What the Hell is Wrong with Sonoma County, California?

Started by Warph, December 23, 2009, 11:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Ban on angels, stars and other decorations on county Christmas trees

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20091221/NEWS/912219968/1349?Title=Ban-on-angels-stars-on-county-Christmas-trees

An angel and other religious symbols have been ordered removed from Christmas trees in government buildings in Sonoma County following a complaint.

Irv Sutley, a disabled 65-year-old Marine veteran of Santa Rosa who said the symbols were "extremely offensive" and part of the "cult" of Christianity was pleased with a subsequent e-mail sent by acting County Administrator Chris Thomas of Sonoma County, California to managers of all 26 county departments instructing them to remove religious symbols like angels and stars from holiday displays.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

srkruzich

IF they can ban angels, and religious symbols, then they ahve to ban the tree as it is a pagan religious symbol.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

larryJ

It has long been known that those living north of Santa Barbara in Northern California are a little suspect.  Mental illness is rampant in that half of the state.  I did not see anything in the article that suggested the gentleman was a marine, only a veteran.  

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Varmit

In the article it said that the "symbols" need be removed so that "we can celebrate the season but not appear to endorse Christanity"....what a bunch of liberal nonsense.  The reason we celebrate Christmas is the birth of CHRIST.  Leave it to Kalifornia.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Jo McDonald

Doesn't it just make you want to punch their lights out?  Seriously....we give more power to nut cases, and they just grab all the BS
and run with it.  Others just sit back, shake their heads and sigh.  Makes me MADDER than H - E - double sunshine.

Jo
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Sarah

What's bad is if I say that it's extremely offensive that they left them off as that shows that they're denying my chosen religion, you know they wouldn't put them back up.  We do everything we can to please the atheist and all the other religions, but God forbid we should do anything that pleases the Christians.

Varmit

Personally, I would like to see the look on their faces when they are standing before the Almighty, trying to convince Him that He doesn't exist.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Warph

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Jo McDonald

I think some one should have this man committed.  He is nuttier than a peach orchard boar.
How dare the officials take the request of ONE --one?? PERSON to do these removals , against the
wishes of all the rest?  Something is very wrong with this picture.  I'm surprised we aren't reading
where the county residents are rising up against this action.  They should be.....
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk