What the Hell is Wrong with Sonoma County, California?

Started by Warph, December 23, 2009, 11:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmar

Billy, if your question is, why haven't i spoken against muslims, its a pretty simple answer.

1. this thread isn't about muslims
2. nobody here is a muslim
3. most posters on this forum are too filled with hate to talk about muslims
4. most posters here don't know enough about islam to talk about muslims

Furthermore, muslims believe that they worship the same god as the christians and jews.  I don't know where all this ba'al nonsense came from.  Chaldea is an area in what is now iraq, and their civilation vanished long before islam came around.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

srkruzich

Quote from: Anmar on December 28, 2009, 01:42:40 AM

Furthermore, muslims believe that they worship the same god as the christians and jews.  I don't know where all this ba'al nonsense came from.  Chaldea is an area in what is now iraq, and their civilation vanished long before islam came around.

yep we know. You don't know squat about allah.  
According to Middle East scholar E.M. Wherry, whose translation of the Quran is still used today, in pre-Islamic times Allah-worship, as well as the worship of Ba-al, were both astral religions in that they involved the worship of the sun, the moon, and the stars (A Comprehensive Commentary on the Quran, Osnabruck: Otto Zeller Verlag, 1973, p. 36).

'"Allah" is a pre-Islamic name . . . corresponding to the Babylonian Bel' (Encyclopedia of Religion, I:117 Washington DC, Corpus Pub., 1979).

The word "Allah" comes from the compound Arabic word, al-ilah. Al is the definite article "the" and ilah is an Arabic word for "god." It is not a foreign word. It is not even the Syriac word for God. It is pure Arabic. (There is an interesting discussion of the origins of Allah, in "Arabic Lexicographical Miscellanies" by J. Blau in the Journal of Semitic Studies, Vol. XVII, #2, 1972, pp. 173-190).

In the field of comparative religions, it is understood that each of the major religions of mankind has its own peculiar concept of deity. In other words, all religions do not worship the same God, only under different names.

The sloppy thinking that would ignore the essential differences which divide world religions is an insult the uniqueness of world religions.

Which of the world religions holds to the Christian concept of one eternal God in three persons? When the Hindu denies the personality of God, which religions do not agree with this? Obviously, all men do not worship the same God, or goddesses.

Note: Christians do not understand "the peculiar concept of one eternal God in three persons" but one eternal God with three major offices or dispensation claims.

The Quran's concept of deity evolved out of the pre-Islamic pagan religion of Allah-worship. It is so uniquely Arab that it cannot be simply reduced to Jewish or Christian beliefs.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

redcliffsw

Srkruzich, most Americans used to believe right along with you, but that's
probably been 100 years ago or so.  It would be good if the country could
reclaim it.

The muslim religion is a man-made religion under satan. 

Sarah

Quote from: redcliffsw on December 28, 2009, 07:07:22 AM
Srkruzich, most Americans used to believe right along with you, but that's
probably been 100 years ago or so.  It would be good if the country could
reclaim it.

The muslim religion is a man-made religion under satan. 

I would say that most genuine born-again Christians do believe right along with him.  Of course, there are a ton that claim it, few that actually are.  And there are a ton of supposed Christians that believe that any religion that claims to know God are Christians, regardless of their doctrines or beliefs.

Diane Amberg

Varmit, thank you for the apology. I was just poking you guys because sometimes you get SO intense....and way off the thread subject. I could care less about what some of you feel about born again Christians VS Muslims etc. That is totally your business. But some of you seem so quick to try to create enemies where there are none.  Such as on this forum. This is supposed to be a place for the exchange of ideas, but some seem to be stuck in a rut. You still haven't figured out that I often throw out questions for comment that in no way reflect my personal position, they are just for discussion or consideration.
  How about what happened in Detroit? How about Switzerland banning minarets? There is a lot to speculate about and discuss.You are on a big anti Muslim kick and I understand that, but how does labeling me in some negative way move that along? I happen to be interested in politics but you won't let me be a part of it unless I simply become a "yes man'' (woman). Phooey on that. I'll just read and not comment except to myself.
Red, I'm sorry, I know you mean well, but most of the time I have no idea what you are talking about.

Anmar

Steve, I speak arabic, i know where the word comes from and what it means.  That doesnt change the fact that muslims believe they are worshipping the same god as the christians and jews.  I didnt say they WERE, i said that this is what they believe.  They do not believe in the trinity, but then neither do a lot of christians.  In fact, many of the founders of this country didnt believe in a holy trinity.  The jews don't believe in a trinity either.  Jesus was jewish, right? hmmmm (Teresa, you need to add a smiley of a guy rubbing his chin)

The jewish and muslim concepts of god are pretty much exaclty the same.  Its the evangelical/catholic concept of trinity that is out of whack with monotheism.  This is mostly due to the fact that judaism and islam have not been changed from their original form, unlike christianity, which has been mauled by men in order to suit their needs.

The people whom you are trying to link, worshippers of ba'al and the like, did not speak arabic.

Sarah

Quote from: Anmar on December 28, 2009, 11:14:40 AM
Steve, I speak arabic, i know where the word comes from and what it means.  That doesnt change the fact that muslims believe they are worshipping the same god as the christians and jews.  I didnt say they WERE, i said that this is what they believe.  They do not believe in the trinity, but then neither do a lot of christians.  In fact, many of the founders of this country didnt believe in a holy trinity.  The jews don't believe in a trinity either.  Jesus was jewish, right? hmmmm (Teresa, you need to add a smiley of a guy rubbing his chin)

The jewish and muslim concepts of god are pretty much exaclty the same.  Its the evangelical/catholic concept of trinity that is out of whack with monotheism.  This is mostly due to the fact that judaism and islam have not been changed from their original form, unlike christianity, which has been mauled by men in order to suit their needs.

The people whom you are trying to link, worshippers of ba'al and the like, did not speak arabic.

This is way off thread here, but can one truly be a Christian and not believe in the trinity?  After all, Jesus WAS God and yet He prayed.  So who was He praying to?  Himself?  And when He cried out "Abba Father", just who was He crying out to?  And when God spoke after Jesus was baptized, who was speaking?  And who came in the form of a dove?  And just who is it that indwells each and every believer? 

As far as the early Jews not believing in the trinity, I'm not so sure that's true.  I'm not good with ancient Hebrew, Steve is much better than I am, but in the original texts, any word relating to God was actually a plural word, not a singular.  I'll have to go refresh my Hebrew, but at any rate, in the OT texts, God is referred to as a plural rather than a singular, so it would seem that they did indeed believe that God was more than one. 

I can't say that I personally know of any Christians that do not believe in the trinity.  I know some that believe that Jesus was merely a good man and not God incarnate, but I don't consider them to be true Christians.

Anyway, just some random thoughts.  :)

Anmar

Sarah, the trinity wasn't originally part of the christian religion.

Furthermore, if you claim that anyone who doesnt believe in the trinity isn't a christian, you just condemned more than a third of this nations founders.

Sarah

Quote from: Anmar on December 28, 2009, 02:06:32 PM
Sarah, the trinity wasn't originally part of the christian religion.

The trinity was spoken of in both the old and new testaments.  So, if the apostles spoke of the trinity (not that exact word), it's an obvious doctrine and so, yes, was part of the Christian religion since the dawn of time.

Anmar

its not in the Torah, the books were changed. 

Also, christianity did not begin at the dawn of time, sorry.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk