What the Hell is Wrong with Sonoma County, California?

Started by Warph, December 23, 2009, 11:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

Anmar, regardless of when Christ was born, Dec. 25th is the day it is celebrated.  Fact is, no one knows EXACTLY when that day was. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Sarah

Quote from: Anmar on December 25, 2009, 07:34:35 PM
Billy, you totally missed the point.  I think people should celebrate what they want.  I know that Christmas has nothing to do with christianity, but i appreciate the time off to spend with family.  Its not really offensive to me that anyone celebrates their holidays, and frankly i could care less.

The point is, just because 300 million people think Jesus was born on december 25th doesn't make it true, and its not.  People need to go and read their bibles.

Does it really make a difference whether He was born December 25th or June 4th or October 15th?  It's the fact that we do honor His birthday and celebrate the day He came to live a perfect life and die for our sins so that we might be reconciled to God and have life everlasting.  We have only been celebrating His birth on Christmas day for 100's of years and so it matters not where Christmas actually started, but that it is a time when we as Christians do recognize His birth and His coming.

And if you think it doesn't have anything to do with Christianity, you need to read the news more.  There isn't hardly a time goes by that there isn't a mention of someone somewhere trying to do away with something that has links to Christianity.  From taking prayers out of schools to pushing Bible studies held by students off campuses to pulling the 10 commandments out of government buildings to trying to take "In God We Trust" off our money to taking the symbols of Christianity off Christmas trees.  The more we allow to be taken away the more they will continue to do so.  

Anmar

It does matter when you start mixing pagan religous traditions with christianity, which is what christmas is really all about.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Varmit

Quote from: Anmar on December 25, 2009, 10:27:36 PM
It does matter when you start mixing pagan religous traditions with christianity, which is what christmas is really all about.

Those traditions are only "mixed" if you allow them to be.  I know that some consider the Christmas tree to be a pagan symbol, but not in my house.  To us the tree represents the Cross on which Christ paid for our sins and gave us the gift of salvation.  We teach our children that the reason we give gifts is to show our love to one another.  To us, there is nothing pagan about Christmas. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Sarah

I have to agree with Varmit on this.  It hasn't been a pagan holiday for hundreds and hundreds of years.  You know, when an animal has been wild and then kept and bred almost exclusively in captivity for so long, pretty soon it is no longer wild, but domesticated.  Seems to me that Christmas has been a Christian holiday long enough now to no longer be considered a pagan holiday.

Anmar

You can't change your religion to suit your individual needs.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

srkruzich

Quote from: Anmar on December 26, 2009, 07:34:53 PM
What the heck are you talking about?  You make absolutely no sense.

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Varmit

Quote from: Anmar on December 26, 2009, 07:34:53 PM

I'm not.  And even if I were I believe that a persons walk with God is between that person and God.

But hey, since you brought it up...why have you remained silent on this until now?  Why haven't you spoken up on this point sooner?  Its not like you haven't had the oppurtunity to do so.  Why haven't you spoken up on the so-called peaceful religion of Islam?  Muslims, more than anyone, twist the koran to fit their needs, why haven't you spoken against them??

redcliffsw

"Twisted" is a good term for them.  Their god Allah does not even exist.

Diane Amberg

What about the Persians? Hate them too? Is there anybody you do like? Allah doesn't exists? Are you sure he wasn't there first? All set for another religious war?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk