Vote~~Congressmen should have to accept the same level of health care

Started by Teresa, December 02, 2009, 05:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

I can only speak for here of course, but for many many years the big industries have used health care and vacation benefits as bargaining chips to attract top potential employees. Gov't employees here ( local ,county and state) tend to have lower salaries but slightly better negotiated health care benefits, some with cafeterias style programs, and slightly better retirement plans.As the economy has failed and contracts are up for renewal benefits are changing. I won't bore you with the details, but people are very aware that the money pot is not a bottomless pit. You'll just call me a liar, but I am not for the proposed Gov't plan. This is the first and last word I have said or will say on that subject.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on December 03, 2009, 01:01:59 PM
I can only speak for here of course, but for many many years the big industries have used health care and vacation benefits as bargaining chips to attract top potential employees. Gov't employees here ( local ,county and state) tend to have lower salaries but slightly better negotiated health care benefits, some with cafeterias style programs, and slightly better retirement plans.As the economy has failed and contracts are up for renewal benefits are changing. I won't bore you with the details, but people are very aware that the money pot is not a bottomless pit. You'll just call me a liar, but I am not for the proposed Gov't plan. This is the first and last word I have or will say on that subject.
You are right the benefits were there to bring in the best of the best.  But the benefits are still not the obligation of the employer.  It is a "gift" so to speak for those who have worked hard to be the best.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Varmit

Diane, I don't mind gov't employees recieveing healthcare benefits.  I just don't want the gov't trying to provide healthcare for every single person in the United States. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Anmar

Quote from: Varmit on December 03, 2009, 01:43:00 PM
Diane, I don't mind gov't employees recieveing healthcare benefits.  I just don't want the gov't trying to provide healthcare for every single person in the United States. 

Well, its a good thing that the government won't be doing that as part of their new plan.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Sarah

Quote from: Anmar on December 03, 2009, 04:14:10 PM
Well, its a good thing that the government won't be doing that as part of their new plan.

No, but from what I understand they'll slap a great big fine on you if you don't go buy it.

Anmar

They fine you for not having health care, you don't have to buy it from the government.  If you can't afford it, the government will give you a voucher to buy healthcare from whomever you want
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Varmit

If they are giving vouchers then they are paying for it.  Either way it is still wrong and should be stopped.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

srkruzich

Quote from: Anmar on December 03, 2009, 10:00:01 PM
They fine you for not having health care, you don't have to buy it from the government.  If you can't afford it, the government will give you a voucher to buy healthcare from whomever you want
There in lies the entire problem.   Fining someone for not buying a product is unconscionable.  It is Unconstitutional as well as a direct assault on our freedom.   
If they can get away with this, then whats to stop them from saying ok you have to buy xyz product or be fined. 
Next step on this slippery slope is You murder your unborn baby or be fined. 
To fine someone, requires a crime to be committed. How is making a choice to Not partake in some product a crime.  Lets see, not buying insurance on your car is NOT a crime, if you don't drive.  Thats fair enough.  Just don't drive and your fine you have a choice. 

Not buying health insurance is a crime unless you are dead.  There IS NO choice that doesn't violate the entire constitution.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk