Severy has the corner on lottery winners (LOL)

Started by Rudy Taylor, December 21, 2009, 04:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudy Taylor

Donald Drumwright of Severy enjoys "cheering up" his mom, who is disabled. One way he does that is to purchase lottery tickets for her to scratch.
   "It's entertainment and brain exercise for her," explained Drumwright.
   Drumwright and his mother both got cheered up last night, when a $1 Blackjack instant ticket the son had purchased for his mother turned out to be a $10,000 winner!
   "My mom scratched it off and got all excited," Drumwright said. "I checked it and, sure enough, it was a big winner."
   Drumwright, who is single and works for Griffith Steel in Wichita, says he and his mom haven't decided yet what to do with the prize money.
   The lucky ticket was purchased at Speedy Foot & Fuel, located at 1400 E. 16th St. in Wellington.
   The win is the second large win claimed by a Severy man this week. Four days ago, Roy Higbee of Severy claimed a $200,000 prize for matching first five numbers in the December 12 Powerball drawing. 
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Diane Amberg

Wonderful for him. Rather odd store name though  ;)

Jo McDonald

yeaaaaaaaaaaa THAT IS WONDERFUL NEWS !!!!
iT IS ALWAYS GREAT WHEN SOMEONE WINS SOMETHING BIG!!! 
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Dee Gee

That is a cute typo it should be Speedy Food & Fuel, located at 1400 E. 16th St. in Wellington.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Rudy Taylor

What's the matter with Speedy Foot?

I've got one that has cost me a few speeding tickets.

It truly is "a wonderful life."

Diane Amberg

Around here we don't have sport shoes on sale in gas stations. In Kansas anything is possible! Actually that would be a cute subject. ..strange combinations sold in conjunction with each other.

Jo McDonald

Diane Amberg

Speedy foot =sport shoes...Speedy Foot and Fuel.  Never mind.

Jo McDonald

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk