much.  What Christians need to remember is that satans best trick is not in turning Christians away from God, but in convincing the world that satan doesn't exist.

Sarah, I agreed with you up until your last post.  I don't think that being a Christian is about being forgiven, I think that being forgiven is about being Christian.  Remember John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not persish, but have everlasting life.  Notice you have to believe in order to be forgiven. 

Then theres John 3:18 He that believeth on Him is not condemened, but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believeth in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

And thats all I am going to add to this thread.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

redcliffsw

Yeah Sarah, I agree.  Srkruzich, you're doing good but I don't think they're
understanding you.  There was a time in the past that I would not have understood
you and certainly I would have been agin what you are saying.  Stay right in there.

Jesus existed before Abraham.
John 8: 58  58  Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Sheep know their shepherd.
John 10:  25 - 30
Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
I and my Father are one.

There's only one true God.  You can say that Islam was "invented" too late and it can't be true religion - what's
so hard to understand about that?

Billy, good post for sure.

Anmar

oh you 4 are impossible. 

You're quoting a book that has been mangled and altered by thousands of different MEN,

you ignore your own scholars and experts when their opinions don't match yours,

you ignore history, and basic facts.  Like the fact that trinity didn't exist for the first 300 years of christianity.

You even go as far as to ignore certain passages in the bible,

all just to make a point.  The only point that you all are making is that you can't be reasoned with.

srkruzich

Quote from: larryJ on December 28, 2009, 08:30:55 PM
It is a mishmash compilation of multiple religions.  Some from the judaeo belief, some from hindu and some from buddist, and some from the canaanite religions.

QuoteMuslims believe that Mohammad is a messenger from God. 
A prophet.

QuoteJust like Jesus, just like Abraham,
Abraham was not a prophet.

QuoteMohammad and his followers put down what they believe God said to him, hence the Koran. 
Mohammad did not write the koran. 
Muhammad died in 632. The earliest written material of his life is the sira of Ibn Ishaq (750), but Ibn Ishaq's work was lost. We only have parts of it available in quotation by Ibn Hisham (834). The hadith are even later. There are six authoritative collections of hadith: Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Maja, Abu Dawud, al-Tirmidhi, and al-Nisai. All are dated between 200 and 300 years after Muhammad.

Islam means peace.
Islam does not mean peace. Islam means complete submission to the will of Allah.

QuoteOne of the teachings is that one should not be oppressive to others.  Those Muslims who are terrorists do not practice their religion as they should.  There are those of us who are Christians that do not faithfully follow the Ten Commandments, yet profess to be Christians.

Larryj

Well Christians do not go out and strap bombs to blow up innocents.  Shrug.  Kinda comparing apples to oranges there aren't ya.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk